shape
carat
color
clarity

Young Ladies in Waiting

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're welcome ladies! The most important thing for us is that we were both on the same page with everything. We knew what we wanted and what we were actually going to be able to have. We had a lot of compromise and challenges getting married so young, I was much further ahead in my career than my husband was and we definitely had things to work through.

I can tell you one thing, the best thing we did was live together before the wedding. We had been staying over each others places for a few years, practically every night, but when you bring all of your stuff together and really live together, that's a whole different story. It took me many months to get used to sharing everything with someone else and I'm glad that we were used to it before the wedding. All of that stressed piled into one, getting married and living together, that I can't imagine!

Now everything is pretty easy sailing. I don't really feel like I have missed out on being young as some people have mentioned, my husband and I go out all the time! I also have my own friends and do my own things and he has his own friends and he does his own thing. We still have our own lives apart from each other. It did take awhile but I think we've found a good balance and we're happy so that's all that matters for us.

The one thing we wont be doing anytime soon, kids! We love being together and both agree that we don't need to add anyone else to our equation for a good long time.

Once again,

Good luck ladies!

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
Um.. I think I am the youngest, at 18. I'll turn 19 in three weeks. I'm sort of a LIW. We've talked about marriage and want to get married but are going to wait a bit. I just got into medical school (early assurance) and would like to be married before I start or soon after. I'll be around 20, 21 then. To me, age is a number.

I love him and want to be with him. I think someone said this earlier on the boards, but when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want to start your new life as soon as possible.

For me, I'm obsessed with diamonds. Part of why I want to be engaged (sub-consciously) is because I want a diamond. He did tell me recently though, that he wouldn't get one for me. Reason being: I wouldn't wear it after the wedding. Which is probably true, but I hate to admit that. I can't stand wearing multiple rings.

Pro of being young - you don't develop any "single" habits that might make it hard to live together. You can experience an exciting time of your life together. And, one of my favorites, eventually you can be the couple on the dance floor at your grandchild's wedding who has been married for the longest. I've always dreamed of being married for like 50+ years.

Maybe I'm silly. Perhaps immature. But I feel mature, and I don't think my age has anything to do with how I feel about someone. I know deep down I want him to be the one to pick me when I have those life experiences that are difficult and make you grow.

Just my opinion.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
read.bradie said:
Pro of being young - you don't develop any "single" habits that might make it hard to live together. You can experience an exciting time of your life together. And, one of my favorites, eventually you can be the couple on the dance floor at your grandchild's wedding who has been married for the longest. I've always dreamed of being married for like 50+ years..

Me too : )

Congratulations on pre-acceptance!! I wish I would have realized that med-school was the right path for me when I was a senior. Oh well, we live and we learn.

SO has seen me through all the hard times thus far, the MCAT, applying to med-school, taking physics : P and I want him to be sitting in the audience when I'm cloaked in my white coat, and to be there when the crazies decide to give me my M.D. : P so I understand how you feel.

Welcome to the LIW and especially this thread.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I just turned 24, and my boyfriend is 26. We live in NC, but I'm originally from NY. Here, so many of my friends are already married with kids. Back in NY, most of my friends (from elem. school) are either single or in relationships, but not engaged or married yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results