shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I went to WF today....

I looked at an ACA to see if it matches a CBI that I already own.

It does! So I'm buying it! The two diamonds will form my new, upgraded stud earrings.

Here are some images of my new acquisition. (Well, I'm doing the installment plan, so technically it will be mine in 3 month's time after the last payment....)

The diamonds are a "weird" size, so it was fortuitous that there happened to be two available that matched, even if they were at different vendors.

I'm not going to post any more details until I have them on my ears!

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.41.04 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.40.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.40.57 PM.png
    569.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.40.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.40.51 PM.png
    532 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.40.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.40.43 PM.png
    596.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I went to WF today....

I looked at an ACA to see if it matches a CBI that I already own.

It does! So I'm buying it! The two diamonds will form my new, upgraded stud earrings.

Here are some images of my new acquisition. (Well, I'm doing the installment plan, so technically it will be mine in 3 month's time after the last payment....)

The diamonds are a "weird" size, so it was fortuitous that there happened to be two available that matched, even if they were at different vendors.

I'm not going to post any more details until I have them on my ears!

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.41.04 PM.png

I just love your approach to your collection, @RunningwithScissors ! No compromises, exactly what you want, even if it takes time, and the resulting diamond perfection and happiness!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
~waiting on purchase confirmation on a total impulse buy-

Found a 2cttw 7 stone French cut band that has old stones but new setting -so no rehab needed- and a size that fits.

Delays setting plans for peach sapphire a bit - but that’s ok
:)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
~waiting on purchase confirmation on a total impulse buy-

Found a 2cttw 7 stone French cut band that has old stones but new setting -so no rehab needed- and a size that fits.

Delays setting plans for peach sapphire a bit - but that’s ok

Omg I know exactly which ring this is! I was lusting over this for days.

I was even tempted by it and was contemplating delaying my sapphire setting project! Glad you helped set me straight and prevented my husband from having a small heart attack. :lol: You good samaritan, you!

Soooooo excited to see it!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I know exactly which ring this is! I was lusting over this for days.

I was even tempted by it and was contemplating delaying my sapphire setting project! Glad you helped set me straight and prevented my husband from having a small heart attack. :lol: You good samaritan, you!

Soooooo excited to see it!

I’ll accept being a Good Samaritan-
That’s funny! :)
But I was mistaken, and they are not antique cuts - they are newly cut.
It’s from Rozental, is that the one you were thinking about?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’ll accept being a Good Samaritan-
That’s funny! :)
But I was mistaken, and they are not antique cuts - they are newly cut.
It’s from Rozental, is that the one you were thinking about?

Haha! Yes it is! I didn’t realize they were new cuts - they fooled me!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very exciting!! Can’t wait to see the ear shots in the coming months!
Will you set them in a six-prong basket setting, or do you have other plans...?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting!! Can’t wait to see the ear shots in the coming months!
Will you set them in a six-prong basket setting, or do you have other plans...?

Hey there KristinTech!

I am a fan of super minimalist, three prong martini settings in platinum. Those settings bother some folks' ear holes, but they have always felt completely comfortable on me. I think its because I don't sleep or shower in my jewelry.

The other setting I'm thinking about is also considered martini, however, it has more of a soft, rounded bottom. Its cup-shape looks like a flower (its still martini though and not a basket.) I've only ever seen that setting once, in a local b&m jewelry store, so I don't know if it is a custom job or a stock item. I need to go back and try it on -- I guess I'll have to pretend to still be looking for studs!

Thanks for asking lady!

I hope you are getting lots of enjoyment out of your beautiful CBI ring!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Obviously the prongs were in terrible shape - those that held the moonstone and a few of the diamonds were precariously holding on for dear life - it is amazing they hadn't fallen out. I contacted Sako after reading about some of his other work from my lovely Pricescope family and seeing he and his father The Gem Doctor did fabulous restoration work on Instagram for antique pieces. I asked for a conversion to a ring but not really knowing what I was after except to retain as much of the original personality as possible. To my suprise Sako emailed me the piece was Rose gold even though it had been completely blackened by time and the Moonstone was backed in a thin gold sheet. I don't have any rose gold as I don't think it flatters my complexion but asked him to make the piece whole in the way he thought was best and to blacken the top for me since I had fallen in love with her that way. The results are amazing. I am officially calling him a Jewelry Wizard because he somehow made her more beautiful than before. To say I am happy is an understatement. Now for what you really want - gobs of photos! thumbnail (86).jpg thumbnail (85).jpg thumbnail (84).jpg thumbnail (83).jpg

The moonstone is so lovely but I also adore the background in your last picture. Fresh flowers? Matching silver (gold?)ware and plate settings? Looks gorgeous!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey there KristinTech!

I am a fan of super minimalist, three prong martini settings in platinum. Those settings bother some folks' ear holes, but they have always felt completely comfortable on me. I think its because I don't sleep or shower in my jewelry.

The other setting I'm thinking about is also considered martini, however, it has more of a soft, rounded bottom. Its cup-shape looks like a flower (its still martini though and not a basket.) I've only ever seen that setting once, in a local b&m jewelry store, so I don't know if it is a custom job or a stock item. I need to go back and try it on -- I guess I'll have to pretend to still be looking for studs!

Thanks for asking lady!

I hope you are getting lots of enjoyment out of your beautiful CBI ring!

Oh, the CBI has not left my finger since I got it last summer! It’s just perfect. So perfect that I won’t entertain the idea of buying any rings right now—not even on the wish list!

Now, on to my next big thing.... studs! So, I love a good studs thread and this is really exciting that you’ve found a match! I peruse the WF site a lot, dreaming up different scenarios. The reality is that I have very small lobes! So there will be no Kanye-sized studs for me. ;-) And so I keep looking at the bangle, the huggies... I keep thinking of what I can actually wear most often. I don’t attend gallery openings... I run the raffle at the high school choir and band concerts (pre-covid!). But that lighting is similar... ;-)

On my hand I want an E or F diamond... but on my ears I can go lower, since the contrast with my rosacea makes just about anything look white. I need my own trip to WF to play around with the inventory!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the CBI has not left my finger since I got it last summer! It’s just perfect. So perfect that I won’t entertain the idea of buying any rings right now—not even on the wish list!

Now, on to my next big thing.... studs! So, I love a good studs thread and this is really exciting that you’ve found a match! I peruse the WF site a lot, dreaming up different scenarios. The reality is that I have very small lobes! So there will be no Kanye-sized studs for me. ;-) And so I keep looking at the bangle, the huggies... I keep thinking of what I can actually wear most often. I don’t attend gallery openings... I run the raffle at the high school choir and band concerts (pre-covid!). But that lighting is similar... ;-)

On my hand I want an E or F diamond... but on my ears I can go lower, since the contrast with my rosacea makes just about anything look white. I need my own trip to WF to play around with the inventory!

Your ring is perfect, no wonder it doesn't leave your finger!

I hear you about perusing the WF website...so many lovelies. Post-Covid, if you decide to make a trip down here to Houston to see them in person, let me know!

I look forward to seeing what you select for your next purchase. A big part of the fun is the planning and weighing of options, daydreaming about each one. It may sound goofy, but I even find that having a savings goal can be gratifying, makes me appreciate each item more.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
arrived earlier than expected :love:
C6311878-17F2-4E6C-9E46-18DAA5A9E087.jpeg 654BBA73-0AA1-4433-817B-306A0F1FD85F.jpeg 15281FF6-E964-407D-B03D-737B1F624C0E.jpeg

:love: Uaagh! LOVE those french cuts! Also, where did you find a two tone orange blossom band? I don't know if I've ever seen one and I think it's smashing!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummm!!! More pics pls
Will do!
Yours too, m’dear :love:

:love: Uaagh! LOVE those french cuts! Also, where did you find a two tone orange blossom band? I don't know if I've ever seen one and I think it's smashing!
Thank you :)
It’s actually a repro from DK. The super utterly smashing original vintage ArtCarved one a PS’er owns, and its beyond gorgeous.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
arrived earlier than expected :love:
C6311878-17F2-4E6C-9E46-18DAA5A9E087.jpeg 654BBA73-0AA1-4433-817B-306A0F1FD85F.jpeg 15281FF6-E964-407D-B03D-737B1F624C0E.jpeg

Hooray! for newer cuts they looks positively authentic, those puffy crowns! Can we get a perspective shot? I feel like that size is perfect, great finger coverage, you can tell the stones are FCs, and it can stand alone but plays well with others.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply, incredibly gorgeous @Rfisher ! You have a beautiful collection and this one is a fab addition.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Stand alone and stacks well - spot on assessment
398CEF23-2F23-456B-9740-68DAA77906D5.jpeg

:shock: You're cruel putting my holy grail with french cuts in your avatar! Just cruel.
My heart can't take it. I might cry from the beauty.:love::love:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: You're cruel putting my holy grail with french cuts in your avatar! Just cruel.
My heart can't take it. I might cry from the beauty.:love::love:

I love your avatar stack, too!!!
Your ouroboros slays me :love:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is perfect, no wonder it doesn't leave your finger!

I hear you about perusing the WF website...so many lovelies. Post-Covid, if you decide to make a trip down here to Houston to see them in person, let me know!

I look forward to seeing what you select for your next purchase. A big part of the fun is the planning and weighing of options, daydreaming about each one. It may sound goofy, but I even find that having a savings goal can be gratifying, makes me appreciate each item more.

My husband flies to Austin a couple of times a year for his job... I’ve always told him I’m going to tag along one of these days. Travel has not really resumed for his company yet unless absolutely necessary. Is that a 2-3 hour drive? I’ve been to Austin a couple of times, but never Houston!
Today, at this moment, here is my plan—I currently have 1.01 ctw G studs. I think I will sell my current stud diamonds and buy superideals to go in the current settings for the time being. The plan would be to upgrade to my final size—1.6-1.90 ctw (I really do have small lobes!) in the next year or so.
Another idea would be to buy low color NOW in my ultimate size and upgrade color in the future. But I have questions about color tolerance, so my first choice seems like the smarter choice for now. I really want that superideal sparkle on my ears! I don’t even know if WF or HPD (or any jeweler) would agree to use an old setting...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results