shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Jeweler for CS

estelle

Rough_Rock
I hope I am doing this right. I am looking for a reliable bench to set colored stones in mostly stock settings (like Stuller). I need someone to set my pieces in a timely manner without damaging the stones. So, they need to be familiar with how to handle stones softer than diamonds. Someone who communicates appropriately is important. Meaning - providing quotes and anticipated completion dates on the front end and tracking on the back end. Thoughts? Who do you use if you don't have anyone locally? Thank you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For non custom work, it is best to find a jeweller/bench local to you. A good tip is to find a jeweller who has an in-house bench, look at their CS work and check out their reviews.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another option is Michael E of the Gem Shoppe - http://www.gemshoppe.com/ - he is an excellent jeweler/benchman/craftsman and very familiar with, and knowledgeable about, colored gemstones as well as diamonds. He has done at least a half-dozen rings for me, for my CS - mostly Stuller/Adwar components but some custom work too - all beautifully done. He is quite responsive and communicative, and generally has completed projects within his initial quoted time-period although I seem to recall there may have been a bit of delay once or twice, but any projects where I had a hard deadline were always timely completed. I highly recommend him - like you, I do not have a local jeweler that I trust with CS and I find Michael to be skilled, reliable, and amenable to discussing alternatives to fit a budget.

eta: just wanted to let you know he has made 14kt and 18kt gold rings for me, and is willing to work in Sterling Silver and Argentium Silver, and I know he also works in Platinum. And, he can obtain any side-stones you may need, colored stones or diamonds.

estelle

Rough_Rock
Wow, thank you kindly Mary, I will have to reach out to him. I appreciate the information.

zephyr

Shiny_Rock
I use SL Jewelers in San Diego. Steve is his name. HIs phone is 619-232-7575 and his email is [email protected]

He is great and inexpensive. I have used him for 10 years now.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marymm|1392833164|3618631 said:
Another option is Michael E of the Gem Shoppe - http://www.gemshoppe.com/ - he is an excellent jeweler/benchman/craftsman and very familiar with, and knowledgeable about, colored gemstones as well as diamonds. He has done at least a half-dozen rings for me, for my CS - mostly Stuller/Adwar components but some custom work too - all beautifully done. He is quite responsive and communicative, and generally has completed projects within his initial quoted time-period although I seem to recall there may have been a bit of delay once or twice, but any projects where I had a hard deadline were always timely completed. I highly recommend him - like you, I do not have a local jeweler that I trust with CS and I find Michael to be skilled, reliable, and amenable to discussing alternatives to fit a budget.

eta: just wanted to let you know he has made 14kt and 18kt gold rings for me, and is willing to work in Sterling Silver and Argentium Silver, and I know he also works in Platinum. And, he can obtain any side-stones you may need, colored stones or diamonds.

I know Michael has posted recently, however I contacted him a year ago and he was not doing independent work due to a full time+ commitment with a jewelry maker. Has that changed? Is he available for work now? Michael are you reading this and can you comment?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
digdeep|1392859703|3618973 said:
marymm|1392833164|3618631 said:

I know Michael has posted recently, however I contacted him a year ago and he was not doing independent work due to a full time+ commitment with a jewelry maker. Has that changed? Is he available for work now? Michael are you reading this and can you comment?

Oh gosh, I have no info on this - the most recent email exchange I had with Michael about a potential project was last fall, which I ended up not doing. I'll be sad and a bit lost if he is no longer available for this kind of work.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope he will answer......and in the best of all worlds my info would be 'wrong'!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results