shape
carat
color
clarity

Yokdee Jade what are your thoughts on this store?

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
I’m really interested in buying a piece from this store but they seem quite expensive. The only piece of mind is that their jade is certified, although you pay for the official certificate of you request it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought a beaded bracelet from them and it was lovely.

I would definitely recommend them if you don't want to go around dealing with random sellers from China. I actually buy a lot from random sellers in China and I love it but it certainly has its challenges and I would not go around recommending it to people.

Yokdee, Ultimate Jadeite, Kathy, Li Hong all come with the slight premium and perhaps more limited stock but this is what I would recommend to be buyers.

Buying from China is not for the faint hearted.

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
I have bought a beaded bracelet from them and it was lovely.

I would definitely recommend them if you don't want to go around dealing with random sellers from China. I actually buy a lot from random sellers in China and I love it but it certainly has its challenges and I would not go around recommending it to people.

Yokdee, Ultimate Jadeite, Kathy, Li Hong all come with the slight premium and perhaps more limited stock but this is what I would recommend to be buyers.

Buying from China is not for the faint hearted.

Thanks a lot. I’m interested in a dragon pendant from her but $725 USD seems steep. At the same time I would really hate to have a piece in my collection to later find out it’s fake.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also bought from Yokdee, a few times, several items -- very pleased -- did not buy their cert but instead after receipt I sent jadeite to GIA (which found it to be untreated Grade A jadeite, which I knew it would).

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
I've also bought from Yokdee, a few times, several items -- very pleased -- did not buy their cert but instead after receipt I sent jadeite to GIA (which found it to be untreated Grade A jadeite, which I knew it would).

Considering the piece I’m looking at is $725 I think I’ll also go without the cert as I’ve read really good things about this store. Although it’s quite expensive I’d be heartbroken to become attached to a piece I wear to find out sometimes later it was not real.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Considering the piece I’m looking at is $725 I think I’ll also go without the cert as I’ve read really good things about this store. Although it’s quite expensive I’d be heartbroken to become attached to a piece I wear to find out sometimes later it was not real.

If you have any concerns, I would suggest you ask Yok Dee the cost of certification with NGI ( Nanyang Gemological Institute). It is a well respected lab locally and the only one I send my gems to in Singapore. And I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the cost of the cert ( compared to the prices at the US labs ).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a premium but I feel like it is fair. After all the vendor does all the sourcing, checking and holds the stock. She needs to make a living.

I find her prices quite reasonable.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought two bangles and a pendant from Yokdee and have been happy with them. Irene is the daughter of a jade carver, so she is quite versed in traditional Chinese designs as well as modern ones (her own design style is more modern). If I wanted to source for a specific jade style or design, I would probably go to her as she is easy to talk to.

I agree that her prices are on the slightly higher side but as I buy in person and pay by online transfer, she gives me a discounted price. If you live overseas however, I don’t think there is getting around the costs. I think it’s worth getting the NGL cert… since it would be a hassle if you want to get it certed down the road.

Last edited:

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
I have bought two bangles and a pendant from Yokdee and have been happy with them. Irene is the daughter of a jade carver, so she is quite versed in traditional designs as well as modern ones (her own design style is more modern).

I agree that her prices are on the slightly higher side but as I buy in person and pay by online transfer, she gives me the discounted price. If you live overseas however, I don’t think there is getting around the costs. I think it’s worth getting the NGL cert… since it would be a hassle if you want to get it certed down the road.

I’m really happy I posted here. Thanks for all the advice.

I'm buying a pendant for her that’s going to come to $875 USD after getting a bail put on. That’s why I was hesitant to get the certificate but I think you’re right. After looking around I have no sources nearby to get it tested without having to ship it out and it would cost significantly more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results