shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you are old when....

Turbodoug

Rough_Rock
you know you're old when all your stereo equipment is 1970s and people are jealous

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my time, us kids WERENT allowed in the house in daylight hours - we were expected to be outside playing, riding our bikes, going on adventures and making lots of noise - these days everyone wants to keep their kids inside because there’s bad people everywhere.
In my time everyone else’s parents were called “Mr Smith, Mrs Smith or Sir or Mam” - these days parents are called by the first name if any name is even used.
In my time anyone’s parent, catching up up to no good, could chastise you and send you home in disgrace, if caught doing something dangerous, even give you a clip behind the ear or a smack on the leg - these days no other parent even dares speak to your kid or could be bothered getting involved. And no one can even touch a kid, even yelling is considered “abuse”.
In my time TV was a treat. Us kids got one hour on Saturday evening and one hour on Sunday evening plus watching the news every night - these days kids would be lucky to spend an hour AWAY from the TV, Video, IPad, Game console etc.
I miss the old days sometimes.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you get home from your neighbor's New Year's Eve dinner party and it's not even 10:30 pm :lol-2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When your DH isn't sure he wants to go grocery shopping with you because you lectured another group of teenagers the last time he was along.

When your ankles are so swollen you have to wear slippers are n public for a week and don't even mind. Then consider finding slippers that look like shoes because they were just so comfortable.

When the leadership class at the college asks you to be in the video showing how diverse the student population is. They already have lots of young people featured and need someone to show that old people attend the school too.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have inexpensive readers (eyeglasses) in every room and colors to match every outfit.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have inexpensive readers (eyeglasses) in every room and colors to match every outfit.

Haha yes! I could have written this post. So many readers everywhere and in every color and yes magnification/power. I need stronger ones for small print and less strong ones for normal size print. LOL. At least aging is another excuse for accessorizing with style.:kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you still insist on retaining *some* pubic hair as a point of principle.

Lol. I’m just happy I still *have* pubic hair. :lol:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you remember what you did 50 years ago but can’t remember what you did 5 minutes ago.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, it's saying, "Oh kids these days," often...And by 'kids,' I mean 20-something's. o_O

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you really don't care what others think of you and realize it truly is none of your business. The only thing that matters is what *you* think of you and what others think is on them and has little to do with you. IMO. :cheeky:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a side hobby than involves a lot of young people aged in their late teens to early twenties. You read their tweets and often have NO idea what they are on about and find the way they speak fascinating!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you really don't care what others think of you and realize it truly is none of your business. The only thing that matters is what *you* think of you and what others think is on them and has little to do with you. IMO. :cheeky:

Yes yes yes to this @missy !! I too have come to realize that I honestly don't give a damn what others think of me! It's truly liberating!

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
would you like a cookie or a Bozo Button?
Makes perfect sense.

You know you're old when "Back in the day" you (meaning me) were part of the original Rat Pack that ran amuck through the halls of PriceScope back in the Frontier Days of the Wild West that is now commonly known as the internet, having just been kicked off of that other forum with all your friends for being outspoken bad boys ;-)

LOL. And you remember being excited about being able to send/receive copies of diamond grading reports by FAX :rolleyes:

Don't get me started, but for the record, I'm younger than Brian Gavin or Wink Jones :-o:lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone is younger than Wink.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know you're old when "Back in the day" you (meaning me) were part of the original Rat Pack that ran amuck through the halls of PriceScope back in the Frontier Days of the Wild West that is now commonly known as the internet, having just been kicked off of that other forum with all your friends for being outspoken bad boys ;-)

LOL. And you remember being excited about being able to send/receive copies of diamond grading reports by FAX :rolleyes:

Don't get me started, but for the record, I'm younger than Brian Gavin or Wink Jones :-o:lol:

Show some respect you young pipsqueak! (you are probably old if you have heard or ever used the word!)

You are even older if you remember when GIA routinely used split grades, F-G, VS2-SI1, to more accurately describe a diamond. Of course, a 1 carat D-IF was less than $4,000 back then too...

Wink

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

....young sales folk call you Ma'am! I know I know it is respectful...and I was charmed but felt old at the same time.:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results