shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at EC diamond bands last weekend. Just researching for the future. I have a wishlist for a set of core jewelry pieces to buy over time, one of which will be an upgraded wedding band/RHR.

Here is one we particularly liked. Each diamond is .45 cts and is an elongated EC. The elongated ECs looked better than the medium-length ones on my fingers. The diamonds aren't particularly well cut, but I loved the size! It complemented my CBI e-ring so perfectly!

@RunningwithScissors that is a beautiful band! Just curious - would you wear it separately as a wedding band and wear your solitaire alone on your left hand? I love when jewelry on both hands compliment one another and that look is gorgeous on you!

Nina-W

Shiny_Rock

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors that is a beautiful band! Just curious - would you wear it separately as a wedding band and wear your solitaire alone on your left hand? I love when jewelry on both hands compliment one another and that look is gorgeous on you!

Thank you! (You know I really admire your taste!)

Currently I wear my e-ring alone on my left hand. I prefer having one stand-alone ring on a hand. I'm a minimalist and don't stack.

So, I'd wear this 7 stone emerald cut on my right hand, as a wedding ring. It would do double duty as a wedding ring / right hand ring.

I've lived back and forth between the US and overseas most of my life, so I'm not really accustomed to having a designated wedding ring hand (either right or left since the customs vary).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Currently I wear my e-ring alone on my left hand. I prefer having one stand-alone ring on a hand. I'm a minimalist and don't stack.

So, I'd wear this 7 stone emerald cut on my right hand, as a wedding ring. It would do double duty as a wedding ring / right hand ring.

I've lived back and forth between the US and overseas most of my life, so I'm not really accustomed to having a designated wedding ring hand (either right or left since the customs vary).

Well, then I think you have hit perfect with the emerald cut band! I think it balances your left hand diamond ring perfectly. Different look but it doesn't compete and I love that!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

@RunningwithScissors, I know what you mean - when my hubby and I went to ID Jewelers yesterday, I tried on a few eternity bands, but they all felt strange with my solitaire and I liked them better as stand alone right hand rings. My hubby greatly preferred that look as well. Anyway, the next purchase on my list would be a tennis bracelet! I have to figure out what I want there!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors, I know what you mean - when my hubby and I went to ID Jewelers yesterday, I tried on a few eternity bands, but they all felt strange with my solitaire and I liked them better as stand alone right hand rings. My hubby greatly preferred that look as well. Anyway, the next purchase on my list would be a tennis bracelet! I have to figure out what I want there!

Yes! My husband thinks they look great as a right hand ring too!

Regarding tennis bracelets: I bought a few different size CZ tennis bracelets from Ross Simons to try. I returned all but one that was closest one to what I think I want. I've been wearing that CZ bracelet around the house for the past few months to really test not only how I like the size but how I like wearing a tennis bracelet in general. It has really helped!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

Regarding tennis bracelets: I bought a few different size CZ tennis bracelets from Ross Simons to try. I returned all but one that was closest one to what I think I want. I've been wearing that CZ bracelet around the house for the past few months to really test not only how I like the size but how I like wearing a tennis bracelet in general. It has really helped!

That's a really good idea!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

It is mine, my aqua :D! Arrives tomorrow. 4.31ct and 11.25 x 8.08 mm, so far the biggest stone in my modest collection. Considering gorgeous pendant but won't be able to start the project in the nearest future :(sad
BYL145.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is mine, my aqua :D! Arrives tomorrow. 4.31ct and 11.25 x 8.08 mm, so far the biggest stone in my modest collection. Considering gorgeous pendant but won't be able to start the project in the nearest future :(sad
BYL145.jpg

Amazing!!! What designs are you thinking?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

BYL145.jpg

gorg! :kiss2: what a vibrant blue!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at EC diamond bands last weekend. Just researching for the future. I have a wishlist for a set of core jewelry pieces to buy over time, one of which will be an upgraded wedding band/RHR.

Here is one we particularly liked. Each diamond is .45 cts and is an elongated EC. The elongated ECs looked better than the medium-length ones on my fingers. The diamonds aren't particularly well cut, but I loved the size! It complemented my CBI e-ring so perfectly!

@RunningwithScissors - Can I ask you the size of your solitaire (finger size I mean)? I know you opted for a CBI around 2.5 right? And you haven't started a thread on it but I've seen glimpses of it "in the neighborhood". :lol: It looks fabulous and I am trying to get an idea of some real life videos of high color CBIs, set and on the hand. Could we convince you to do a thread with videos? Pretty please with lots of sugar???:lickout:

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hi @LLJsmom :wavey:

There used to be a thread on "Dainty," my CBI, on Show Me The Bling, however it looks like it is no longer there. I don't know why!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm happy to answer your questions.

My finger size is 4.5. Dainty is a 2.56 ct D VS1.

Here are three videos showing how it performs in different lights:

This first one shows a lot of fire, but it comes towards the end of the video. This is under yellow-y overhead lights in a pub:

In natural daylight in my car:

Inside my house on an overcast day, only dim, natural daylight:

Hope this is helpful.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

There used to be a thread on "Dainty," my CBI, on Show Me The Bling, however it looks like it is no longer there. I don't know why!

This first one shows a lot of fire, but it comes towards the end of the video. This is under yellow-y overhead lights in a pub:

Hope this is helpful.

Your diamond is so gorgeous! I was excited to see that it is 2.56 because I may have to go to that size. It looks huge on you. My finger is a 6.5...I’m jealous of your tiny finger! A vs1 D is a dream. It’s so beautiful!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond is so gorgeous! I was excited to see that it is 2.56 because I may have to go to that size. It looks huge on you. My finger is a 6.5...I’m jealous of your tiny finger! A vs1 D is a dream. It’s so beautiful!

Thanks MamaBee! I'm super happy with her. CBIs and other super ideals appear larger to my eyes than what one would expect for the carat weight. Crazy sparkles!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just Received a vintage Carter Trinity for my DH. I'm so excited. It's his birthday on Sunday. He's always liked that ring (it's his parents' wedding band - it's generally worn as a unisex WB here). When he'd lost his original plat Cartier WB we'd looked into the Trinity, but no model felt right to him. Turns out he wanted the classic size his parents had, but they'd changed the wideness slightly.
I found the exact model he wanted in perfect condition from a reputable auction house and guaranteed authentic.
Only bummer it was only 30€ less than a new model. But it's the one he's always loved.

I'm excited what he's going to say on Sunday!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hope this is helpful.

@RunningwithScissors thank you kindly for the videos. This is very helpful. Your diamond is gorgeous, and it looks E-NOR-MOUS on your finger. I swear that it looks like it is at least 3 carats. I do attribute that to the edge to edge brightness that I observed as well. I think that aspect about super ideals in general do make a difference to the visual size to the eye. Generally speaking, they are cut to minimize leakage so that light reflection is maximized and the stone appears to be bigger. Are you enjoying the D? I never thought of myself as a "superseer". I thought everyone saw what I saw. I guess I thought that people just liked it, didn't mind, or could live with it, and prioritized other aspects. I am looking forward to a stone that looks bright (on switch on) everywhere. Btw, I think our conversation won't be derailing this thread cause I may be getting your little sister soon. I'm very excited, but I have difficulty visualizing a CBI D mounted and on the hand. It's lucky because I am a 4.5 too. I find the CBI videos just not helpful at all. They are all under the weird, gray lighting and they do no favors to the diamond. You videos are awesome. Thanks again. I really appreciate it. I am going to oogle your videos over and over.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can’t edit this but it’s very important for me to clarify that I’m a 6.25...not a 6.5...:bigsmile:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the tip - I am going to copy you!!!! Now! :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I can’t edit this but it’s very important for me to clarify that I’m a 6.25...not a 6.5...:bigsmile:

I'm sure your hands are gorgeous!

I fear I'm shrinking as I age. I've definitely noticed a loss of lean tissue in my hands and face. So much for the youthful healthy look. :( I'm turning into a bony old gal!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is with the jeweler for a check-up before she makes her way to me. I’ll probably have her next week. ~4.35 ctw, late Victorian, silver over 18K, and constructed in sections so there’s movement to the brooch. Pin stem is removable. I’ll probably wear it as a pendant and maybe in my hair if I can ever figure out how to style it myself. I’m terrible with hair.

Seller is Jewellery Trading Company, AKA @gems4eva on IG. She has been such a pleasure buying from! A wonderful class act.

FD2C9C4F-0E67-4F70-A5C6-0B2DCA5E2FE0.jpeg 25A3E63A-8928-4523-BB06-AEB77CD59521.jpeg 0AE9AAAA-9E2A-4496-A34B-0BE14EC9069B.jpeg
1F93DD7D-7481-4189-89B7-EB2C9DB7E870.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip - I am going to copy you!!!! Now! :)

And if you buy a good quality CZ bracelet, when mixed in with your real diamond jewelry, no one will guess its not real too! I often forget mine's not real!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
She is with the jeweler for a check-up before she makes her way to me. I’ll probably have her next week. ~4.35 ctw, late Victorian, silver over 18K, and constructed in sections so there’s movement to the brooch. Pin stem is removable. I’ll probably wear it as a pendant and maybe in my hair if I can ever figure out how to style it myself. I’m terrible with hair.

Seller is Jewellery Trading Company, AKA @gems4eva on IG. She has been such a pleasure buying from! A wonderful class act.

FD2C9C4F-0E67-4F70-A5C6-0B2DCA5E2FE0.jpeg 25A3E63A-8928-4523-BB06-AEB77CD59521.jpeg 0AE9AAAA-9E2A-4496-A34B-0BE14EC9069B.jpeg

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure your hands are gorgeous!

I fear I'm shrinking as I age. I've definitely noticed a loss of lean tissue in my hands and face. So much for the youthful healthy look. :( I'm turning into a bony old gal!

@RunningwithScissors My hands are old and wrinkly...They started looking bad when I was in my forties. I inherited them from my mom. They’re not pretty... I’m just grateful that they work!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow! That’s gorgeous @JPie! You have the most beautiful pieces! :kiss2:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

oh my goodness!! You lucky lucky girl!!! So glad it went to a PS’er!! I also enquired with Tracey about the brooch but the price was too rich for me. Do enjoy and post a gazillion pictures when you get it so I can live vicariously through you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results