shape
carat
color
clarity

Your expert opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wazzu Cody

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I have been dealing with an on-line jeweler and think that I have narrowed my diamond search down to only a couple of diamonds. Here is the one that I am considering purchasing based on the information that I know. I have all of the diamond characteristics but don''t have the actual certificate to see where the inclusion/s are. The information is below. The jeweler faxed me the GIA cert that also included the AGS information copied onto it (I guess it was graded by both?). The HCA scores it a 1.8 and the price is $5225

Here is the information that is on the certificate.

AGS INFORMATION
IDEAL BRILLIANT AGS 2 (1.198 ct)
DIAM. 6.86MM (6.84-6.89) x 4.19
DEPTH 61.1%
CROWN 32.2 (14.2% AGS 2)
PAVILLION 41.3 (43.2% AGS 0)
TABLE 3.71MM (54.0% AGS 0)
CULET 0.7% (AGS 0)
GIRDLE 2.3% (1.8-3.0%)

GIA. INFORMATION
DIAM. (6.84x6.8
4.gif
x 4.19
DEPTH 61.1%
TABLE 55%
GIRDLE—MEDIUM TO SLIGHTLY THICK
CULET-NONE
POLISH-VERY GOOD
SYMMETRY-GOOD
COLOR-G
CLARITY GRADE-SI1

What is the consensus? Should I continue to search for the perfect diamond for my price range ($5000-$5500) or have I found a pretty good deal?

Any advice would be appreciated! (Brutal honesty is best)

Thanks guys.
3.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Wazzu,

Ran your specs through DiamCalc and came up with alot of good combo's even adjusting the minors. This is a simulated LightScope image which shows a decent amount of dark reds under the table as well as a nice balance of blacks throughout the stone ... HOWEVER this is using 55% stars and 80% lower girdles and your stone may be *different*. Of course this graphic assumes incredile 3 dimensional symmetry.

My advice to you at this point is to further this confirmation with a REAL optical analysis by an appraiser who can do so.

The angles and table size seem to work on this one but NO GUARANTEES could be made until actually checked out. This is strictly off the cuff.

One such appraiser I'd recommend is the RockDoc @ www.consumersgemlab.com for confirmation.

Kind regards,
Rhino

wazzu01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results