shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
This is beautiful @qtiekiki! What are the diamonds like in real life? I'm eyeing off one of his DBTY bracelets.

The melees are 6 pointers on this bracelet. They face up white and are very sparkly. I looked at them with a loupe, and I would say they are SI, maybe one that’s VS.

I have friends (former PSers) who got DBTY from him. They were happy with the quality.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The melees are 6 pointers on this bracelet. They face up white and are very sparkly. I looked at them with a loupe, and I would say they are SI, maybe one that’s VS.

I have friends (former PSers) who got DBTY from him. They were happy with the quality.

Terrific! The AUD has absolutely tanked and will be rubbish for a while yet, and so much of his stuff is well within budget, and looks the goods. But it's great to have a knowledgeable eye critique his pieces, so thank you heaps!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Terrific! The AUD has absolutely tanked and will be rubbish for a while yet, and so much of his stuff is well within budget, and looks the goods. But it's great to have a knowledgeable eye critique his pieces, so thank you heaps!

I asked him a question, and he gave me an offer. So you can definitely go below listing price and give an offer.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked him a question, and he gave me an offer. So you can definitely go below listing price and give an offer.

Awesome! I'll have to wait a while I think, as he messaged be back to say he's reluctant to ship internationally at the moment, which is fair enough. I'll just have to keep save my pennies for bigger diamonds then! :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am buying a new car!

The current car is going back as it is too big, powerful and luxurious for my needs, as I am likely to continue to work from home for the foreseeable future (have done so since September 2019).

I was driving a 140 miles round trip for work every day, and needed more boot space for camping gears and a better car for towing a leisure trailer loaded with camping gear.

I have to get out of the finance on this car in order to get the camper van, and the amount required to pay for this 3yo car outright is considerably more than a brand new small run around that I am getting. No brainer really.

It will be a change from tradition, as I have only ever owned Mini and MINIs in the past. A smaller new MINI that I would like to have is about 7k GBP dearer, with unknown delivery date, and I need another car ASAP to replace the current car.

The new car is highly spec'ed, in the right colour (red) and most importantly, available for immediate delivery as soon as the dealership can open for business again at the beginning of June 2020!

If work picks up (I am only working part time, and have spare capacity), then I may go back to MINIs.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 , my husband will only drive a Mini! With stick shift. He loves it!

My current car is an automatic, my first, and I love it.

And my new campervan is an automatic.

Hence I opted for a manual in the new car, as I can take the campervan for long distance trips that are almost certain to involved staying away from home, so I may as well stay in my own van with my own bed and facilities etc...

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Just arrivedtoday, my first diamond step cuts. Tiny baguettes but I live the long flashes. I've been stalking baguettes and Kalee Sholdt was going to make me something but then offered me this from her personal collection.

Hoping for daylight to show it off tomorrow...from my home office, sigh.
image.jpg 20200520_225304.jpg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168 Can you share more details on your camper van? I've been eyeing the Winnebago Revel, although my DH is not on board with this idea, so I can only day dream and live vicariously through you! What made you decide to do a custom build and how are you spec'ing it out?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 Can you share more details on your camper van? I've been eyeing the Winnebago Revel, although my DH is not on board with this idea, so I can only day dream and live vicariously through you! What made you decide to do a custom build and how are you spec'ing it out?

Not sure if it is appropriate to go into details here, however, I do not want use LPG, and need to have a kitchen that can be shut off from the rest of the van, plus a drop down bed in the smallest size van possible. Hence the need to go custom as I cannot find one on the market that meets my requirements.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My set 4ct EC comes next week. It's not the setting I dreamed of, but that was going to be a more difficult setting, and slower, and I really wanted to have this ring for my birthday in 4 weeks. With the lockdown, that just wasn't going to happen. So I went with something else I liked that was simpler. Mostly, I just want to get that baby on my hand!

I'm also re-setting my 3 stone, since I'm doing a *different* 3 stone as well, and don't want a whole collection of 3 stone rings. My current 3 stone is going into a cluster (a BIG cluster - I'm adding a 2.7ctw cluster to it!) and my 4ct grey/purple antique style cushion spinel is going into a 3 stone. The cluster and the three stone will be in the second half of this year - one will probably be for Christmas - and that's pretty much the end of it.

DKJ is also currently working on a second diamond bangle for me, also for my birthday. We were planning trips for my birthday but, given the climate re travel, it ended up being jewelry. Poor me - I'll try to struggle on through.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Just arrivedtoday, my first diamond step cuts. Tiny baguettes but I live the long flashes. I've been stalking baguettes and Kalee Sholdt was going to make me something but then offered me this from her personal collection.

Hoping for daylight to show it off tomorrow...from my home office, sigh.
image.jpg 20200520_225304.jpg

Those look great together. ❤️

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought a Gucci bracelet I have been eyeing for months... its from the marche des merveilles collection with 3 tiny diamonds. will take a picture.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I bought this for my sister today. Her birthday isn't til July but I've had my eye out for just the right thing. She loves vintage jewelry like I do, so it's fun to shop for her. I've gotten her ruby pieces the last 2 years so I wanted to get something different this year. Her favorite color is green, so when this popped up from AlahambraJM in IG today, I knew it was perfect! Rosy 14k gold, synthetic green spinel and a cute little OMC diamond center.
20200523_164811.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may have lied when I said my horseshoe ring was my last purchase for awhile. :P2 Here's my new-to-me 1950s vintage wedding set, purchased from the lovely Jocelyn at GildedLane (IG/Etsy). The main stone is an OEC and about .25ct; the rest of the stones are single cuts. It's soldered together, which isn't normally my preference but it's charming to me because it's so characteristic of the era.

I love this ring because it's delicate and sparkly with teensy pastel rainbow flashes, stacks well with other bands, and the cut of the main stone is top-notch (absolutely perfect petals!). Thanks for letting me share!

1590340531700.png
1590340591725.png
1590340667495.png

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may have lied when I said my horseshoe ring was my last purchase for awhile. :P2 Here's my new-to-me 1950s vintage wedding set, purchased from the lovely Jocelyn at GildedLane (IG/Etsy). The main stone is an OEC and about .25ct; the rest of the stones are single cuts. It's soldered together, which isn't normally my preference but it's charming to me because it's so characteristic of the era.

I love this ring because it's delicate and sparkly with teensy pastel rainbow flashes, stacks well with other bands, and the cut of the main stone is top-notch (absolutely perfect petals!). Thanks for letting me share!

1590340531700.png
1590340591725.png
1590340667495.png

That does have perfect petals!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I bought this for my sister today. Her birthday isn't til July but I've had my eye out for just the right thing. She loves vintage jewelry like I do, so it's fun to shop for her. I've gotten her ruby pieces the last 2 years so I wanted to get something different this year. Her favorite color is green, so when this popped up from AlahambraJM in IG today, I knew it was perfect! Rosy 14k gold, synthetic green spinel and a cute little OMC diamond center.
20200523_164811.jpg

Beautiful, and so thoughtful, she will love it!! That green is glorious!!!
(Can I be your adopted sister? ; ) LOL)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Whoooot!! My emerald eternity just arrived from Gold Adore! It is SO green and glowy!! I love it!! I am planning to send it to DK for milgrain and engraving, but I'm going to enjoy it awhile first!!
And I **may** have more emeralds on the way! :Up_to_something:
20200526_172552.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhhh - @CHRISTY-DANIELLE - I love it!! Congratulations!

Unfortunately my project fell over from a few different directions. It's being re-set and we're trying different colored side stones. Here's hoping we get through it this time with no hiccups!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of in-progress photos. We still have to soften the bezel, knocking off the sharp edges, and we're taking the cups out from underneath. They didn't really work to 'yellow' the diamonds, and just made them look muddy; without the cups, the center stone is a very pretty, creamy white. The champagne color you can see is *all* from the 22kt yellow cup, not the diamond. This is the general idea, tho, as far as overall design and layout goes.

DKPV2020-05-24----TS-05.jpg

DKPV2020-05-24----TS-06.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results