Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

You guys gave me the courage to try to right an old wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was all pre-PS, of course; and it doesn''t paint ME in the most favorable light. But, I''m so pleased that I''m attempting to rectify this situation: Here goes. Four years ago my husband bought me a 5+ carat tennis bracleet from a beautiful independent B&M. He was a good customer, btw,and bought me many gift there. (@$12K). When I had the bracelet sized 4 diamonds/links were removed. In an impulsive act I handed over the 4 diamonds, my gorgeous, clean .70 tcw studs and $500 cash and traded them fot a pair of 1 ctw earrings - can you immagine - the whole transaction took place when I went to pick-up the bracelet and took all of 10 minutes! Well, the earrings are very white and sparkly, but do have inclusions - I''ve NEVER been happy about what I did, but I guess I was too embarassed to confront it. Well, last week I wrote the jeweler a letter (we don''t live in that state anymore). Two days later the owner called me back, and called 2 more times before he reached me. I''m going to return the earrings and get some that I''m really happy about. I know this is a crazy, rambling rant, but I''m so happy I asserted myself. You guys gave me the confidence to do this. I''ll keep you posted on the final outcome. I really doubt he''s going to leave me unhappy again.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you! Get something really pretty!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful and refreshing story! Good for you and good for your jeweler for taking care of you. Please keep us posted!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful, and you know you have a good B&M jewelry when they want to make things right and make you happy. I''m so glad you are going to pick out something you love!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story! I hope that you find earrings you are happy with; I look forward to your update when you get them!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just love happy endings . . . and this sounds like it''s gonna be one!

Please come back and show us what you get and hooray for you!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great story, thanks for sharing it. I am so glad to hear your jeweler is being so obliging (as they should be). Come back with lots of pics!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad they are going to take care of you.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank-you so much for your kind words, everyone - they''re being shipped off tomorrow!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well - they''re on their way. I didn''t anticipate feeling bad at all, but I did feel a teeny bit like I''d betrayed my earrings that I''ve worn 24/7 for the past 4 years through all the ups and downs. I hope they go to someone who appreciates them!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Good for you! I hope you''re happy with your next pair!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it worked out for you! What a nice owner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    Astounding AVR
    Astounding AVR
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.