shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite shampoo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I was curious what type of shampoo everyone uses? I recently purchased *Sexy hair brand and I have tried it once and already I LOVE it. I have very fine, color treated hair, and they recommended that I use this brand of shampoo. It''s the Chocolate Soymilk shampoo, that is sulfate free. It smells amazing and left my hair feeling wonderful!

What brands do you all use?

sexyhair79.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Favorite shampoo totally depends on your hair type!
I have LARGE and out of CONTROL frizzy hair.
I LOVE Laminents by Sebastion. It is big and heavy shampoo that calms my monster hair and gives it shine. It smells nice too.
I''m a firm believer in the right shampoo for your hair type.
When I got my BIG hair tamed with the asian straightening thing, I couldn''t use the laminents anymore, because my hair was too flat.
so...

honeybee

Rough_Rock
The only Shampoo that I have found to work on my crazy hair is Paul Mitchell''s Super Skinny Shampoo & Conditioner. I have super fine naturally curly hair, and other shampoos either dry it out & make it ultra frizzy and wild, or make it stick to my head like a helmet..or the really unfortunate combo of both
23.gif
those are not good hair days.

The P.M. combo makes my hair ultra soft and smooth w/ out weighing it down, which is really nice. Plus it fits into my "must not buy products tested on animals" mantra, so that a huge extra bonus.

Super_Skinny_T_products.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've tried a bunch of different brands, from all price ranges. The only one I like the the Neutrogena clear pink one. My hair feels clean but not dried out and the smell is neutral.

neutrogena.jpg

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i have waist length hair, wavy baby fine, and striving for longer. i need long hair for historical reenactment stuff i do on weekends.

i do the "curly girl" routine (long hair community forum) of washing -- using alberto VO5 kiwi and lime conditioner as the shampoo. Yes, you scrub your head with the conditioner; it lathers and everything. it''s very nice!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like some of the Frederic Fekkai and Bumble and Bumble stuff. I have thick dry curly hair that I have blown out usually a couple times per week. I also color it so I like stuff that is moisturizing. My old hair dresser from when I lived in L.A., Chaz Dean, invented some stuff that is like what Lady Kemma mentioned...it is a cleansing conditioner that has no lathering agents. It cleans without stripping the hair. He has his own website now and also sells on QVC I think. A lot of celebs supposedly use it, it takes time to get accustomed to not having tons of lather when you shampoo, but he claims the stuff cleans and does not take away the good things, and that the hair is much healthier for it. It comes in a couple different scents and formulas and I just got mine, still not sure about it but cannot hurt to try...all the celebs he mentions that use it have gorgeous hair!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
My sister in law turned me on to Frederic Fekkai products. I use the glossing shampoo and conditioner twice a week and once a week, the apple cider clarifying shampoo, which smells like your mother''s hair salon that she went to when you were a kid. (nice memory) It lathers up wonderfully and cleans the products off of your hair.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Believe it or not, I love Suave''s salon knock-off line. I used to use the Awapuhi until it disappeared from my store, and now I''m loving the Daily Moisture. Does great for my thick, curly hair. And it''s like $2 a bottle!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2006 9:49:52 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
My sister in law turned me on to Frederic Fekkai products. I use the glossing shampoo and conditioner twice a week and once a week, the apple cider clarifying shampoo, which smells like your mother''s hair salon that she went to when you were a kid. (nice memory) It lathers up wonderfully and cleans the products off of your hair.
I love the Frederic Fekkai Technician shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair - really first rate products!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
He has some great stuff. Kiehls also just came out with some products that have olive extract or oil in them, I bought it but have not tried it. the other stuff I like is Kerastase, it is by L''oreal, and in Europe is found in drug store type stores, but here is only found in salons. they have many different lines for all types of hair, I use the pink or orange bottles, for dry, curly, colored, thick etc hair. Really nice products too. I mix up what I use, find that it just seems better to not always use the same things. my hair seems to get used to something after a while, and then it acts up.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I have thick coarse textured hair. Currently I am using Joico K-pac shampoo & every second shampoo I use Neutrogena anti residue shampoo. For conditioner I two I alternate: Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Milk conditioner which is a great conditioner any hair type can use & when I need deep conditioning Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner which is heavy duty stuff, excellent for thick/course textured hair types. Im not loyal to one brand though I love lots of different lines. Sexyhairconcepts, B&B,Aveda, neutrogena, Redken....

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I just use Pantene Smooth & Sleek. I used to use salon shampoo lines and then I realized they have the same ole ingredients as drugstore shampoo, at like 400% the price.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I use the infusium 23 shampoo and conditioner. I love it! I got a bad perm and it was a miracle. Smells really neutral too, so it doesn''t compete with perfume or lotions or anything.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mokey, it is a good point about scent. I love certain smells, and if I am not going to wear perfume than I do not mind my shampoo smelling strongly. Otherwise, it is nice to have a more subtle smell so it does not conflict with other frangrances.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I use Joico K pac products--shampoo and conditioners. Or Aveda products (damage control)--that have protein replacement as my colored treated hair seems to require it.

cheers--Sharon

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Philip B products are wonderful!! I have med/fine hair texture, but a lot of it. I've been using the African Shea Butter Shampoo & Deep Conditioner from the Philip B line and I absolutely love it. He makes a Hair "Facial" Kit that is wonderful as well. It includes a rejuvinating oil, Peppermint/Avocado Cleanser, Deep Conditioner and a Spray Detangler. The shampoo is fragrance free, and the other products have a nice, light scent.

After blow drying, I use his Shin Shine spray, which smells amazing and leaves my hair extremely shiny and healthy-looking!

www.philipb.com

I think I could do an info-mercial for Philip B.
emsmilep.gif

I've turned several friends on to these products and everyone has been amazed at the difference it has made in their hair.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2006 2:05:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I use Joico K pac products--shampoo and conditioners. Or Aveda products (damage control)--that have protein replacement as my colored treated hair seems to require it.

cheers--Sharon
I love Aveda products also. They smell wonderful!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Cristophe Beverly Hills Hair Care

they have this two step conditioner / heat activating fortifying treatment - omg

the elasticity in my hair is perfect - I don''t break hairs off, when I comb it wet I can FEEL that my hair is stronger - perfect condition like I haven''t felt in years - love, love, love

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Frederik Fekkai products are great, but pricey. I love their hair mask treatment. For a great feel and smell I use Flex. My favorite is the old Agree shampoo. I have a few bottles saved for special occasions.
emwink.gif
I LOVE that shampoo.
emlove.gif
For some reason the new Agree doesn''t smell as nice.
emangry.gif
I usually use pantene on a daily basis.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Fructis Length and Strength! My hair really isn''t breaking as much, it''s easier to brush, and my hair is fluffier!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I have hair that is about three inches past my shoulders, naturally curly/wavy, normal with occassional dry ends. I currently use Enjoy shampoo and conditioner on my hair, largely in part to my hairstylist. I love the fact that it is sulfate free and good for my hair. I use the Neutrogena deep intensive conditioner about twice a week for the ends of my hair. I also use the FrizzEase Smooth Control with my daily conditioner. It helps to smooth out the cutucle while I am still in the shower rinsing my hair.

I have a host of after shower Bumble and Bumble products that I alternate with to assist with the end result of my hair. I find that if I use a silicone serum on the last 2 inches of my hair along with some leave in conditioners from B&B, I have soft, strong luscious hair.

I use a little of a shampoo that enhances the curl in my hair to change things up about once or twice a week. I am not overly brand name loyal when it comes to shampoo. I just know it has to be sulfate free due to the weave in my hair and the smell has to be nice without being overpowering.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I really like the pureology line of products from California. They are expensive, but a little bit goes a long way.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Matrix Biolage... my mom has used them for years, and the smell is just HEAVENLY. I used to stick with various drugstore brands... Dove was one of my favs, but I really notice a difference with whatever is in the Biologe formula. My hair is long, straight, fine and there is LOTS of it... so I need products that will tame it a bit. Otherwise there is no shape at all, just one big poofy mass down my back.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I have curly hair just passed my shoulders, and I love the L''Oréal Curl Vive hair care line. My hair''s sninier, softer and less frizzy, and it fits my budget!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Some sort of thick, green, stuff with olive oil in it..the kid bought it for me last Christmas in huge bottles. She likes John Freda, with some Biolage conditioner on the weekends.
Her hair is curlier than mine, and color treated, mine is prone to drying out even though I don''t color it or use heat on it.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Redken Color Extend for color-treated hair.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I have curly hair. So, when I wear my hair straight or up, I love Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner. The conditioner helps tame my curls without weighing down my hair too much. When I to let nature do it''s work and go curly, I use Strictly Curls shampoo and conditioner. It''s great! Strictly Curls hair lotion is also great for defining the curls too. It''svery easy to use and works every time.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone tried any products that are designed to enhance blonde/brunette hair? I have used Aveda Blue Malva, and I love the way it brings out blonde highlights - but it doesn''t lather up enough for me.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Lack of lather can actually be a sign that the shampoo is on the gentle side. The detergents/sulfates are what make the lather, and you don''t necessarily need lather to get clean.

lucyh

Rough_Rock
Redken Clear Moisture. the conditioner is light enough to use everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results