shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite custom jeweler?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
For those of you that have had jewelry custom made, who is your favorite?

I know about Leon and Whiteflash, but I think they may be out of my budget range unless I wait a few months to get my new ring made, and I''d really rather not. (Excited!!!) I have just over 1k to spend, and I want something very similar to this, but just a few small changes (Thanks Dani). Who do you ladies and gents suggest?

pb6.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
monkey, many times custom will actually cost more than buying a stock setting b/c it has to be made from scratch where a designer setting might already have molds they can reuse.

you might try Knox jewelers..i''ve heard their pricing is good but cannot attest to the workmanship. i think you''re going to have a hard time getting a setting like Dani''s for 1K though.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
MP-

Why dont you give Mark at ERD a call about my setting (he custom made it for me). Maybe in WG? I would just give him a call and see what he says. He is so nice!
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh thanks Dani! That might be a good idea - he may still have the mold!

And I am discovering you are right mrssalvo - what I think is small changes to an existing setting, actually isn''t. I know emerald basket settings are common because of the shape, and I figured a few small things would be easy, but according to everyone I have contacted it really isn''t. I know I am just being impatient (geez I feel 5 all over again with this stone), so I am trying to just wait until I have the cash in hand to buy what I want.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2008 12:40:43 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

And I am discovering you are right mrssalvo - what I think is small changes to an existing setting, actually isn''t. I know emerald basket settings are common because of the shape, and I figured a few small things would be easy, but according to everyone I have contacted it really isn''t. I know I am just being impatient (geez I feel 5 all over again with this stone), so I am trying to just wait until I have the cash in hand to buy what I want.

I got a quote back today from a jeweller. It wasn''t that expensive, but more than I want to pay. I have the same problem you do, a small change in my mind isn''t so small in the designer''s mind.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 2:13:29 PM
Author: Addy

Date: 7/3/2008 12:40:43 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

I got a quote back today from a jeweller. It wasn''t that expensive, but more than I want to pay. I have the same problem you do, a small change in my mind isn''t so small in the designer''s mind.
Ack, it''s hard waiting isn''t it? This is one of those times when I wish I could do it myself lol!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve changed my mind, the quote is expensive. I found a similar, but not close enough, stock setting for $775. The quote for custom was $1500-$1800. I probably like the setting about a $1000 more but I can''t afford that much more.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 4:30:08 PM
Author: Addy
I''ve changed my mind, the quote is expensive. I found a similar, but not close enough, stock setting for $775. The quote for custom was $1500-$1800. I probably like the setting about a $1000 more but I can''t afford that much more.
When I asked the jeweler that quoted me so much, he said the cost of the new mold alone was enough to bump the price up that much. It seems to be the same everywhere, even if the setting you want is VERY similar to an already existing one.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Why not check with Wink Jones. He is the nicest guy to deal with, his prices are great, and he has a stellar new bench that is doing some amazing work. I just had them complete a vintage inspired oec five stone setting for me and I couldn''t be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results