shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

weemie

Shiny_Rock
So I'm just going to post this here, and will start a proper thread for it when it's set.

Firstly, a short Youtube video:

And just one photo: my 4.05ct H VS1 ACA, which arrived today, in a spring clasp holder -

20210602_122221.jpg

I ummed and ahhed about this before I bought it. Going from an F to an H was a big step. But the VS2 nature of my previous 3.05ct F VS2 ACA had come to really bother me, and the 3.4ct H VS1 I owned a while back had never been a problem for tint.

So I took a punt and hoped and....it's gorgeous! The size is perfect and I won't want to go up any more from here. (Yes - I hear you all on this - DSS and all that. But remember, I used to own a 5+ ct diamond a while back and it was too big for my taste.). It's stunningly clean, and it has markedly less tint than the I colored ACA I owned previously. So I think this is *it* for me.

Thank you, WhiteFlash - your reputation in this household remains perfect and untarnished!

Oh mo Dhia that stone is amazing!!! There’s no colour concerns there, it’s so pretty!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b wowsers!! Did your fingers shrink because that is one big, humongous beautiful diamond. It looks perfectly proportioned on your hand. Congratulations, I can’t wait to see it set.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm just going to post this here, and will start a proper thread for it when it's set.

And just one photo: my 4.05ct H VS1 ACA, which arrived today, in a spring clasp holder -

20210602_122221.jpg

I ummed and ahhed about this before I bought it. Going from an F to an H was a big step. But the VS2 nature of my previous 3.05ct F VS2 ACA had come to really bother me, and the 3.4ct H VS1 I owned a while back had never been a problem for tint.

So I took a punt and hoped and....it's gorgeous! The size is perfect and I won't want to go up any more from here. (Yes - I hear you all on this - DSS and all that. But remember, I used to own a 5+ ct diamond a while back and it was too big for my taste.). It's stunningly clean, and it has markedly less tint than the I colored ACA I owned previously. So I think this is *it* for me.

Thank you, WhiteFlash - your reputation in this household remains perfect and untarnished!

Wow, it's absolutely perfect!!!! I think you nailed it this time! I wouldn't let this one go!!! Congratulations and I can hardly wait to see it set!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @LLJsmom, @lulu_ma, @JPie, @MamaBee, @bling_dream19, @123ducklings, @Mlh, @bludiva, @Slick1, @rcjtraveler, @carbonfan, @canuk-gal, @WDWDiamond, @weemie, @Sparkles8 and @diamondseeker2006!

I'm so glad you all like my new choice - I think she's spectacular! All reservations disappeared in the first split second of opening the box!

I'm still going back and forth re CADs for the setting, and it's giving me a major headache. I really want to get this right - but it's exhausting. I want a setting as good as the diamond, and that's a lot to ask!

Fingers crossed.....and thank you all again for your kind comments!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
What a truly beautiful diamond @mrs-b. She is a keeper for sure.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 and @Dandi -

Thank you for sharing in my excitement! I'm wondering whether I should post photos of it when it arrives, or whether if you've seen one unset diamond, you've seen them all. Thoughts?

I'm very exicted, but I don't want to be annoying about this and, honestly, a unset diamond really is like any other. I'm going back and forth on it....

You are not annoying!! We want pictures!! :) EDIT: just saw the video—WOW is that a white diamond!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20210602_122221.jpg

So Beautiful !!! I love it on you it’s perfect :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @HollyC, @KristinTech and @Vanilla Bling ::)

I think it's absolutely perfect - and, more than that - perfect for *me*.

@LLJsmom - what do you think of this color? I should tell you - the room where I took the photo and made the video is greige - which the stone picked up. So in real life, it's a tiny bit whiter. Personally, I think it's definitely white enough. I can't make out any significant sideways tint, so I won't be choosing a setting specifically picked to disguise tint - for which I'm grateful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I thought you were going to have Whiteflash mail it directly to David. Are you going to mail it to him? :shock:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@LLJsmom - what do you think of this color? I should tell you - the room where I took the photo and made the video is greige - which the stone picked up. So in real life, it's a tiny bit whiter. Personally, I think it's definitely white enough. I can't make out any significant sideways tint, so I won't be choosing a setting specifically picked to disguise tint - for which I'm grateful!

Hi @mrs-b, your stone is just beautiful. I'm so happy for you. I really like the color. It's a very pretty white, and once set will be even whiter. It's not warm and I don't see any yellow. It's milky white. Reminds me of watered down milk, like sometimes when I add ice to my milk. What color metal will you be using?

By the time you see this post it will probably be the next day. Please tell us your thoughts.

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh mo Dhia that stone is amazing!!! There’s no colour concerns there, it’s so pretty!!
[/QUOTE

The color is perfect and it really is a beautiful ring that looks so nice on you! Enjoy:)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20210602_122221.jpg

WOW. Just wow!!!! She is soooooo BEAUTIFUL and huge!! :kiss2: Thank you for posting!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
BIG and BEAUTIFUL and absolutely PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!

This is definitely a keeper. I can hardly wait to see how you set her. :kiss2::kiss2:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20210602_122221.jpg

Omg. Beautiful! Congratulations on this perfect diamond. I can't wait to see it set.

Bishbunch

Rough_Rock
So stunning, @mrs-b! I look forward to seeing it set. Just amazing!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b Your new diamond is gorgeous!!! What settings are you considering for it? Curious on your experience/thoughts between F and H, as well as what bothered you about VS2?

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
@icy_jade I love the rose-like spiraling petal motif on that pendant. Very pretty.

@mrs-b Fantastic ACA diamond. What arrows it has! :mrgreen: I have both an H VS1 and an H VS2. I understand what you mean about the better clarity. VS1's just extra special and comforting for me somehow (though VS2s are beautiful and completely fine in their own right). For me, as well, H is the point a stone looks consistently white across settings. Hope you have some fun with processing ideas for a setting.

@Vanilla Bling Happy belated Mother's Day. I like the gold bezels on the bracelet a lot. Hope it arrives soon and brings a smile to your face.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Your new diamond is gorgeous!!! What settings are you considering for it? Curious on your experience/thoughts between F and H, as well as what bothered you about VS2?

Hi @MRBXXXFVVS1 -

Firstly, the H isn't bothering me at all - which was the same as with the 3.4ct H VS1 I owned a few years back. Milky white - but no yellow.

But the CLARITY....oh! - what a relief! I could see inclusions in the VS2. Could anyone else? Probably not. If they were experienced with diamonds and knew where to look and got close enough? Probably. But in macro photography? I saw them Every. Single.Time.

People disagree with me on this, but I truly believe that clarity affects light performance. A clean stone, as far as I'm concerned, performs better, and logically, I don't see how that could NOT be true. Having this beautiful VS1 (and it's a very clean VS1) is both mind clean and eye clean for me, and the twinkle runs from side to side.

Apparently there is a cloud and a crystal in it, which gives it its VS1 grading. But they're minute and I can't find them. The cloud is a tiny, tiny dot and transparent, and the crystal is white and invisible to my eye. And there's nothing directly under the table. Hugely happy with this diamond!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @mrs-b, your stone is just beautiful. I'm so happy for you. I really like the color. It's a very pretty white, and once set will be even whiter. It's not warm and I don't see any yellow. It's milky white. Reminds me of watered down milk, like sometimes when I add ice to my milk. What color metal will you be using?

By the time you see this post it will probably be the next day. Please tell us your thoughts.

Hey there, @LLJsmom -

I'm using a mix of platinum and 18kt yellow. Prongs will be platinum, along with some decorative details. Shank will be yellow, as will the donut.

I completely agree with you re the color - iced milk! No yellow, tho, and no brown. It's 'softer', rather than 'warmer', y'know? And I really like that. It's markedly and noticeably whiter than the I that I owned briefly and which was too warm for me, but white enough to have avoided the dreaded sideways tint.

I'm hoping this will go into production next week.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hey there, @LLJsmom -

I'm using a mix of platinum and 18kt yellow. Prongs will be platinum, along with some decorative details. Shank will be yellow, as will the donut.

I completely agree with you re the color - iced milk! No yellow, tho, and no brown. It's 'softer', rather than 'warmer', y'know? And I really like that. It's markedly and noticeably whiter than the I that I owned briefly and which was too warm for me, but white enough to have avoided the dreaded sideways tint.

I'm hoping this will go into production next week.

Curious @mrs-b - are you working with DK? Excited to see what you settle on for the design.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results