shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
This is probably my first big purchase. I bought this for my mom who is turning 65 in 2 years' time.

It's a diamond tennis-style necklace with a small pendant in 22k gold. It's 3.5 carats of VVS1, E-F colour diamonds, Belgian cut. I haven't received the piece yet since I have requested for some customizations. I am having the bottom pendant removable, and a small hook added behind the central flower feature. I am also getting a ruby halo pendant made which can be hung from the hook. It gives her an option to wear the necklace sans pendant, with the small diamond pendant (hopefully will upgrade to a better, larger pendant in a couple of years), and a ruby pendant. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

2021-7-27 15.19.10.823.jpeg 2021-7-27 15.19.15.150.jpeg

Sorry about the pic quality. It def looks a lot less yellow and more sparkly white in person.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Received a beautiful (IMO) sapphire ring yesterday. 18K yellow gold and tiny diamonds. The stone is heated 1.1ct sapphire from Sri Lanka (Ceylon). I took some pictures quickly, 2 toddlers walking around didn't allow me to check the stone under artificial lights and take more pictures. It is now with my daughter who is going to visit her favorite jeweler and make the prongs adjusted. Then she would be encouraged to wear the ring often. On the day my older granddaughter reaches the age of 18 y.o. (September 2036), her favorite Aunt is going to give her this ring. Of course, my younger granddaughter will also have her own ring with blue sapphire! Jeff White is going to cut it for her. Slightly rectangular cushion, cornflower blue, 0.9-1.2ct.

Here is the vendor's video.
I regret not paying attention and not asking him to adjust the prongs. Now I have to pay my daughter's jeweler, but I also think in Sri Lanka they did a decent job. Good enough for me! My daughter said she also wanted the edges of the shank inside of the ring to be rounded. I know a little about jewelry, I just adore colored stones A LOT! And I LOVE receiving packages from Sri Lanka, they remind me of my childhood in the USSR in late 60th-early 70th of the last century. I keep all these adorable stamps in my collection :kiss2: , used to collect stamps as a child too.

IMG_6982.JPG IMG_6983 (2).JPG IMG_6986 (2).JPG IMG_6987 (2).JPG IMG_6994 (2).JPG IMG_6995 (2).JPG IMG_7000 (2).JPG IMG_7005 (2).JPG IMG_7007 (2).JPG IMG_7007 (2).JPG IMG_7008 (2).JPG

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
This is probably my first big purchase. I bought this for my mom who is turning 65 in 2 years' time.

It's a diamond tennis-style necklace with a small pendant in 22k gold. It's 3.5 carats of VVS1, E-F colour diamonds, Belgian cut. I haven't received the piece yet since I have requested for some customizations. I am having the bottom pendant removable, and a small hook added behind the central flower feature. I am also getting a ruby halo pendant made which can be hung from the hook. It gives her an option to wear the necklace sans pendant, with the small diamond pendant (hopefully will upgrade to a better, larger pendant in a couple of years), and a ruby pendant. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

2021-7-27 15.19.10.823.jpeg 2021-7-27 15.19.15.150.jpeg

Sorry about the pic quality. It def looks a lot less yellow and more sparkly white in person.

How pretty. Is there significance to the pendant design?

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Received a beautiful (IMO) sapphire ring yesterday. 18K yellow gold and tiny diamonds. The stone is heated 1.1ct sapphire from Sri Lanka (Ceylon). I took some pictures quickly, 2 toddlers walking around didn't allow me to check the stone under artificial lights and take more pictures. It is now with my daughter who is going to visit her favorite jeweler and make the prongs adjusted. Then she would be encouraged to wear the ring often. On the day my older granddaughter reaches the age of 18 y.o. (September 2036), her favorite Aunt is going to give her this ring. Of course, my younger granddaughter will also have her own ring with blue sapphire! Jeff White is going to cut it for her. Slightly rectangular cushion, cornflower blue, 0.9-1.2ct.

I regret not paying attention and not asking him to adjust the prongs. Now I have to pay my daughter's jeweler, but I also think in Sri Lanka they did a decent job. Good enough for me! My daughter said she also wanted the edges of the shank inside of the ring to be rounded. I know a little about jewelry, I just adore colored stones A LOT! And I LOVE receiving packages from Sri Lanka, they remind me of my childhood in the USSR in late 60th-early 70th of the last century. I keep all these adorable stamps in my collection :kiss2: , used to collect stamps as a child too.

IMG_6982.JPG IMG_6983 (2).JPG IMG_6986 (2).JPG IMG_6987 (2).JPG IMG_6994 (2).JPG IMG_6995 (2).JPG IMG_7000 (2).JPG IMG_7005 (2).JPG IMG_7007 (2).JPG IMG_7007 (2).JPG IMG_7008 (2).JPG

Nice blue.

Not sure my kids even understand what a stamp is!

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
How pretty. Is there significance to the pendant design?

Thank you. The one the necklace comes with? I don't think so. It just seems to be design for the sake of design.. That's why it's the least fav of the options. Hopefully, in a couple of years, will be able to buy a nicer, more substantial pendant.

Since you bring up the pendant, one of the things me and my sister were discussing is to get a diamond pendant in a design called 'attigai.' It's a south indian traditional pendant design and usually worn as a pendant to a choker but it can be worn on a reg. diamond necklace too.

Last edited:

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Small pin. I intended to use them as lapel pin on suit or as brooch on shirts.
From a local jeweller. They also crafted a brooch worn by Queen E.

41D43F72-43A2-4EDC-A5B5-B26F66C5EF49.jpeg

I really like the Queen's Peranakan Singapore brooch. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

Now, onto your brooches - they look very nice! Do you wear them together or one at a time?

bananabrains

Rough_Rock

What a dreamy color! I just love the ring! And the packaging, with the wax seals and stamps! Cool!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
What a dreamy color! I just love the ring! And the packaging, with the wax seals and stamps! Cool!

Everything was packed with the greatest care! Exactly what my Grandfather or Father in Law would do if they decided to send something valuable from Ukraine to the US :kiss2: The handmade box even has 2 little vents on each side for the goodies to breathe! IMG_7030 (2).JPG IMG_7028 (2).JPG

Last edited:

JustinL

Rough_Rock
Hi @worldtraveler101 thank you :)
Recently I went to my friend’s wedding. I wear the rabbit as a lapel pin alone. Somehow I did put two pieces together but it don’t seems matching. And they are in different gold colour. The rabbit is in rose while the other is in yellow gold.

I really like the Queen's Peranakan Singapore brooch. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

Now, onto your brooches - they look very nice! Do you wear them together or one at a time?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I was trying to only finish up pending projects. But I saw these and thought on them for about a week. Hopefully they are pretty earrings in person. Price was reasonable for what they are. I couldn't make them for less.

1627655127609.jpg

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Hi @worldtraveler101 thank you :)
Recently I went to my friend’s wedding. I wear the rabbit as a lapel pin alone. Somehow I did put two pieces together but it don’t seems matching. And they are in different gold colour. The rabbit is in rose while the other is in yellow gold.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I quite liked them together .. but I'm sure you would know better looking at them in real life. Either way - on their own or together - they look very nice!

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
I am excited to share my PS journey... it began with a photo a legendary PSer, asscher_girl, posted (that ended up on Pinterest) and the antique wedding band (eternity, round cuts) she found, lost to another, and then was able to purchase for herself. The design was extraordinary. At the same time, I had been unhappy with the style of my wedding band - (12) .25ct princess cut diamonds in a plain, platinum channel setting. It did not compliment my bespoke Radiant center stone e-ring. I knew when I saw the her photo, I had to find a craftsman that could adapt the vintage design for me.

Enter VERSTOLO... known for their redesigns (as well as premium diamond rentals for weddings and special occasions). I had been following them on Instagram and was impressed with the talent of their bench jewelers and the video detailing of multiple before-and-after pieces. I sent them a photo of the original antique ring. Lauren of Verstolo responded and then provided a sketch from one of their craftsman. After two Facetime calls, I approved it and within a few weeks I had my own bespoke wedding band that gives me joy every day along with my e-ring. PS1_Original Inspiration - asscher_girl.jpg PS_2A_Original Band.JPG PS_2B_Original Band.JPG PS_3_My New Vintage Wedding Band.JPG PS_4_E-ring and new wedding band.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results