shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be gorgeous! :kiss2:

Fingers firmly crossed!

I have deliberated long and hard about the setting, as it is my first JW stone to be set, and want to give it a setting that it deserves, and one that I can wear often and not just for special occasions.

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eldest daughter leaves Primary School next week, moving to Year 7 at High School in Sept. She's been amazing, has handled lockdown brilliantly, kept up with her school work & kept her spirits up amazingly. Her End of Year Report was, as always, far higher than is expected at her age & we couldn't be prouder of the gorgeous young woman she's becoming.

She has some jewellery, silver rings & studs etc, but she's a magpie & is always mooching in my jewellery, so Mr. T & I have bought her her first 'real' piece of jewellery - a sterling silver Tiffany Heart Tag necklace with her initial engraved on. It's beautiful & we can't wait to gift it to her after her school leaving party with her class. Exciting!

How thrilling for her! And what a wonderful achievement!!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
My eldest daughter leaves Primary School next week, moving to Year 7 at High School in Sept. She's been amazing, has handled lockdown brilliantly, kept up with her school work & kept her spirits up amazingly. Her End of Year Report was, as always, far higher than is expected at her age & we couldn't be prouder of the gorgeous young woman she's becoming.

She has some jewellery, silver rings & studs etc, but she's a magpie & is always mooching in my jewellery, so Mr. T & I have bought her her first 'real' piece of jewellery - a sterling silver Tiffany Heart Tag necklace with her initial engraved on. It's beautiful & we can't wait to gift it to her after her school leaving party with her class. Exciting!

I love this!!! We bought the same necklace for our younger daughter, but for the occasion of her older sister's bat mitzvah.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Design brief for my Jeff White's Rubellite Tourmaline has been sent to the bench, to be made after my diamond tennis bracelet, hopefully I should have it before the end of the year.

Screenshot_20200712-174150_Gmail.jpg

Your rubellite looks like a ruby on picture. Are you sure you are getting rubellite? What a great color!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rubellite looks like a ruby on picture. Are you sure you are getting rubellite? What a great color!

It would have cost a lot more had it been a Ruby! ;)2
I have it already, and one can also see it in Jeff's website in the sold gemstone gallery for Tourmaline.
And thanks!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Alex T that is just the sweetest thing! My girl is only 4 and I would never wish these years away, but I do look forward to buying her real jewellery one day! If she's interested, that is :roll:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T that is just the sweetest thing! My girl is only 4 and I would never wish these years away, but I do look forward to buying her real jewellery one day! If she's interested, that is :roll:

Having daughters is definitely a plus if you're into jewellery. Both of mine appreciate sparkly, pretty things, so I'm really excited for the times I can get them their own treasures.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
It would have cost a lot more had it been a Ruby! ;)2
I have it already, and one can also see it in Jeff's website in the sold gemstone gallery for Tourmaline.
And thanks!

I saw the rough and I loved the color a lot. My priority was a big blue aqua, and it was the only reason I didn't commission rubellite, my birthstone. I am jealous, the cut added a lot of color to the stone. Did you ask for round?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the rough and I loved the color a lot. My priority was a big blue aqua, and it was the only reason I didn't commission rubellite, my birthstone. I am jealous, the cut added a lot of color to the stone. Did you ask for round?

Hmmm, not sure if you were referring to the same stone/rough, as this Rubellite was cut in 2014, and I have never seen or posted the rough for this stone.

DK :confused:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, not sure if you were referring to the same stone/rough, as this Rubellite was cut in 2014, and I have never seen or posted the rough for this stone.

DK :confused:

Then I haven't seen that rough for your particular stone of course. But I believe the rough JW offered for our consideration recently may be from the same deposit, he wrote about it the following "In the late 1990s, an amazing deposit of ruby-red and intense pink rubellite tourmaline was discovered in Nigeria. It produced heavily and was mostly exhausted within a few years. I consider material from this specific find to be the "best of the best" in rubellite, and in my opinion, there has been nothing comparable since".

Maybe the deposit was the same, but the rough he did show us this time looks more like very intense, well saturated pink. I honestly thought that Jeff was able to cut your stone and you already have it on hand. That's why I was amazed with the color change from intense pink to the true ruby-red. Your stone is truly an amazing rubellite! Can't' wait to see the ring.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn’t want to make a purchase in view of the current times but still wanted a change and to feel like I have something new so I had a pair of diamond stud earrings repurposed and asked the jeweller to use the gold from the stems for the hooks adding anything extra needed. I also got an evil eye bracelet soldered onto my dbty chain to add length and a touch of quirkiness! Coincidentally the chain type on both was the same. I’m happy with the change and feel I’ll now wear them more ! B09028D4-3E92-44CF-8C46-9859116EF20A.jpeg FC46BCFA-2A7E-40B1-8E0D-3B9294BD3484.jpeg 9CD50C14-1F3A-4438-926B-08384330A1F8.jpeg 8B44E355-04EC-4726-A9D2-2F38910A0BA7.jpeg

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My new (to me) diamond necklace in 18k yellow gold. I converted the pendant from vertical to horizontal. Really pleased with how it turned out.

Original picture from seller.

Screenshot_20200709-200549~2.png

Now converted to a horizontal diamond bar necklace.

15943470135310.jpg
Love this!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Musia I re-visited Jeff's recent Gem Scoop with regard to roughs for cutting, got you now.

However, on the page, it says the roughs on offer were newly acquired, so I don't know if mine was from the same deposit or not.

I checked my thread about this and another stone he cut for me back in August 2014, and it did not mention the origin of the rough. I don't have access to the e-mail exchange with Jeff from that time anymore to check if it was mentioned, sorry!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia I re-visited Jeff's recent Gem Scoop with regard to roughs for cutting, got you now.

However, on the page, it says the roughs on offer were newly acquired, so I don't know if mine was from the same deposit or not.

I checked my thread about this and another stone he cut for me back in August 2014, and it did not mention the origin of the rough. I don't have access to the e-mail exchange with Jeff from that time anymore to check if it was mentioned, sorry!

Thank you for checking. I hope at the time I pay him for my big blue aqua, he will still have an intense pink Nigerian tourmaline rough for me. I need just one piece of rough for myself :love:! Can't ask for anything now, we already discussed my budget:(

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for checking. I hope at the time I pay him for my big blue aqua, he will still have an intense pink Nigerian tourmaline rough for me. I need just one piece of rough for myself :love:! Can't ask for anything now, we already discussed my budget:(

Fingers crossed for you that there will still be a Rubellite for you after you have finished paying for your Aqua, and I look forward to seeing your finished Aqua. What shape and cut are you having out of interest?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I asked for any shape other than a pear since I already have a 2.15ct pear that I plan to use with my Russian emerald/beryl in a pendant. This aqua is also from Russia, it had been treated with a high heat at its original location which is the Earth:D. Jeff said my piece of rough is best suitable for emerald cut so I was thrilled to have it and set in a ring. Something fabulous for me that I could pass to one of the younger girls in my family later. A ring for special occasion as I see it.

Attachments

• IMG_0737 (2).jpg
    IMG_0737 (2).jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t want to make a purchase in view of the current times but still wanted a change and to feel like I have something new so I had a pair of diamond stud earrings repurposed and asked the jeweller to use the gold from the stems for the hooks adding anything extra needed. I also got an evil eye bracelet soldered onto my dbty chain to add length and a touch of quirkiness! Coincidentally the chain type on both was the same. I’m happy with the change and feel I’ll now wear them more ! B09028D4-3E92-44CF-8C46-9859116EF20A.jpeg FC46BCFA-2A7E-40B1-8E0D-3B9294BD3484.jpeg 9CD50C14-1F3A-4438-926B-08384330A1F8.jpeg 8B44E355-04EC-4726-A9D2-2F38910A0BA7.jpeg

This is a GREAT change up! Your collection goes from strength to strength, Ellen!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a GREAT change up! Your collection goes from strength to strength, Ellen!

Thanks mrs-b I’m enjoying the little changes! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results