shape
carat
color
clarity

Your first gray hair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I just turned 28 and have about 7 that I regularly pluck out from one spot on my part. The situation seems stable for now.
3.gif
23.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:40:19 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy
I''m 26 and I found 3 last week. I texted my mother to tell her ''thanks for the genes.''
Her response was ''I was 20. You''ll live.''
That''s funny.
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wouldn''t know. I dye my hair religiously.
9.gif

DH is going grey pretty quickly at the temples (he''s 28). But he''s in Law School, so I get it. Plus, he''s got these silver grey eyes, so when go goes all grey - it''s going to be spectacular.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
2 years ago... when i was 23

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I guess I was in my 30s when my little 4 year old nephew Danny pointed out that some of my hair was white. I told him they were highlights and he said "they look awfully white to me". I bribed him with a candy bar if he never said that to me again and he said "Deal!" So no I do not have any gray hairs, they are highlights!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found my first one when I was 22...I remember that day well because I was getting ready for my first "real job after college" interview. Since then I find a couple more every year...I''m 31 now and I find them more frequently than I used to. My mom is 66 and has let her hair go totally gray/white and it''s gorgeous. I will probably color until I''m her age and let mine go as well, I think it looks so elegant on her.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I was pretty young when I first started noticing greys I was 18, 19? Somewhere around there. I have a lot now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found my first one a few weeks ago, at 38, while I was stopped at a red light and was playing with my bangs in the rearview mirror. The whole thing stunned me so much I had to pull over to the first side street and check it out extensively. I plucked it. Looked at it up close. Looked at it far away. Looked at it against my black wool coat.
6.gif
Couldn't belive it. Looked at it some more.
23.gif

I called my best friend right then and she was like, congratulations, your an adult now! Wait 'till the hot flashes start!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 3:14:25 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I just found my first one a few weeks ago, at 38, while I was stopped at a red light and was playing with my bangs in the rearview mirror. The whole thing stunned me so much I had to pull over to the first side street and check it out extensively. I plucked it. Looked at it up close. Looked at it far away. Looked at it against my black wool coat.
6.gif
Couldn''t belive it. Looked at it some more.
23.gif

I called my best friend right then and she was like, congratulations, your an adult now! Wait ''till the hot flashes start!
LOL!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I was 11, standing in the parking lot after taking the national latin exam. Someone else standing over me found it. I have more now, but it didn''t get noticeable until I went to grad school
20.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I did not realize how young people started getting grays. I''m 25 and no grays. FI is 30, and also, no grays!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one single grey hair from the time I was 12 or so. My mum was 25% grey by the age of 18, so as a kid I was constantly worried I would follow suit. I''m 25 now, still only have that one odd strand.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ahh noooo I am in denial that this will ever happen. 27 and none yet... my mom is 51 and doesn''t have any that are readily apparent to me, so hopefully not for a long while.

Date: 2/24/2009 9:32:56 PM
Author: musey
I haven''t found any yet (I''m 24), but my hair is on the light side and there are TONS of colors in there (seriously... my hair is un-dyed and I''ve found everything from black to red to bleachy blonde) so I think it would blend in...
I have the exact same kind of hair that you''re describing musey, so I think it would be hard for me to find as well. This is probably a blessing~

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 5:51:54 AM
Author: Maisie
I was in my early 30's when I found my first greys. Now I have loads. I have my hair dyed but some of them manage to dodge the dye! I get my daughter to pluck them out for me!

My 16 year old daughter has had a couple. We wondered if it could be connected to her using straightening irons.
Ouch. I told my neighbor who saw one on me, that if she loved me she would pull it out for me. She did.
5.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

I''ve had a small patch of about 20 silver hairs since I was 16--still the same!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be 50 in April and have strawberry blonde hair. I do not dye my hair and have yet to find a gray one. HONESTLY! Good genes I guess.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys make me feel so much better! I got my first one about 6 months about at the age of 20! I was horrified! Now I see that isn''t not abnormal!

Still stinks though! I was like WTF IS THIS! A GREY HAIR? I can''t even legally drink and I have GREY IN MY HAIR! Stupid stress! LOL!

I feel much better now knowing I''m not the only one! I found my 2nd today (couldn''t find it well enough to pull out though! I''ll do that later!)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 8:54:03 PM
Author:princesss
Okay, everybody, fess up. When did you find your first gray hair?

I found two today. I''m 22!
39.gif
Same for me, weird!!! I''m now 46 though, and wish I''d let it grow in naturally instead of following the dye it "out" trap. It''s next to impossible to go from dying to natural grey. I''d be grey by now.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

I haven''t found any yet (I''m 24), but my hair is on the light side and there are TONS of colors in there (seriously... my hair is un-dyed and I''ve found everything from black to red to bleachy blonde) so I think it would blend in...

Chameleon hair! I am so jealous.

I am 27, no grays yet. My husband is almost 30 and doesn''t have any either, but it''s falling out instead lol.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last year, when I was 33.
39.gif
Now I just get them highlighted.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t remember the exact age...mid 20s I guess. But Princesss...we have DARK hair so they are really obvious. My SIL will tease me but I bet she has some and just doesn''t know it since she is blonde. I feel like I have a lot but my hairdresser says I don''t need to start dying it yet.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 5:40:11 PM
Author: lyra

Date: 2/24/2009 8:54:03 PM
Author:princesss
Okay, everybody, fess up. When did you find your first gray hair?

I found two today. I''m 22!
39.gif
Same for me, weird!!! I''m now 46 though, and wish I''d let it grow in naturally instead of following the dye it ''out'' trap. It''s next to impossible to go from dying to natural grey. I''d be grey by now.
I use demi-permanent haircolor so when I am ready to go all gray it will just wash out little by little.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 3:17:11 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
do gray color return to black? i swear i have less gray today then two yrs ago.
37.gif
I think it does. It happened to my sister.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, really, do we have to talk about gray hair? I don''t even like to think about it, let alone *talk* about it. Yuck!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahhh this year! i''m only 23!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I really hope I don't jinx myself by saying this . . .

I don't think I'm going to go gray, at least not until I'm a senior citizen. I'm almost 29 and don't have any grays. My mom is 66 and she has only a few, and her hair is dark brown so they'd definitely be visible if they were there. She always thought my grandma dyed her hair, but when she went into the nursing home and obviously wasn't getting any hair care, the "dye job" never grew out. (Apparently my mother and grandmother didn't have the type of relationship where my mom could just ask her, as evidenced by the fact that my grandma didn't tell her what a period was, so my mom thought she was bleeding to death.)

DH has more gray hairs than my mom, but he doesn't really have many either. Only if you look for them.

Oh, but I did inherit a widow's peak from my mom, and I think it's been getting more pronounced recently. I saw a picture somebody posted of me on Facebook with my hair in a ponytail, and I was like WTH? Do I have a receding hair line? Eek! Can't win 'em all, I guess.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 5:42:43 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Chameleon hair! I am so jealous.
Is that a thing??

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Just wait until the day when you find your first gray pubic hair!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 9:44:22 PM
Author: Scorpioanne
Just wait until the day when you find your first gray pubic hair!

Oh, let''s not even go there!

Tacori, you''re right, it would show up more against dark hair. Doesn''t mean I''m not going to whine a little, lol. But just to you guys. And my stylist.

Also, super ditto to the person that said she''d grow her gray hair to a bob (or cut it to there, lol) and wear red lipstick. That''s been my plan for ages! I think it''s so chic and gorgeous. I just didn''t want to start working on that style *now*!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am 36 and have yet to find one. Of course, I do get my hair colored so that could be masking it. I have asked the hairdresser if she sees any and she has said "no".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results