shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is very similar to what I'm considering - only much smaller! My rounds would only be 1.92ctw. For that reason, I'm not sure it's worth it. I do think it would be lovely tho, so I'm undecided.

I'm working on a pair of J hoops also! 18 x 26/27 pointers - all E colored and ideal specs, individually certed. I currently have 15. I also have a bunch of 20 point stones, so I might pivot and do them in 20 pointers. They're not set until they're set! I think J settings keep the weight down, as you don't have to include a metal hinge.

Sounds like our project lists are almost identical!

:wavey:

@mrs-b if you don’t mind sharing, where have you been souring your ideal cut melee.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I assume you saw the one Dolly posted on IG with the one rose gold/pink side and the other white.... so pretty.

No. I hadn't seen it. Thanks for letting me know. It's nice to have a few more inspiration photos as I haven't found many similar to this design.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha! Well hell, I don't know what the professional term is. Ha ha e5f84e5f1bb15f8fe6325147435d28e7.png I saw this design and modified it For my stones. Maybe it's just another regular 'bypass ring'8-)

Love it - if not a bypass, it’s an overpass !

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I need to really stop looking at Ivy and Rose after a 60 -65 hour work weeks, being exhausted and looking at bling means I buy bling.

Its a late OEC-Tranny 1.29 carat 8 mm M with slight peachy tones in a unplanted 14k white gold setting. Not sure that’s it’s forever setting, but I do like the tab prongs.

103B9A02-DCF3-4B2F-A6F3-EDCE12EDE676.jpeg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to really stop looking at Ivy and Rose after a 60 -65 hour work weeks, being exhausted and looking at bling means I buy bling.

Its a late OEC-Tranny 1.29 carat 8 mm M with slight peachy tones in a unplanted 14k white gold setting. Not sure that’s it’s forever setting, but I do like the tab prongs.

Yes. Yes. Yes. So true. Too funny. When DH sees me looking at gems his question is "what you buy now!!??". My reply is always "nothing, I'm just looking". The he says " yeah right:devil:"

I am always totally busted. Then weeks later I have another gem or piece in my possession.

I just can't 'window' shop diamonds!!
8)
--
Btw @caolsen , that's a Beautiful 8mm transitional OEC :love:.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought my fourth 1/4 ct colorless pear diamond to add to my necklace project. Working on a 19" white gold necklace. Nothing else to report - this will take a while - at least a year or two. Thinking I might do it in stages as I collect the diamonds. We'll see. Plenty to keep me occupied in the meantime (soli re-set, new cluster, new gypsy ring).

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I love this!! I’m also wondering how a 1.29 is 8mm?! That’s a spready stone!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I've finally decided to upgrade. I'm pulling apart my three stone and going back to a solitaire.

This will be my new center stone:

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.06.18 PM.png

Interestingly enough, Brittany, who has gone back and forth with me on this for over a year, is currently away from WF on maternity leave. As a result, after all the work Brittany put into this with me, I'll actually be pulling the trigger with the lovely Michelle! Sorry Brittany! Your help, however, was invaluable!

<3

:appl::dance::clap:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

Me too, but I’ve never been disappointed by Ivy and Rose’s descriptions. given it’s a tranny, leaning towards OEC from the facet pattern, guessing it’s really shallow compared to a modern round.

Me too, but I’ve never been disappointed by Ivy and Rose’s descriptions. given it’s a tranny, leaning towards OEC from the facet pattern, guessing it’s really shallow compared to a modern round.

I bought a 1.60ish OEC that was almost 8mm with a depth of 56%. I'm so curious how shallow this 1.29 must be...

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Sweet! Agree with your assessment of InR.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AnastasiaBeaverhausen @caolsen @Mreader

I spotted this ring when they first posted it. Is it possible the 8mm is the diameter across for the ring and not just the diamond? It’s a shallow and spread cut but I don’t think it’s an 8mm 1.29.

Of course I could be way off base, just thinking out loud. Either way I’m excited to see when you get it @caolsen :appl:

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen @caolsen @Mreader

I spotted this ring when they first posted it. Is it possible the 8mm is the diameter across for the ring and not just the diamond? It’s a shallow and spread cut but I don’t think it’s an 8mm 1.29.

Of course I could be way off base, just thinking out loud. Either way I’m excited to see when you get it @caolsen :appl:

Ahhhh that would make sense. But yes, either way, the ring looks lovely and I hope it looks even better in person!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I've taken a bit of a jewelry break since adding my Deco Beauty to my collection last summer.

46390.jpeg

It's been so hard!! There are some Big Items on my Wishlist for sure; at the top are an Original Art Deco diamond necklace and/or Riviere necklace and an antique yellow diamond pear (likely a ring...) I recently passed one up bc the setting was so similar to my Ezmerelda, but it was lovely and a great deal!! So hard..... but whenever I get frustrated or discouraged, I take a look at my Deco Beauty and remember that she is totally worth it!!! <3

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results