shape
carat
color
clarity

You can take me off the list... Engaged!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mynewobsession

Rough_Rock
I can''t even believe it myself, but it finally happened!! We''re engaged!!

My SO had planned on this big elaborate proposal to go down this weekend (of course I was none the wiser!). He kept telling me he wanted to put Christmas lights up on our house and I kept telling him, "No, it''s almost Christmas anyway... It''s too much work. Let''s forego the lights this year..." Yet he was adamant that he wanted to do them anyway. Well it turns out that he wanted to write "Will you marry me?" in lights in the yard! Unfortunately the best laid plans...

We ended up getting 2 feet of snow last night and it was still a blizzard this morning! To top it off, my SO came down with a bad cold and is feeling really crummy. He decided to abandon the original plan and ended up surprising me first thing this morning when I woke up! The best part about the proposal was what he said. He began, "I know I had told you I was planning something big and elaborate but sometimes life just gets in the way. I want you to know that I''ll always be here for you no matter what life throws at us and I love you very much. Will you marry me?" At that point I was still in shock (not to mention barely awake) and looked at him in disbelief. Finally I got out the words, "Of course!" and had him slip that sparkly baby on my finger!

It may not have been an elaborate scheme, but it was still incredibly sweet and definitely surprised me! I''m just excited to be able to wear my GORGEOUS ring!!

ring122108.JPG

mynewobsession

Rough_Rock
Here''s another... Unfortunately my camera takes crappy closeup photos!! I spent an hour trying to get a decent shot! Anyone have any tips for the right setting to use?

ring1221082.JPG

mynewobsession

Rough_Rock
This one is very blurry but shows some sparkle!! (by the way, I went to the grocery store this morning and was AMAZED by the fire in my ring! I''m not sure what kind of lighting they use... but it was awesome!

Thanks for looking!!

ring1221083.JPG

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! That''s a sweet proposal story! Your ring is very pretty too! You''ll need to start a thread in SMTR soon! Try using your camera''s macro (flower) setting for better close-ups. Can''t wait to see more pics!

(By the way, you must live somewhere in my neck of the woods. We''re in the middle of a blizzard too!)

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I prefer the very genuine and heartfelt proposal you got to an elaborate one, so HUGE CONGRATS! Your ring looks amazing and I''m sure you''re ecstatic :D

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Awe, very sweet! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
what a sweet proposal! and beautiful ring. can you tell us about your ring? Is it a princess cut?
Congrats!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweeeeeet proposal! Can''t wait to see more pics! Congrats!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your FI sounds like a sweetheart!

mynewobsession

Rough_Rock
Iowa Lizzy - Thank you so much!! I actually started a thread in SMTR when we ordered it from Whiteflash. You can see it here! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-shipping-today-and-its-beautiful.102022/

News_Girl - I agree! I thought the best part was what he said... I'm just glad he's going to be my husband. :)

Winks_Elf - Thank you!

happydreams - Yes, it's a princess cut. Here are the specs:
Report: AGS
. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 0.563
. Depth %: 74.7
. Table %: 68.5
. Crown Angle: 41.2
. Crown %: 12.3
. Pavilion Angle: 40.2
. Pavilion %: 59.2
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 4.46-4.45X3.33
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Very Strong
I can't wait to see it under a blue light to see it shine blue!

PrincessDijon - As soon as I figure out the macro mode, I'll post some more! Thanks!

ladypirate - He is the biggest sweetheart!

mynewobsession

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Iowa Lizzy for mentioning the flower icon - i finally got a few decent pics! They''re not in natural light unfortunately, but better than before!

ring1221084.JPG

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! There''s something so sweet about a simple proposal like yours! Lovely ring, the setting is really cool!

mynewobsession

Rough_Rock
There''s the fire I''ve been looking for!! That''s all for now... more later! :)

ring1221086.JPG

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
How sweet! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL. Very unique.
30.gif
Congrats!

AprilD

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Thats exciting news!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Aw, super sweet! Congratulations!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!
emcocktl.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! =)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
congrats!
36.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
congrats obsession
36.gif
gorgeous ring and very sweet proposal
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful, and your proposal sounds perfect. Wishing you and your new fiance much happiness!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I''m glad he didn''t let the circumstances ruin things for him because his original plans didn''t work out. There''s just something so beautifully sweet and intimate to me about a first-thing-in-the-morning proposal. I love it! And WOW is that a gorgeous ring! Starset princesses are just so gorgeous!! Congrats!!!!!
36.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is lovely!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 7:47:20 PM
Author: mynewobsession
There''s the fire I''ve been looking for!! That''s all for now... more later! :)

love it! the proposal was very sweet!!

congrats!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations! I hope your FIANCE feels better soon!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results