shape
carat
color
clarity

You found a gem that you love...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
But the vendor does not offer a setting that you like - what jeweler do you use for setting your lovely colored gems?

This is the first time I am exploring purchasing a gem online (I purchased my diamond upgrade and diamond band online recently with suggestions and feedback from folks here - and I''m just absolutely thrilled with the results - they sparkle more then any diamonds I''ve ever seen in real life!!!!)... so, Santa''s asking me for information about colored stones for a stocking stuffer for me, and I have some gems bookmarked that I absolutely love (earrings, rings and pendant) - what I''m wanting to do now is select the settings that I like. Now I''ve seen settings that I think the gems would look fantastic in!! However, I''m not sure how you go about selecting an appropriate setting for a colored stone, since they are cut differently and do not always measure ct for ct to a diamond.

So, do the wonderful minds that gather here have any suggestions to help a complete newbie out, please?

Thanks a bunch!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the coloured stone vendor that I am buying from does not carry settings that I like, I bring my stone in to the local jeweller and have them help find an appropriate setting. With the stone in hand, the local jeweller can see and make correct estimations as to what will fit my stone. Or, if there is another online jeweller that has settings I like, I will contact them and give approximate measurements (length, width and depth) of the stone for them to make recommendations.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wink did the setting for my tsavorite.

Leon Mege does beautiful work as well.

Depends on your budget really.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results