shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy :)) The shield ring (for want of a much better term) is two pears, set point to point and running north-south, then two hearts, set point to point and running east-west. The bottom pear is larger than the top pear and the whole thing will have a tiny ruby set in the center. Engraving and an oxidized finish with give it a Victorian, slightly gothic, vibe. Perhaps a 'clover ring' would be a better description?

It’s sounds delicious and I think a better description would be super amazingly yummy. Lol I’m serious. I am excited for you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s sounds delicious and I think a better description would be super amazingly yummy. Lol I’m serious. I am excited for you!

Awww - thank you, dear girl!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I’m hoping to acquire this charming necklace.
fingers crossed 1BE93F91-4F85-4DFE-A179-70E1AA7A6DA8.jpeg
I love it! I purchased a very similar antique necklace several years ago. It is still my favorite!
I hope it ends up being yours.

facuazo

Rough_Rock
so uh i bought this tennis bracelet online, it was very cheap so i don’t really think it’s white gold or diamonds and whatnots. i don’t really care about that but my wrist is kind of skinny so the bracelet is too big for me, any of you know how to cut down one of the “teeth” of the bracelets without having to go to the jewelry store? thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 64

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
11431162-F921-4F60-81CE-A36823F5CCE6.jpeg

Shoul receive this mid next week. Seller has a good return policy so feel ok about not being able to see super close up detailed shots of the stones themselves before purchase.
I’m interested in these for project stones, not as a ready to wear piece. Have never cannibalized a piece before - any suggestions/pitfalls to watch for?

7 same-sized rounds will give you a perfect cluster. Do you have a cluster, by any chance, @Rfisher? I mean, I'm just saying... :mrgreen:

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
so uh i bought this tennis bracelet online, it was very cheap so i don’t really think it’s white gold or diamonds and whatnots. i don’t really care about that but my wrist is kind of skinny so the bracelet is too big for me, any of you know how to cut down one of the “teeth” of the bracelets without having to go to the jewelry store? thanks
Sorry hun, but this is a job for a jeweler...just go to a little local shop, I'm sure they can remove a link or two easily, without charging more than 20 bucks, if that.
It looks nice on you!

i_want_sparkly

Rough_Rock
I bought this diamond half eternity ring over the weekend from Blue Nile. It was very discounted for some reason and I got it for about 400, which I think was a good deal?

18k yellow gold, 2mm with 2 pointers. .33 tcw 15 diamonds. H color vs2 clarity.

Attachments

• IMG_20191022_110910.jpg
    IMG_20191022_110910.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 49

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I bought this diamond half eternity ring over the weekend from Blue Nile. It was very discounted for some reason and I got it for about 400, which I think was a good deal?

18k yellow gold, 2mm with 2 pointers. .33 tcw 15 diamonds. H color vs2 clarity.
beautiful! good catch!

EE3

Rough_Rock
These apple earrings. They are adorable and go with my newish Jade ring that I got about a month ago.

received_2221192647985046.jpeg
This is an adorable set! Would you mind sharing where you purchased the earrings (and cost, sorry for being tacky).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an adorable set! Would you mind sharing where you purchased the earrings (and cost, sorry for being tacky).

No worries at all. I often wish I knew how much certain things cost and it's always tricky to ask.

I bought the Jade apples from a Chinese vendor online and had them set by him. He runs a Livestream where you watch the goods via video stream and ask them to show you the goods you like. Then they give you a price and you can bargain it down. The cost of setting is calculated according to the price of gold, design, size and amount of diamonds, labor. It's up to you how much you want to spend on a setting.

It cost me $200 to $230 usd all up for the pair of earrings including the Jade.

The catch is the vendor only speaks Chinese so all my dealings with him are through using Google translate as I don't understand a single word of Chinese. Makes for some interesting conversations that go around in circles lol

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just sent my large Australian amethyst over to Daniel M in the US for a classy new dress. I was impulsive, reached out to him & just did it, which is very unlike me as I'm not a spender. I have wanted him to remake it ever since I saw HotPossum's large blue topaz reset that he did a few years back :kiss2:

I am excited & will post in Coloured Stones when it makes it's way back to me in a few weeks!

Last edited:

EE3

Rough_Rock
No worries at all. I often wish I knew how much certain things cost and it's always tricky to ask.

I bought the Jade apples from a Chinese vendor online and had them set by him. He runs a Livestream where you watch the goods via video stream and ask them to show you the goods you like. Then they give you a price and you can bargain it down. The cost of setting is calculated according to the price of gold, design, size and amount of diamonds, labor. It's up to you how much you want to spend on a setting.

It cost me $200 to $230 usd all up for the pair of earrings including the Jade.

The catch is the vendor only speaks Chinese so all my dealings with him are through using Google translate as I don't understand a single word of Chinese. Makes for some interesting conversations that go around in circles lol

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this to me! I love the apples so much. I actually want to make apple pendants in that size for my girls. Would you mind sharing the link to the Chinese vendor?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this to me! I love the apples so much. I actually want to make apple pendants in that size for my girls. Would you mind sharing the link to the Chinese vendor?

I've sent him a message to ask permission to share his details. Let you know as soon as I get a response!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b it's going to be another knock out ring.. I look forward to seeing it when completed.. you know i love every piece you have! as always, class all the way...

Awww - thank you, dear girl!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is a link to one of his old Livestreams. If you add him as a friend on Facebook you will get notifications of when his Livestream are on. There are several every day.

You can also message him and tell him what you're looking for.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Haha, always happy to enable a fellow PS'er :D

If they are the size you are looking for, I think you will be very happy with them.
@GlitterInMyHair I got them and they are beautiful! But I don't think they are flattering on me. The hoops kind of stick out the way my ears are. I have larger diamond oval hoops that sit nicely on my ear and I wanted something smaller and I thought these would work but they didn't. I plan to get the 3 stone diamond huggies next time they hopefully go on sale at Costco. I should have gotten them when they were on sale this past spring. Your hoops look gorgeous on you! Always fun to shop together with an another PSer and of coarse enable too! You're a doll enjoy them and have lots of fun in them!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
@GlitterInMyHair I got them and they are beautiful! But I don't think they are flattering on me. The hoops kind of stick out the way my ears are. I have larger diamond oval hoops that sit nicely on my ear and I wanted something smaller and I thought these would work but they didn't. I plan to get the 3 stone diamond huggies next time they hopefully go on sale at Costco. I should have gotten them when they were on sale this past spring. Your hoops look gorgeous on you! Always fun to shop together with an another PSer and of coarse enable too! You're a doll enjoy them and have lots of fun in them!
I'm sorry the hoops didn't work out. But before I even finished reading your post, I was going to suggest you take a look at the 3-stone huggies, lol.

I have those too. I probably wore them non-stop for 6 months when I first got them, lol. And they are still my most worn earrings.

Here is a quick ear shot for you :D

15668255411330.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry the hoops didn't work out. But before I even finished reading your post, I was going to suggest you take a look at the 3-stone huggies, lol.

I have those too. I probably wore them non-stop for 6 months when I first got them, lol. And they are still my most worn earrings.

Here is a quick ear shot for you :D

15668255411330.jpg
I love them and me want! They look gorgeous on you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm buying *this*. Going down to NYC to take a look in a week or two, then tucking it away for my birthday next year. @missy - I am *so* sorry you're tied up and will be unable to meet me in at OWD to take a look with me (I want you to know - I dropped your name to Adam shamelessly!) - but if anything happens that makes you more mobile in the next week or two, and if the ideal appeals to you at all, pls know, I would LOVE to have your presence when I meet this beauty, since I hold you almost singlehandedly responsible for my growing obsession with old cuts, warm colors, and OWD in particular!

I asked Adam about the inclusions and the SI2 grading, as the stone looks very clean to me, and he said it looks like a VS1 without a loupe, a VS2 with a loupe, and that it's an unbelievable stone for an SI2. How gorgeous is this?? Happy birthday to me!

And just to add - Adam said this diamond was cut around 120 years ago. Isn't that wonderful? <3

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza!!
What a lovely color!
Any possibility of still shot face up and sideways to see that crown?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza!!
What a lovely color!
Any possibility of still shot face up and sideways to see that crown?

I hadn't even thought of that!! I don't have any profile shots, but am going down to NYC to visit her in the next couple of weeks, so will make a point of getting shots then. Isn't she beautiful? She's going into an antique gold bezel with a high kt gold cup to pump the yellow. Plain, classic, vintage.

ETA I might get her repolished, depending on Adam's take on that.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm buying *this*. Going down to NYC to take a look in a week or two, then tucking it away for my birthday next year. @missy - I am *so* sorry you're tied up and will be unable to meet me in at OWD to take a look with me (I want you to know - I dropped your name to Adam shamelessly!) - but if anything happens that makes you more mobile in the next week or two, and if the ideal appeals to you at all, pls know, I would LOVE to have your presence when I meet this beauty, since I hold you almost singlehandedly responsible for my growing obsession with old cuts, warm colors, and OWD in particular!

I asked Adam about the inclusions and the SI2 grading, as the stone looks very clean to me, and he said it looks like a VS1 without a loupe, a VS2 with a loupe, and that it's an unbelievable stone for an SI2. How gorgeous is this?? Happy birthday to me!

And just to add - Adam said this diamond was cut around 120 years ago. Isn't that wonderful? <3

Woohoo! So excited for you @mrs-b and I will contact you offline. This is going to be a very happy (in advance) birthday indeed. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't she beautiful? She's going into an antique gold bezel with a high kt gold cup to pump the yellow. Plain, classic, vintage.

Oh and in case there's any doubt...it's GORGEOUS.:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results