shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Good Deed for the Day! Help a Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennyt

Rough_Rock

Hi Everyone!

I know next to nothing about diamonds, and could use some help navigating all of this great information.

We are looking at stones around 1.00 -1.2 carats and want to pay no more than $5000 for the whole ring. I like the Lucida looking setting (can''t remember the name of the designer) and am looking at princess cuts.

Here''s my question: Would a H color, VS1 Very Good cut be sufficient for someone that does not know too much about diamonds and is not tremendously picky? I don''t want to see any inclusions, but I could care less if they are there and only visible under a microscope.

Also, we would be buying from an online vendor...any recs? I am familiar with Blue Nile, and like their user-friendly website. I noticed that Superbcert has better prices, but I can''t tell how to order a complete ring and have it set. Do they do that?

Thanks so much!

Jennifer

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Yes, SuperbCert can make up the whole ring for you. The Lucida setting is by Tiffany. I think it's very similar to the Vatche x-prong setting and SuperbCert carries the Vatche line. I think an H VS1 would be very nice and you will definitely not see any inclusions. You could probably go down a bit on clarity to a VS2 or SI1 and still not see inclusions. That way you could maybe go up a bit on color. An H should be very white but a G would be a bit whiter.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
You could easily go down a bit in clarity for your diamond. I have seen some really beautiful, Si1''s and Si2''s. That way you could get the size you are looking for and the mounting of your dreams.
emteeth.gif

jennyt

Rough_Rock

Oops! I meant to say a S1...how can you tell if the inclusions are visible to the naked eye if you''re buying online? And thanks for the X-Prong name...that''s what I was looking for! I know the "Lucida" is a Tiffany, which is so not in the budget!

Thanks!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 7:20:42 PM
Author: jennyt

Oops! I meant to say a S1...how can you tell if the inclusions are visible to the naked eye if you're buying online?

Hi Jenny! You can ask the vendor if the stone's eye-clean from close-up & all angles (if you're that picky- which i am)
2.gif

I found two stones which look interesting that are within your parameters 1.11 H VS2 from engagement rings direct for $4200 (I've purchased two stones from Mark & think the world of him)
9.gif
And also this DCD stone 1.02 H SI1.

I know both of the above vendors would be able to set your ring
4.gif

Best of luck w your diamond search!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results