shape
carat
color
clarity

Your dream stone -- what are planning to get in the future?

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Ok.. What stone is everyone thinking of getting next to add to their collection?

1) What if you had a million dollars and could get your dream stone?

2) What are you looking (realistically) in getting next?

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Re: Your dream stone -- what are planning to get in the futu

1) My dream stone would be a 1 -3 carat natural blue or red diamond

2) My next gem will probably be a tanzanite. But, that's maybe next year or the year after...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

txgreeneyes|1339986977|3218467 said:
Ok.. What stone is everyone thinking of getting next to add to their collection?

2) What are you looking (realistically) in getting next?

1. Windex blue spinel. If we're talking not just stones, HELLO TSAVORITE PARURE!

2. I have a whole stack of projects to work on, so I'm reaching towards those. For now the list has no stones except melee because I don't have the budget for anything else!

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

quote="txgreeneyes|1339986977|3218467"]Ok.. What stone is everyone thinking of getting next to add to their collection?

2) What are you looking (realistically) in getting next?[/quote]

1) Deep Blue Diamond...like the Hope!

2) Sapphire...I think I found one (fingers crossed...)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

A dream stone would take a lot more thinking about... but ones I'm interested in exploring further are:
a moonstone
star sapphire
amazonite

and a spinel - not sure what colour yet, but I know I'd like a good stone. Who knows if I'll follow thru on any of these ideas, but that's just what's rolling around at the moment... until the wind changes then I'm all over the map again!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

This is a fun thread!

(1) a 1-2 carat blue or light green diamond

(2) A yellow sapphire. Sapphire is my birthstone, so really I want one in every color :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1. A red diamond.
2. A nice blue color change garnet. Not much else on my jewelry list to be honest.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

1) Perfect settings for all my loose stones.

2) A setting.

I just want to set the stones I have. Not an exciting answer, but I'm finding setting much harder then buying loose stones.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmm, tough question!

I'd have to say:
A 1+ carat vivid orange diamond;
A vivid, clear and glowing, bluish green emerald, untreated of course; and
A healthy design and setting budget for all the stones I'd like to have set.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock

1. Huge untreated glowing colombian emerald (the one like Angelina Jolie's ring)

2. Something "peach/flesh" color like a Hibiscus... Hopefully before this year ends.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock

1. A million would not be enough for my dream stone. :lol:
2. A pair of stones for earrings, most likely something bluish.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A fully natural 2 ct Fancy Vivid Blue or Fancy Intense Green Octavia VVS diamond.
I think a 2 ct Fancy Vivid Green or Fancy Red would be too dark to return the light I desire.

I'd also love to have a 2 ct emerald cut Kashmir Sapphire if the best cut and clarity.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So many dream stones, not enough money - $1M is insufficient for my dream stone but here's a few wishes.
1. FCD (pink, red, blue, purple) of at least 2 carats with fancy vivid colouration.
2. Untreated ruby of Burmese origin as big as I have the funds for (3 ct? 4 ct? 5 ct?)

As of now, I don't have anything in mind but am waiting to complete a few setting projects. Haven't seen anything nice enough to bite lately.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

1- A large cushion cut par. tourmlaine in the 5+ category
2-Either a cushion cut sapphire by Jeff White ( I think I might wait on this till the sapphire crase is over) and working on my detachable gemstones and diamond earrings

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock

If I somehow got my hands on $1mil, I know a certain spot in Georgia I would be camped out at for a while. I'd also be tossing a pile of cash at George Ellis to cut me a bunch of JXR's for a high-end 1-of-a-kind necklace full of 10 ct+ JXR's...Might also have to make a trip to Tuscon and pick up a real nice demantoid or two as well as some nice benitoites....

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1. A ginormous hot pink or pinkish red spinel pear. In a halo setting. Someone here has that ring, and it's totally my dream ring.

2. A tsavorite. I love the tsavorite pendant I bought from MakingTheGrade, and I am trying to find something affordable that matches in color to put in a matching ring.

I'm also trying to talk my fiance into a ruby (or red spinel) wedding ring... I originally wanted my e-ring to be an eternity band with alternating diamonds, sapphires, and rubies, but Fiance thought it was way too Americana (and needed a center stone). I have ten 3mm red spinels in another ring, a stupid-looking ring that I never wear, but the spinels are a lovely color. I don't know if I would want just a half-eternity bezel band with milgrain, or alternating with diamonds (in which case it'd probably be more like 3/4 or full eternity. But the price of a platinum setting is more than I can afford and so it would have to be subsidized by the manthing.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

1- A 2.5 Luc Yen blue spinel
2- I want an inexpensive Asscher, to see how they perform and if I am going to love it as much as I think. Although I may get something in an auction that ends today :naughty:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Great thread!

I don't want a million stone, I don't think. Dream CS right now is a sapphire that glows like Arkteia's. A nice and fat one, but not overhuge.

Most likely next gemstone -- two sphene cushions for earrings. On the smallish side.

And, as others have mentioned, settings!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results