shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Cherrpicked.com experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SeattleSapphire

Rough_Rock
Yes...sorry for the mistake in the topic title! Heh.

Hello, everyone! I'm exploring the possibility of buying a small (1.0-1.5) carat stone from Cherrypicked.com and have them make me a platinum engagement ring to match it. Has anyone out there bought from them before? If so, can you tell me about your experience?

I hear them mentioned often in this forum, but I rarely hear about whether people buy from them or not. I saw a thread about this very topic posted late last year and nobody responded. Surely someone out there has bought from them! Thanks!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I bought from them late last year. Exceptional gem - exceptional sales experience.

1.5ct gem is "small" ????

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''ve purchased three stones from them and was very satisfied. Richard Orbach is a delight to work with...

widget

b_b

Rough_Rock
I have had an excellent buying experience with Cherry Picked.

When I took the stone to have it appraised locally, the appraiser knew them very well and said only good things about them. He also stated that he could count on one hand the number of places in the United States where a normal consumer should buy a colored gemstone, and Cherry Picked is on that list.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2005 4:25:01 PM
Author: b_b
I have had an excellent buying experience with Cherry Picked.

When I took the stone to have it appraised locally, the appraiser knew them very well and said only good things about them. He also stated that he could count on one hand the number of places in the United States where a normal consumer should buy a colored gemstone, and Cherry Picked is on that list.

Hey b_b !

Has been a while since we heard from you! I remember that stunning Burma sapphire engagement ring you had made. You had a link posted a long time ago - with a picture - that old link does not work. Can you post another picture of your gals ring? Or email me and I can post. We need it for the colored stone eye candy folder.

raddygast

Shiny_Rock
I really wanted to like Cherrypicked.com, but it just didn''t work out for me. I can''t say I had a bad experience, but apart from a couple of initial emails in which Richard Orbach was very helpful, I heard nothing from them. I''m surprised you all have had good experiences, because from what I gather cherrypicked is for people with really fat wallets and large collector portfolios.

It could, of course, be the fact that what I was asking for was way too difficult to find in the price range I had mentioned. But I would have expected them to at least get back to me with a couple of candidates, i.e. "This one is as good as you want, but is expensive, this one is the price you want, but not that great." Instead I just heard nothing and gave up.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I purchased a few stones from Cherrypicked.com. I only have good things to say about them Richard Orbach is very pleasent to work with. I even went up to see him once last year when I was in NYC. He showed me some of his beautiful stones even though he new they were too rich for me. One of the items I bought was a small pair of round paraiba tourmalines. They are the best small paraiba I''ve ever seen.

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a pair of emeralds from Cherry Picked. I spoke with them multiple times over several months. I appreciated Richard''s honesty, and I was able to tell him exactly what I did and didnt want.
In short, my experience was great.

Do I think this was budget shopping? No- I would guess I paid a 5-10% premium for Cherry picked. However, I have had enough experience buying colored gems, that to me, the piece of mind of trusting the person I was buying from was worth it.

Sometimes ( not always) , you do get what you pay for. It was Soooo worth it!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
On the subject of cost

I got a good deal from Cherrypicked. According to the expert appraising of Richard Sherwood - my sapphire was right in the range of “internet prices” - which is notably cheaper than low or high end retail prices.

Does cherrypicked sell some rare high-end gems - yes - but they do so at less than retail prices. In my experience you definitely get what you pay for with them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little OT, do they sell Pariba Tourmaline??? Does anyone know of a good source for Pariba?? I''m thinking of doing a RHR with Pariba in the center and pink sapphire for sides. Is that a yummy combination or what???

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mjo bought some paraiba from them. if you''re looking for paraiba kaleigh, i would pm him for some info.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks belle, I will.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results