shape
carat
color
clarity

Yogo sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What''s the mm size of the Yogo''s? They look fairly large. Your jeweller will have to size/space them properly for an eternity ring. The easiest is to break them up as a few in a necklace/pendant and drop earrings. Maybe cluster earring & pendant?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:30:16 PM
Author: Chrono
What''s the mm size of the Yogo''s? They look fairly large. Your jeweller will have to size/space them properly for an eternity ring. The easiest is to break them up as a few in a necklace/pendant and drop earrings. Maybe cluster earring & pendant?

They''re not all that big... 2.5mm each.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.5 mm sounds like the perfect size for an eternity ring. Sure the non-matchiness of colour and tone will not bother you in an eternity ring?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 10:38:38 PM
2.5 mm sounds like the perfect size for an eternity ring. Sure the non-matchiness of colour and tone will not bother you in an eternity ring?

I don''t think I''ll be bothered by it. The color difference isn''t huge but it is noticeable when they''re right next to each other but it probably won''t be as apparent when they''re separated by diamonds. I''d be upset if the jewelers provided the sapphires and they didn''t match but since they''re mine and I already know they''re not a perfectly matched set I''m not overly fussed about it. I requested a quote for a ring similar to the one on the first page from Brian Gavin Diamonds and they said they''ll get back to me by Monday so we''ll see.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty sapphires. I love the color.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I think they are very pretty. It might not be a perfect match to each other, but they have character.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It should also be fine if the setter "graduates" the colour to minimize the colour difference.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Well I sent me sapphires off to Brian Gavin Diamonds this past weekend. I''m currently dithering between white and yellow gold for this project. Normally I like blue stones in white gold but I''m thinking yellow gold might be a better contrast. Now I have to wait for them to receive the stones and do up a CAD. :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the sapphires are really really pretty. Can''t wait to see how this project turns out. I like the eternity band idea.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Yippee! This will be lovely.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous idea! I can''t wait to see those babies set in an eternity ring!

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to see the final product. I really like the other sapphire eternity bands I have seen on ps and this will be no different I bet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer a yellow metal for the shade of your Yogos to soften the colour. Any recommendations from BGD?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 8:03:26 PM
I prefer a yellow metal for the shade of your Yogos to soften the colour. Any recommendations from BGD?

They haven''t arrived yet but I''ll be sure to ask them when they do get their hands on them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just want to say that I''m looking forward to watching this project proceed. Love those Yugo sapphires. I think that you were smart to be so quick to pull the trigger on them.
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh I love that ring picture.. that is gorgeous!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And here are the CADs for the ring. I think it came out looking very nice. I''ve asked Lesley if I could see it in yellow gold as well, and what her opinion on the color is.

kiz-yogosapphring.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And here it is in yellow gold. Opinions?

kiz-yogosapphring-yg.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I like the white gold :)

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! I think I like white the best.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
How pretty! My personal preference is toward white metal, so I like the look in white gold. However, I think the outcome will be beautiful either way.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice ring. I prefer my blue sapphires set in white metal, but it really is up to you.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s going to be a beautiful eternity ring!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
After looking again, the yellow appeals to me as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on your preference. Both are equally appealing to my eyes. One is cool and the other is warm.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:37:58 PM
It depends on your preference. Both are equally appealing to my eyes. One is cool and the other is warm.
I think that is why the both appeal to me. Depending on what you what, they both work.

Kismet, which way are you leaning?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think I find the yellow more appealing but then I look at the white and think "ooh that''s really nice too". Unfortunately, one of each is out of the question. :)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''m usually a WG person but in this case I really like the yellow.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I like the white gold! I think the band will turn out beautifully.

Question - is the metal going to come up high or is it just the cad?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results