shape
carat
color
clarity

you know you're pregnant when....

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Sort of a spin off of the side effect thread...the funny things those dang hormones made you do.

Sooo...you know you are pregnant when a pampers commercial can make you cry.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
-You forget to put your car in park - like TEN times!
-Your vocabulary is lessened by at least 1,000 words.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I was gonna say the vocabulary shortage but I see pupp beat me to it.

Also, clumsiness. I broke the strangest, most unbreakable things while preggo and found it necessary to fall down flights of stairs and on anything non-slippery.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're fingers don't work when typing on a keyboard
You leave the stove lit all day after cooking breakfast on a workday

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You discover that there is a new and different level of tired. A whole new type of tired.

Oh, and the smell of nail varnish makes you sick (well, it did me, anyway).

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, whoever does the marketing for Pampers is a genius. There is one commercial that came out just as I had my baby (and let's face it, I was watching a lot of TV). And the nurse wheels the baby into the room, and the mother has this look on her face like "Oh my gosh...what do I do with this thing" and the nurse touches her shoulder, so as to say "Go ahead, you can do it". It's so sweet. And then there's the one about how you take a million pictures of your baby doing the same thing, and how when your baby keeps crying you wonder "When will I get a quiet moment?" and when your baby is quiet, you think "Oh no, is something wrong?". Genius ideas. They really know how to reach hormonal women bc both of those make me tear up, and tears were short coming before I had my baby.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you are in a restaurant and get up to go to the bathroom, spy a path between tables/chairbacks that looks passable, and then promptly belly check onew chair and butt check the other as you try to "squeeze" through the seemingly huge space.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
when you can't tie your shoes no matter how much pregnancy yoga you've been doing.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
MustangGal|1303850665|2905601 said:
when you can't tie your shoes no matter how much pregnancy yoga you've been doing.

Haha, this!

When crossing your legs becomes a thing of the past.
When you have to stop and really think about the word you wanted to say, and it won't come to you.
When your belly starts knocking things off the table, desk, etc.
When you have a button undone/stain on your shirt all day and have no idea, because you haven't seen that part of your stomach for months.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1303843735|2905518 said:
You're fingers don't work when typing on a keyboard
You leave the stove lit all day after cooking breakfast on a workday[/quote

Check.....left the stove on tonight after making lemon bars (why does everything sour taste so good?) But luckily DH caught it, and we were home.

Keep 'em coming! These are great!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
.... when every shirt that actually fits has a food stain down the front :-o

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
When your muffin top is actually cute!

(pregnancy = best sex ever

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it's 30 degrees out, you're barely clothed, have a fan blowing on you and you're STILL sweating - all while DH is bundled up next you in sweat pants and a hooded sweatshirt under the covers!

Oh, and you interupt DH during an important business meeting to find out where he hid the M&Ms - that you ASKED him to hide from you.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
MonkeyPie|1303871033|2905901 said:
MustangGal|1303850665|2905601 said:

Haha, this!

When your belly starts knocking things off the table, desk, etc.

...yet you're sitting perfectly still in a chair. :bigsmile:

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Your ankles are the same size as your legs. ::)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Lots of good ones here -- I don't have much to add. I will say that if you think the vocabulary and general memory loss during pregnancy is bad, just wait until you are really sleep deprived from dealing with an infant or toddler. I feel like my IQ has dropped the last 3 years.

You know you have reached the third trimester when you can no longer see the urine sample cups to aim properly. :rolleyes:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
You shout at the Deputy Prime Minister in the middle of the street and then when he walks off down the road you run after him, stamp your foot and say 'Come back here, I haven't finished yet!'... :oops:

(Oh and I do know him very well and we were having a 'discussion', I wasn't just some random person in the street)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results