shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are really pretty and so comfortable to wear. I have been looking for an (affordable) pair for a while. These are In 18k white and yellow gold. Here are some quick ear shots C9D769CE-8086-4F9F-9436-D97FBD5F1DD7.jpeg A050A266-53E6-4DCB-8832-2E5A3C5FF05E.jpeg

Ah, thank you! They're beautiful!! They look perfect on you, enjoy them!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread & purposely like to not glance at it for a few weeks so I have many pretties to look over all at once when I do!

I've had these for a month, but they were such a special buy for me, so to me they still feel very new!

I've always lusted after the idea of building my dream studs but when I found these pair that someone else was letting go of, I realized that they checked every box.

They're 1.4ctw, coming in at .70cts each & have a lovely spread, clarity, and gorgeous eggshell color. Sometimes they look a lovely antique white doily color & other times they are extremely white.

They were taken from an antique toi et moi ring & placed in these lovely 14k yg claw settings by the previous owner, whom obviously has amazing taste!

The way they dance in natural light and reflect every rainbow color in the room in indirect light is just magical!

I absolutely adore them as they go with everything & are perfect as my everyday studs. Eventually, I want to build different diamond, pearl, & gemstone dangles for them but right now I'm just enjoying their presence & getting to know each one.

So yeah, def a special purchase as I finally get to check off such a huge staple from my jewelry wardrobe wishlist! ❤

20210910_092009~2.jpg 20210910_092135~2.jpg 20210910_092258.jpg
20210910_092245.jpg

Ps. For any rock rock nerds lol The crystal that they're sitting on in the last two photos is a Herkimer diamond stuck in rock matrix which is just so awesome to have! There's another herk on the other side too!

I love minerals and gems in all shapes and forms! :drool:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread & purposely like to not glance at it for a few weeks so I have many pretties to look over all at once when I do!

I've had these for a month, but they were such a special buy for me, so to me they still feel very new!

I've always lusted after the idea of building my dream studs but when I found these pair that someone else was letting go of, I realized that they checked every box.

They're 1.4ctw, coming in at .70cts each & have a lovely spread, clarity, and gorgeous eggshell color. Sometimes they look a lovely antique white doily color & other times they are extremely white.

They were taken from an antique toi et moi ring & placed in these lovely 14k yg claw settings by the previous owner, whom obviously has amazing taste!

The way they dance in natural light and reflect every rainbow color in the room in indirect light is just magical!

I absolutely adore them as they go with everything & are perfect as my everyday studs. Eventually, I want to build different diamond, pearl, & gemstone dangles for them but right now I'm just enjoying their presence & getting to know each one.

So yeah, def a special purchase as I finally get to check off such a huge staple from my jewelry wardrobe wishlist! ❤

20210910_092245.jpg

They are lovely! :kiss2:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Found this in an antique jewellery shop being sold as an emerald cut diamond. It has french cut diamonds in the shoulders. Its uncertified, no sign of a GIA number on the girdle either, but its extremely white facing, high clarity, and a great price.

I try to avoid buying rings from retail outlets, and prefer to only to buy GIA certed diamonds. Plus I saw it "by accident" in a town nowhere near where I live so didnt have the benefit of my ASET scope either. But in spite all of these things I couldnt get it out of my mind. Whilst I was there I took pics of it under the jewellers lighting but also outside in daylight and have been drooling over them ever since.

If it wasnt such a unique cut I would never be tempted to ignore all my usual buying principles. Its something that's been on wish list for a very long time, and they are hard to find here in the UK.

I really don't need another ring but......... :D :lol: 20210901_142040 (3).jpg 20210902_115331.jpg
20210902_115150 (2).jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this in an antique jewellery shop being sold as an emerald cut diamond. It has french cut diamonds in the shoulders. Its uncertified, no sign of a GIA number on the girdle either, but its extremely white facing, high clarity, and a great price.

I try to avoid buying rings from retail outlets, and prefer to only to buy GIA certed diamonds. Plus I saw it "by accident" in a town nowhere near where I live so didnt have the benefit of my ASET scope either. But in spite all of these things I couldnt get it out of my mind. Whilst I was there I took pics of it under the jewellers lighting but also outside in daylight and have been drooling over them ever since.

If it wasnt such a unique cut I would never be tempted to ignore all my usual buying principles. Its something that's been on wish list for a very long time, and they are hard to find here in the UK.

I really don't need another ring but......... :D :lol: 20210901_142040 (3).jpg 20210902_115331.jpg
20210902_115150 (2).jpg

What a find!!! I, too, would not have been able to walk away from this gorgeous ring!! Lucky you!

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock

20210910_092245.jpg

Ps. For any rock rock nerds lol The crystal that they're sitting on in the last two photos is a Herkimer diamond stuck in rock matrix which is just so awesome to have! There's another herk on the other side too!

I love minerals and gems in all shapes and forms! :drool:

These earrings are absolutely perfect! Wow! Congratulations and enjoy those beauties!

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock

20210902_115150 (2).jpg

Classic and gorgeous!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a find!!! I, too, would not have been able to walk away from this gorgeous ring!! Lucky you!

I wont get it for another week or so, but in the meantime I have been second guessing myself, especially since I havent been able to subject it to my usual level of scrutiny before purchase :wall:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
diamondhoarder, you are something else. It's like the universe sends you these incredible things. Is it possible to have and enjoy it without scrutiny?
No, I didn't think so.
If I had your eye, I'd be all over it, too.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondhoarder, you are something else. It's like the universe sends you these incredible things. Is it possible to have and enjoy it without scrutiny?
No, I didn't think so.
If I had your eye, I'd be all over it, too.

Do you honestly think its nice? I sometimes wonder if I get too drawn in by "unusual" finds which may not hold up well against more conventional cuts. I am someone who likes to collect different things but also from time to time I do sell a few things on to fund future purchases. This one might be more of a risk than most because its not GIA certed nor does it have any evidence of branding. My understanding is that Tycoon cuts (which I think this is) are GIA certified and also have the Tycoon logo on the girdle. But this has no "credentials" other than what my eyes can see.

I think that its a secondary market modern stone which has been set in an antique style ring. And that may be why its a good deal.

I am honestly having a bit of a wobble about it. I have so far only paid a deposit, and it is currently being sized for my finger. It didn't help that the platinum mounting its in had no stamps or hallmarks at all, although the vendor is getting that done for me once its been sized.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I love it, I love the unusual. It's white and beautiful, much nicer cut than the criss-cuts I've been ogling. There are two Tycoons on U.S. ebay, a .55 for $1,075 and a .63 in the UK for 2,395 GBP. This from the company:

What is Tycoon Cut?

The TYCOON CUT is a design of a diamond that was created in 1999 by the two Toros Kejejian cousins. The design holds four international patents. The TYCOON CUT is a simple design with 9 crown facets and 20 step-cut pavilion facets. The cuts has a signature diamond shaped table that has earned the trademark slogan: "THE ONLY DIAMOND WITH A DIAMOND TOP" The first rule in design is "less is more" and that is the magic of the TYCOON CUT. It is very simple design.

There are many new cuts available today in the market. Unlike some other cuts the uniqueness of the TYCOON CUT is that its visible to the naked eye. The TYCOON CUT design adds more fire and brilliance to the diamond. The step-cut pavilion design allows the color to show higher than actuality. The 9 crown facets design hides inclusion better than the traditional square table. The TYCOON CUT diamond is available in the following shapes: Rectangular, Tapered, Square, Trapezoid, Cut-corner. It is also available in a variety of gem stones: Blue, Pink, Yellow Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald.

Every TYCOON CUT diamond, 0.50 carat and larger, is serial numbered, GIA graded, and laser inscribed to ensure authenticity of the TYCOON CUT diamond. GIA was quick to recognize TYCOON CUT as a major contributor to the diamond industry. In 2003, the Kejejian cousins won the prestigious GIA League of Honor Award. The first TYCOON CUT diamond is on display in GIA's museum and a GIA classroom is named after the cut.

Did you loupe it?

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it, I love the unusual. It's white and beautiful, much nicer cut than the criss-cuts I've been ogling. There are two Tycoons on U.S. ebay, a .55 for $1,075 and a .63 in the UK for 2,395 GBP. This from the company:

What is Tycoon Cut?

The TYCOON CUT is a design of a diamond that was created in 1999 by the two Toros Kejejian cousins. The design holds four international patents. The TYCOON CUT is a simple design with 9 crown facets and 20 step-cut pavilion facets. The cuts has a signature diamond shaped table that has earned the trademark slogan: "THE ONLY DIAMOND WITH A DIAMOND TOP" The first rule in design is "less is more" and that is the magic of the TYCOON CUT. It is very simple design.

There are many new cuts available today in the market. Unlike some other cuts the uniqueness of the TYCOON CUT is that its visible to the naked eye. The TYCOON CUT design adds more fire and brilliance to the diamond. The step-cut pavilion design allows the color to show higher than actuality. The 9 crown facets design hides inclusion better than the traditional square table. The TYCOON CUT diamond is available in the following shapes: Rectangular, Tapered, Square, Trapezoid, Cut-corner. It is also available in a variety of gem stones: Blue, Pink, Yellow Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald.

Every TYCOON CUT diamond, 0.50 carat and larger, is serial numbered, GIA graded, and laser inscribed to ensure authenticity of the TYCOON CUT diamond. GIA was quick to recognize TYCOON CUT as a major contributor to the diamond industry. In 2003, the Kejejian cousins won the prestigious GIA League of Honor Award. The first TYCOON CUT diamond is on display in GIA's museum and a GIA classroom is named after the cut.

Did you loupe it?
Thanks, that's reassuring.

I did loupe it and I couldn't see an inscription. But then I have heard of other branded diamonds turning up loose without identifying inscriptions on the girdle. There were a couple of Tiffany legacy step cut cushions on James Allen a while ago and a crisscut on BN too, and none of them featured their brand on the girdle. I'm not sure what the reason for this would be, I did read somewhere on PS about reasons this can come about but I can't remember all the details.

This one I have found appears to have the 5 step pavilion and definitely has the diamond shaped table, so it seems to have all the characteristics of a Tycoon. But it may just be a generic cut to look like a Tycoon.

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure cuts are copied. I think what you have is exceptionally lovely. A true rectangle, judging by the v-prongs? And quoting a friend, "They don't put crap in platinum."
I think you must have been very good in a past life.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What about this one?

Ohhh...I just saw several beauties on their website. Thank you!

Wish I had my pendant in hand because there's one I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on. But I'm nervous to do it without seeing my new purchase first.

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
So I've posted them in three threads now but I'm excited :)
I really wanted tiny melee studs to change thing up a little :) tempImagej9Zqyh.png tempImagemINPte.png tempImage4bi2Nr.png

I really like them but please do advise me though like the first pair I bought that sparkled much less that some posters kindly advised me to return, if you think there is something off :), I won't mind :)
It's evening here so I can't post daylight pics :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Just bought a YG necklace from Fashionphile. I've needed a short-ish YG chain forever, so I'm holding my breath to see how I like this one when it arrives. I'm a David Yurman virgin -- never even tried anything of his on because I don't like silver (on me.) But this 18K gold one popped up on Fashionphile and it checks all the boxes of what I'm looking for.

I still need an antique RG chain too, but haven't found the right one yet!

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 5.14.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 5.14.30 PM.png

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've posted them in three threads now but I'm excited :)
I really wanted tiny melee studs to change thing up a little :) tempImagej9Zqyh.png tempImagemINPte.png tempImage4bi2Nr.png

I really like them but please do advise me though like the first pair I bought that sparkled much less that some posters kindly advised me to return, if you think there is something off :), I won't mind :)
It's evening here so I can't post daylight pics :)

I think they're really pretty! They look like they have a nice sparkle to them!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a daily wearer and the flower ring though provided massive finger coverage was not comfortable for everyday. So I converted to a pendant. 30th anniversary coming up so I'm working with DK on my new upgrade with pears! :dance:

IMG_20210917_004410__01.jpg IMG_20210917_004326.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results