shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favourite brand of jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also have to hem every pair of pants...I have an awesome alteration lady in SF who charges something like $6-8 for orignal hem, whereas if I get it hemmed here where I live, they charge $22.50!!! I love the original hem so I don''t care if the length is too long.

I have been wearing AG jeans for the past couple of years, and they are the only jeans that look good on me. I love the AG Legends like Mara does, but I have to pay full price for mine every time
emcry.gif
because I wear the smallest size, and they NEVER have those anywhere. I have to be careful of buying from ebay because they have a lot of counterfeits. I do have a pair of Citizens that I also like. Sevens never fit me because of my big hips. I do like Rock and Republic jeans but they are out of my budget at the moment.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been reading this thread and got the shopping bug last week-Nordy''s anniversary sale---wouldn''t you know, nothing I bought was actually on sale! I rarely shop, but when I hit it...well....I really wanted the AGs but the 26 fit like a glove, i.e., too tight for my taste though the sales girl thought they were perfect. Unfortunately, the 27s were huge in the waist.

I did end up with two pair of Paige jeans which I love! One has pockets with flaps on the rear which is flattering back there and the other just has simple stitching. I also bought a cute halogen skirt. I usually need to buy longs, but am amazed at how long these are! No wonder everyone is running to get alterations!

Then I went downstairs. I found this pair of Donald J. Pliners that I had to have! They are a sandal with silver metallic wedge, black elastic strap over the toe and black elastic wraparound straps up the ankle! Love them!

Thanks for the tips!

lawmax
face1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to finish losing weight to get into all my fav jeans. I have been wearing AGs for a long time...mine are Angel''s I think. I also have blue cult and a really cute pair of Red Engines. I think Red Engines can have some icky jeans too, but I found these at a boutique and LOVE them. Too bad they are a 27! I don''t know if I will ever fit into them again, and I only bought them 3 years ago. The rest of my jeans are 28 or 29. wah!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
My all-time favorites are my Mavi Jane jeans -- stretchy comfy and a great fit! A bit long so they''re perfect with boots/higher shoes but do tend to drag on the ground with flip flops, so they''re a bit worse for the wear on the bottom now. But I just love these jeans SO much! I also have a pair of Mavi Mollys -- also cute but not as comfy.

And I just bought a pair of super-cute jeans at the Gap Outlet. I haven''t bought jeans at the Gap in *years* because they just always looked so blah to me compared to the cute-pocketed ones out there nowadays, but they''ve finally come out with some sty;ish ones! The ones I got have cordoruy (sp? never get that one right) on the back pockets and they''re the "curvy" fit (which is funny because I would never use the word curvy to describe myself!), and they''re just really adorable. And they were only (gasp) $30
36.gif

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I have Citizens of Humanity, Miss Sixty, True Religion, and James jeans, Abercrombie, Earl. (okay, I shop. I admit it)

The citizens of Humanity I wear with flip flops (i have long long legs and they just arent long enough to wear with even a small heel). I also find that these jeans tend to just lose their magic after about a year of wear. Somehing happens to them and they just dont look great after a while. At least on me.

I have two or three pairs of the Miss sixty...there is a stretchy denim fabric in one of their styles that is cut very very long and it is a skinny jean and it makes my legs look even longer. Its miid or low rise.

True Religion - eh, they are okay. I live in them a lot....but they''re not my favorite.

My favorite are James Jeans. You might be able to get them at Nordies, but I think I got mine at Neimans''s. Hands down, the best fitting jeans I own. and they are long enough so that I can wear 5" heels and they still touch the floor. (lol dont ask me about the 5" heels, i do promotions modeling) If you have long legs and no hips - these jeans will do wonders for you.

I also live in Abercrombie jeans. The one with the flair leg that is ultra low rise. Its a comfortable jean to wear.

I have been meaning to get my mother a pair of those Not Your daughters Jeans....anybody tried those?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no MC..i havent heard of those mom jeans, tell me more! my mom finally just got a pair of fairly cute jeans, i forget what brand but she went to nordstroms and tried on all the ones i wear and found a mom-pair that work nicely for her. but she only has ONE. she needs a few more...and we need to get rid of the other ones she has...too high waisted with too much material for her, she's small and the old jeans just dwarf her.

i actually picked up a pair of paper denim jeans at marshalls the other day (wait i feel deja vu, did i post this already?) for $40 when the retail was like $130 or something. anyway they are fab and i love them. but 100% cotton, i prefer a tiny bit of lycra (aka 1-2%) for some stretch. but they are super cute on, they are a little 'destroyed'...kinda cool since i dont have a wash like that yet. my shapely girlfriend swears by PDC so i am dying to try them out...i think i am going to wear them today and see what i think.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I went to "Denim Headquarters" at Nordstrom''s. The AG''s were all shipped out
7.gif
so I didn''t get to join that cult. But then again....the Citizen''s and Paige''s and 7''s looked like total crap on me, so maybe AG''s would have been bad too.

But...I fell in LOVE with the David Kahn''s. The sales gal says that everyone who tries them on walks out with them. So they are getting hemmed (free thanks to Nordies!) and I''ll get them this week. They are a wee bit higher in the rise than those other brands but not enough to be frumpy. Just enough to hold in my tires and cover up those darned stretch marks.

Yuck.

Overall, a demoralizing experience. But one pair of $150 jeans that perhaps will do the trick...

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I went on a jeans-shopping frenzy this past week on vacation. There are a couple little boutique-y stores in Rehoboth that had nice designer brands, so I got some ideas there... then as soon as I got home, I dragged my fiance with me to Nordstrom''s to make a final decision!

Here''s the breakdown:
My body type: small waist, normal butt, bulky thighs, short legs
Not a chance: True Religion, 7, Paige, Paper Denim Cloth, Joe''s, Rock and Republic
Not horrible: Citizens, AGs
Not too bad at all!: Habitual, James

Soooo... I sprung for a pair of $200 Habituals, and despite the cost, feel pretty good about them! They''re a nice flattering dark wash and the pockets are very cool... I''ll need to hem off about 3 inches though. The James jeans I already had, after finding them for like $30 at a discount store near my hometown... somehow they ended up forgotten in the back of my closet, but when I dug them out, they fit great... so they''re off to be hemmed now too!

Just thought I''d report back to all the other jeans-hunters out there...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results