shape
carat
color
clarity

Your first gray hair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t found any yet (going on 24). My parents both started greying pretty late and still aren''t all grey at 54/58; although my mom''s hair grew back mostly grey after last summer''s chemo (
7.gif
)

DH however, has been plucking grey hairs since he was 22-ish. I found two right in front yesterday (he''s 27). His parents are 56/58 and are both dying their hair so it''s hard to tell, but they started grey earlier than mine, so it''s not surprising that DH started greying early.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m almost 29 and I don''t have any yet. I have dirty blonde hair and my parents didn''t start grey''ing until they were in their 40s. My older brother is 31 and he has dark brown hair and lots of grey along the temples. He looks very distinguished.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is very enlightening! I''m amazed to hear how all over the map everyone''s experiences are. I am 28 and don''t think I have any gray hairs (yet). But I am also in the multi-color dishwater blond category. I totally get the whole, "rainbow color" effect. So a white or gray hair might go unnoticed for awhile. I also learned in my anatomy and physiology class, that while genes play a role, so does lack of oxygen and blood flow to the scalp in turning hair gray sooner. I was dubious, but it was in my very well named text book. (Sorry, sold the book couldn''t tell you what it was.)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m 27 and none yet.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in my late 20''s and my husband found my first one a couple of years ago when I was mid 20''s. We''ve been pulling them out since and luckily it''s still the same 1-2 that pop up.

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
THANKFULLY, none yet.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
FI has white hairs here and there and I think it''s sexy. He''s early 30s so I was surprised to see them... But I like them!
31.gif
But he says I gave him the white hairs!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been getting the occasional gray hair since I was a really little kid. DH spotted one the other day and FREAKED - he thought it was really weird. Hope he learns to calm down about gray hairs a bit, because I literally don''t remember a time where my mom wasn''t dyeing her hair or salt-and-pepper (which IS really pretty on her).

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
20. Maybe 21. I feel like I have too many even though they're not very visible and are on the top of my scalp under other hair, but I got yelled at by my hair stylist for trying to pull them all. I've given up at this point. I've stopped counting..it makes me sad.
7.gif

ETA: Not to the point of coloring it yet..but think I will be within a few years. Just when I stop coloring my hair and let it go back to the natural color, I'll need to color it. How ironic.
20.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
IN my teens.My Mom was gray since I can remember her.So its genetics.They can cover it nicely, but its costly.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:29:05 PM
Author: scarleta
IN my teens.My Mom was gray since I can remember her.So its genetics.They can cover it nicely, but its costly.
Me too scarleta. I think I have had gray hairs since I was like in 6th grade so I would have been 12. I have been dying my hair since I was 16. I have noticed recently that I have a TON more then I used to. I don''t know if that is stress from work, school, getting married or all three.
38.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m 27 and I haven''t found any yet...knock on wood!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:29:05 PM
Author: scarleta
I think it''s genetic to an extent. My mon didn''t start going gray until she was nealy 50 (she''s nearly 70 now and still has plenty of naturally dark hair) however my sister started going gray in her early 30s. I haven''t got any grays yet so I''m hoping I have my mons genes
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results