shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest I'm not really sure if I should be buying it...

Considering how much they would have cost new, you have a real bargain there IMHO!

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love looking at everyone’s purchases!! :kiss2:

this was a gift, so technically not purchased by me....it is the 7.2 ct ACA x-prong tennis bracelet from whiteflash ... we did have it sized so it is technically 6.3 ct ... need to decide what to do with the extra 6 stones!
ABAAC0DE-219A-4793-9244-2A1A006E850E.jpeg B121819C-3711-43E9-B3E9-118CDC4101B3.jpeg

Make the surplus stones into a ring with shared prongs etc.?

DBTY bracelet?

A bangle?

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
Nice bracelet! Can they make them into earrings?

Gorgeous bracelet!
It’s looks very substantial, a lot bigger than 6.3 ctw :kiss2:

thank you!! i have fairly small wrists i suppose so it is nice having the extra stones for future use! i was worried it would be too much for everyday but PSers are correct: DSS happens in bracelets too so i am glad we went with this size :kiss2: :lol-2:=)2

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
Make the surplus stones into a ring with shared prongs etc.?

DBTY bracelet?

A bangle?

i like the way you think!! i was thinking about a shared prong partial eternity band....i also love the bangle idea!! maybe 3 clusters on each end! thank you so much :kiss2::kiss2:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you mrs-b! Hope you’re doing well=)2 it is set in 18k yellow gold!

Very nice! And yes, doing well. Thanks Ellen. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like the way you think!! i was thinking about a shared prong partial eternity band....i also love the bangle idea!! maybe 3 clusters on each end! thank you so much :kiss2::kiss2:

I have seen a couple of open bangles with stones on each end, one with round stones, another with heart shaped stones.

I personally would channel set 6 diamonds in a line myself, however that's personal preference etc...

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock
Impulse purchased this garnet ring last night on eBay. My birthday was in January (garnet birthstone) and I'd looked around for a little garnet RHR but didn't see anything that spoke to me. Saw this last night, seller had just listed it a few hours before. Better late than never! :P2

6mm garnet (1.07ct) with a wee halo of 16 single cut diamonds (0.05ct) set in 14 YG

I like the dark red, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. I also have a future project in mind with some color change garnets, but that's a discussion for another day in the CS forum.

These are the seller's photos. It's on its way to me now!

front.jpg
on-finger.jpg side.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weigh in on this one! I like the novelty of it! DD66A016-F7B0-4CB8-9DAA-F44FA2B07F72.jpeg 44695B32-A7AE-4B2F-AAB2-3A4B6C446CDC.jpeg

It's cute, however I am not sure about the band and the pairing myself.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's cute, however I am not sure about the band and the pairing myself.

I wouldn’t necessarily stack it. Just debating if the novelty of it will wear away.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala if it’s super cheap, like $500 or less, then sure.
—-

I had a hard time taking this off yesterday. The seller is getting an appraisal done but I’d estimate the color to be N-P, eye clean SI. There’s a dark carbon inclusion, but the cut is so beautifully done that all you see is sparkle.

68701B9C-DCC2-4564-ADE3-77802258656D.jpeg 1C96DE8B-635F-46C0-AEF3-A5E6D5769EDD.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t necessarily stack it. Just debating if the novelty of it will wear away.

Knowing what I know from reading your posts on PS, it will not last very long (wrote my tongue firmly in my cheek)! :lol:

DK ;))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, my immediate thought was Minnie Mouse bow, maybe you are a Disney fan! It is cute.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found a french cut diamond band on Etsy in my size 5.5. I’ve been looking off and on for a few years and wanted something very specific- it had to be platinum, vintage and wider than 2 mm but thinner than 3 mm. The height had to be less than 2mm as well bc I don’t want a band to sit high off my finger and get in the way of my engagement ring.
I also didn’t want a lot of metal showing, I wanted thin metal on either sides of the diamonds so you mostly see diamonds. Also I didn’t want to spend a fortune on it.

This one showed up last week when I did a search and I jumped on it. In the past I’ve attempted to purchase one band off Loupetroop and the seller changed her mind and then another one off Etsy but when I received it the diamonds were so small, I couldn’t even tell they were french cut diamonds.
I put this band on layaway though as I feel guilty about spending the money since we are in the middle of moving and I really shouldn’t be buying anything. I’ll hopefully be getting it next month. When I do I will most likely send it to DK to rehab the band. I want him to polish it up and add milgrain.
I’m super excited to be getting it.
The only other thing I want is a CVB french cut Sophia in rose gold. Then my set will be complete.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I passed on the poodle necklace, but I did purchase this one :)

I just love the slightly asymatrical shape and the mixed cuts. Plus, it's set in rose gold. So even though it's another floral motif, I hope it's different enough from my platinum floral diamond necklace.

Screenshot_20200210-213832~2.png
Screenshot_20200210-213816~2.png

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
This little project took some time. I won the deco platinum ring in an auction, then got lucky and snapped up the perfect Jeff White blue zircon off LT (my fave gem, as some of you know... :) ). Then sent it all off to DK to set and make new claw prongs. Just got it back today, and I'm so happy with the result!
20200210_222205.jpg

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
This little project took some time. I won the deco platinum ring in an auction, then got lucky and snapped up the perfect Jeff White blue zircon off LT (my fave gem, as some of you know... :) ). Then sent it all off to DK to set and make new claw prongs. Just got it back today, and I'm so happy with the result!
20200210_222205.jpg

Gorgeous!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm excited for you @kayla17 ! I know how it feels, I hunted for ages for my dream antique eternity..with so many requirements, and sz 5.5 (lol). But one day... there it was. Hope this is exactly what you want!

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't even like poodles (apologies to any poodle moms here), but this necklace is so cute!

I'm 1 glass of wine away from pulling the trigger, lol.

Screenshot_20200201-130510~2.png

The cutest! I have a little poodle mix (black fluffball that looks nothing like the necklace, haha!). Since you passed on it, care to share the source?

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Bought this on the weekend. It's aquamarine and diamonds in WG. It's my first colored stone and first halo and I didn't think I'd ever go for such a large stone (9 x 7 mm). So many firsts, I'm not totally sure but I think I adore it.

IMG_20200209_111403.jpg

IMG_20200209_111510.jpg

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm excited for you @kayla17 ! I know how it feels, I hunted for ages for my dream antique eternity..with so many requirements, and sz 5.5 (lol). But one day... there it was. Hope this is exactly what you want!

Ugh! So I went ahead and purchased it but wasn’t crazy about it! It was obviously resized and they didn’t do such a great job. You could see that the diamonds in that area weren’t set good, they were loose and moved around and had big spaces between them. Also the band was oval shaped especially where it was sized. and the metal where it was resized wasn’t soldered right so it looked very irregular. I just mailed it back today.
Off to search again!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! So I went ahead and purchased it but wasn’t crazy about it! It was obviously resized and they didn’t do such a great job. You could see that the diamonds in that area weren’t set good, they were loose and moved around and had big spaces between them. Also the band was oval shaped especially where it was sized. and the metal where it was resized wasn’t soldered right so it looked very irregular. I just mailed it back today.
Off to search again!

Aww @kayla17 I'm sorry it didn't work out. Just saw your post and photos and it looked so pretty in the pics. Darn when they don't accurately represent the item. What's the point of that? Do the sellers think we won't bother sending subpar pieces back to them? :((

Hope you find your dream band soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results