shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also just put this in the engagement ring sticky thread, but what the hey, right?

20201212_135230.jpg

20201212_112445.jpg

20201212_112232.jpg
Beautiful! It’s icy white! Is it a GIA it AGS @mrs-b?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure, @MamaBee - they're normally AGS, but occasionally they have the odd GIA stone. Frankly, I prefer that.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure, @MamaBee - they're normally AGS, but occasionally they have the odd GIA stone. Frankly, I prefer that.

Thanks @mrs-b..I am starting to get worried about my little upgrade in color...I think I would prefer to have a GIA graded diamond...but that’s not in the cards...Libby is a AGS G...She‘s very white to me...I don’t know if the bump in size will make a difference so I will try to get to an F. I don’t see anything on WF that I would jump on now anyway.

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Here is the final result, although I am not happy with the bezel work done by my local jeweler. I was wanting to send this project to DK, but DH wanted to support our local jeweler. I've done smaller projects with them without issue, but the bezel is wonky/uneven, so it is going back to be fixed or re-done. They have apologized profusely and promised to correct it, but it is disappointing none the less. Especially considering I know DK would have nailed it the first time around (and probably for less). Lesson learned.

EmeraldRingRibbonRing.jpg
EmeraldRingClose.jpg

Right side is thicker than left and tip is wonky and uneven:
EmeraldCloseUp.jpg

That is GORGEOUS!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It’s icy white! Is it a GIA it AGS @mrs-b?

@MamaBee - I checked - it's AGS. And it's VERY white. I've always found GOG to be quite strict about color. It's one of the things that look for, I believe, when they buy their stones. Jon set a standard there; I've always found his AVRs and AVCs to be right on the money, too, for color. Are you planning to upgrade Libby in the new year? What's your goal? if it's your 'end goal' ring, I'd be staying at a G or above - but that's personal preference on my part.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee - I checked - it's AGS. And it's VERY white. I've always found GOG to be quite strict about color. It's one of the things that look for, I believe, when they buy their stones. Jon set a standard there; I've always found his AVRs and AVCs to be right on the money, too, for color. Are you planning to upgrade Libby in the new year? What's your goal? if it's your 'end goal' ring, I'd be staying at a G or above - but that's personal preference on my part.
@mrs-b I purchased Summer from Whiteflash last January. It’s 2.78 I color VS2. It looks very white face up but when tilted I can see the color. Libby is 2.03 G VS1 which no inclusions under the table..she has some non-black...little
inclusions near the edges. She’s very white to me. Libby looks flawless even from the sides. I’m spoiled.
I want to upgrade Summer for color. I would love to get an F or better..simply because I think the color grading has softened. I also think clarity grading has softened. VS1 plots are messier than I remember.
I have a gut feeling that the clarity does make a difference in how the diamond sparkles. Libby is like a drop of crystal clear water. I can sell her after I get the upgrade on Summer. I first want to compare the new diamond to her. I want David to remake the setting Libby is in now to fit the new diamond. I may go smaller than 2.78 only because I’m cheap and don’t want to spend a crazy amount to get there. I will probably have the opportunity to do that though. Decisions! I feel like I should sell Libby. I
Just don’t want to give her away. Thanks for listening to me ramble! Hahaha

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I purchased Summer from Whiteflash last January. It’s 2.78 I color VS2. It looks very white face up but when tilted I can see the color. Libby is 2.03 G VS1 which no inclusions under the table..she has some non-black...little
inclusions near the edges. She’s very white to me. Libby looks flawless even from the sides. I’m spoiled.
I want to upgrade Summer for color. I would love to get an F or better..simply because I think the color grading has softened. I also think clarity grading has softened. VS1 plots are messier than I remember.
I have a gut feeling that the clarity does make a difference in how the diamond sparkles. Libby is like a drop of crystal clear water. I can sell her after I get the upgrade on Summer. I first want to compare the new diamond to her. I want David to remake the setting Libby is in now to fit the new diamond. I may go smaller than 2.78 only because I’m cheap and don’t want to spend a crazy amount to get there. I will probably have the opportunity to do that though. Decisions! I feel like I should sell Libby. I
Just don’t want to give her away. Thanks for listening to me ramble! Hahaha

Upgrading Summer - of course. I'm with you now.

I totally agree with you re softening color gradings. And I think higher clarity - even tho we SWEAR we can't see the difference...makes a difference! F VS1 is my sweet spot. I wish it wasn't, but it just is. Go for it, girl - you'll see the difference and appreciate making the effort once it's done. And I have to say - F VS at 2.5ct is a fave size for me. There's something about the proportions at that size that's just so elegant.

This will be an exciting process! I'll definitely be following along!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upgrading Summer - of course. I'm with you now.

I totally agree with you re softening color gradings. And I think higher clarity - even tho we SWEAR we can't see the difference...makes a difference! F VS1 is my sweet spot. I wish it wasn't, but it just is. Go for it, girl - you'll see the difference and appreciate making the effort once it's done. And I have to say - F VS at 2.5ct is a fave size for me. There's something about the proportions at that size that's just so elegant.

This will be an exciting process! I'll definitely be following along!

Thank you @mrs-b! <3

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today I did what I don't ordinarily do.

I bought a new piece of bling that WASN'T on my long-term wish list.

I bought a preloved Fabergé egg pendant!!!!!!!!!!

I think its all the stress I've been under work-wise these last three weeks. I was ready to pop, blow a gasket.

I've always loved Fabergé eggs, and honestly I really need a necklace. I don't have any necklaces at all other than a plain gold chain and a strand of Mikimoto pearls. With all the Zoom calls I'm on, my neck has been feeling really bare lately. I have a peach-colored silk blouse I'm hoping this egg will look fabulous with!

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 2.42.18 PM.png

So dreamy!!!!:kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and classy just like you @mrs-b love the simplicity and yet still that stone is to die for gorgeous!! It screams quality!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Slick1! GOG's Ascendancy stones are just gorgeous - you really can't go wrong. My plan is to surround this beauty with a bunch of other little beauties and make some variation of a cluster. What fun! :mrgreen:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b ohhhhh, that will be divine!! Can’t wait to see this!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I broke my ban and picked up a 12 gram white gold diamond and sapphire band. I started to look for Klonks and pre-loved Akoya pearls again. I picked up a new 11-14mm all nacre mixed color Klonk strand, and two vintage, white baroque Akoya strands.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CSpan I've gone through periods where some earrings caused irritation. ( Fortunately doesn't last long). I love earrings, wear them every day. I tend to like smaller studs, and these looked so cute!
Now, I am absolutely , for sure, done buying for awhile. I just bought this french cut sapphire eternity today. I am feeling some guilt, but I HAD too! It was just too perfect.
I'm on a total ban after this !
20200421_011425.jpg

Just STUNNING!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I have recently been fixated with OEC’s. I would like to take a trip to NY to try some on but won’t be able to do that for months.

I came across this 6.9 carat Natural white zircon and am considering getting it as a place holder.

This is a screen shot of the video. The stone has gorgeous big facets and lovely fire. Eye clean and colorless.

D82EC138-DA37-4DDA-B453-8CD24BC139E3.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I have recently been fixated with OEC’s. I would like to take a trip to NY to try someone but won’t be able to do that for months.

I came across this 6.9 carat Natural white zircon and am considering getting it as a place holder.

D82EC138-DA37-4DDA-B453-8CD24BC139E3.jpeg

Omg I saw this one in IG this AM! Sooooo pretty. He's such a great cutter from what I can see

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Omg I saw this one in IG this AM! Sooooo pretty. He's such a great cutter from what I can see
The cut of the stone looks so pretty! I hope I am making the right decision!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I’m thinking about an east-west set smaller emerald cut diamond or other stone for an everyday RHR.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking about an east-west set smaller emerald cut diamond or other stone for an everyday RHR.

That sounds just like my RHR, I highly recommend! :mrgreen:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thoughts on the color of this old mine cut?
4987D389-B400-415D-AE0B-178CE61AD692.jpeg
EC577D05-D9C8-4B10-937F-89EA1974632C.jpeg
9DF71184-3A4C-4DC9-BF5D-8BB7D99E506F.jpeg
4580A3B5-3129-4F16-9AF6-F777DF87CBE1.jpeg

What a chameleon. You can hardly notice the color when the ring is on.

I really am in a rose cut diamond kind of mood.

what do you guys thinks? Should I get one of this or should I keep looking?

My vote goes to the second one. Those rose cuts and that setting are divine!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What a chameleon. You can hardly notice the color when the ring is on.

My vote goes to the second one. Those rose cuts and that setting are divine!

Thank you @maryjane04 I love that one too.

Rose cut diamonds are just so magical.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results