shape
carat
color
clarity

You said he was good....and that his diamonds were better.....

Hetoldmenottodoit

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Like a lot of other people, I have spent far too much time on this forum reading interesting things, I've been tempted, I've been informed, I've been jealous AND I have been very surprised how often I have read about Jonathan Weingarten's from Distinctive Gems/August Vintage wonderful and caring treatment of his customers. I really started to think, can this guy be real as he seems to cast a spell over his customers and makes them write lovely things about his product and him.

So, bearing all of the above in mind, I decided to buy something from him (site unseen - I'm in Australia).

I wanted to arrange to have the diamond sent to my jeweller directly instead of to me and I also wanted a Customs Declaration Form completed to save me 5% Duty because of the Free Trade Agreement between America and Australia. This is where things became a bit work intensive for Jonathan's crew to complete the appropriate paperwork and just trying to understand it (from my point of view) was difficult - somehow I think Australian Customs made it more complicated than it should have been.

As I had asked for the diamond to go to my jeweller directly (because I live a couple of hundred kilometers from him), it apparently made them suspicious of me and thought I must have been trying to defraud the Government. Emails and phone calls were flying everywhere and I think a lot of time was spent by Jonathan's wife trying to ensure that all ended well - and it did.

Long story short, I await the delivery of my new diamond ring and it was only through the homework I have done on Pricescope which enabled me to have the confidence to purchase on line. Without your knowledge, so willingly shared, I would never have made this purchase from Jonathan. Thank you one and all and let's hope next year is a better year than this!

PS - Jonathan cast his spell on me also :lol:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news. As a fellow Aussie I know too well how hard it is to deal with Customs! Takes .7 of a second for them to charge you import fees but if they Overcharge you..., it took 9 months and countless forms, emails to get a partial refund.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
All‘s well that ends well. Fantastic news indeed! Please post as many pics as possible...excited to see your ring! Congrats!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy to hear your review. It's amazing when you find a vendor that goes above and beyond for you. Being in Australia we don't have much choice when it comes to diamonds so I hope that your testimonial will help other fellow Aussies who are looking at purchasing diamonds online sight unseen.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rhino and his wife are such sweethearts. I’m so glad everything turned out well with you purchase.

Now onto the most important part...where are the pictures?! :mrgreen:

Hetoldmenottodoit

Rough_Rock
I'm afraid there will be a wait for my ring because it can't be done before February. That's what happens when you deal with a jeweller that everyone goes to because of the quality of his work. Waiting, waiting, waiting.......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results