shape
carat
color
clarity

Yogo sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I received my 8 Yogo sapphires from Barry today (but you'll have to wait for pictures until I get home from work). They're really pretty but not a matched set (which I'm not really fussed about). Under natural light 6 of them look really similar and 2 of them look lighter. Under fluorescent light, 1 of them looks really violet and 1 looks kind of violet, 2 of them look really blue which makes the other 4 look slightly grey.

I think I'd like to set these in an eternity band with diamonds. I'd really love to get something like this, only with the sapphires in place of the diamonds and diamonds in place of the rubies. What do you think?
rubydiaetmain.jpg

ETA: and the freebie sapphires are fairly dark blue and there's about 20 of them, mixed sizes and shades of blue but mostly pretty dark blue. Not sure what I'll do with them, maybe just have them scatter set into a band.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I think that would be gorgeous, but I''d like to see the stones before I say it would look GOOD, you know what I mean? in that kind of bezeled setting maybe they would all appear closer to the same color to look uniform, but since there is a space with a diamond between them that probably won''t matter much.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I think that would be beautiful, and even if they aren''t matched, you can spend your idle moments spinning the ring to find the outliers.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
That design looks lovely, but keep in mind that finding marquise shaped diamonds might be very difficult. Having them round and having sapphires in a fancy shape would probably be much easier to do, as probably about 90% of all diamonds are round brilliants.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 12:55:38 PM
Author: ma re
That design looks lovely, but keep in mind that finding marquise shaped diamonds might be very difficult. Having them round and having sapphires in a fancy shape would probably be much easier to do, as probably about 90% of all diamonds are round brilliants.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I''ll probably get quotes from more diamond-y jewelers for this... WF or Brian Gavin Diamonds or similar and have them search for appropriate diamonds. Or maybe they''ll tell me it''s just not cost effective to find matching marquises and to do a marquise bezel with a round diamond prong set in it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that setting is awesome. Thumbs up from me!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This one was taken through the box lid with flash and lights and stuff so they''re showing way lighter than they appear in person but it''s my only face on shot. The sapphire in the one position is the color shifter.

kiz-yogos1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This one was taken without the lid but still with flash and lights so still lighter than what they are.

kiz-yogos2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This one was taken without flash the two darker ones on the left are pretty much the color of all the sapphires. I think they look darker than the other in this picture because of the way they're all angled. And you can see the color shifter (in the 1 o'clock position) looking more violet.

kiz-yogos3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This one is with the case turned the other way and the color shifter is in the 7 o''clock position.

kiz-yogos4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And with the flash again.

kiz-yogos5.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have two tsavorite trillions and one of my ideas was to use the yogo''s with them for earrings but looking at them together I don''t really care for the color combo.

kiz-yogotsav1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Alternatively, they may look nice with my blue moonstone (which is looking pretty white on the white background).

kiz-yogomoon1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The moonstone looks nicer on the black background but it''s harder to see the sapphires.

kiz-yogomoon2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Or maybe I could do something with my vanadium chrysoberyl. Shown here with no flash.

kiz-yogochrys1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And here with flash.

kiz-yogochrys2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And here on my hand.

kiz-yogochrys3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here are the freebie sapphires. They''re all pretty dark and some of them have funky cuts. The one closest to the bottom of the picture looks like an acorn. They vary in size from (guessing here) 1mm up to 3mm. The only thing I could think of doing with these would be to set them a la Etienne Perret''s starlight rings.

kiz-freebiesaphs.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty blue! The new Yogos are lovely!

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Those are gorgeous! I have 3 yogos...2 pair in earrings, and a 3/4 carat yogo necklace. I love them and they are gorgeous and have that typical Yogo look. But I do have to say that they don''t sparkle quite like yours do! Must be the cut or something. Where did you get these?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are so beautiful Kismet!!! I love them!!!

Soycoffee, she got them from Artistic Colored Stones.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Oooooo very nice! I love the colors!!! There''s something so fun and nice about this part of the forum - I always feel like when I visit the Colored Stones area, it''s sort of like I''m visiting a big kids version of a crayola box.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I like them! Can''t wait to see what you create
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty, and I like your tsavorite and vanadium chyrsoberyl.
31.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color.....LOVE your collection!
36.gif

Lori

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies, I''m quite pleased with them. So what do you think, eternity band with diamonds similar to the one above or the moonstone set east-west and 4 of the sapphires gypsy set right above it and the other 4 bezel set in the chain (a la DBTY)?

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the eternity band! I think it would be gorgeous (and I think I''ll want to get one as soon as I see yours, lol:)).

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 6:38:02 PM
Author: Kismet
I have two tsavorite trillions and one of my ideas was to use the yogo''s with them for earrings but looking at them together I don''t really care for the color combo.
Somehow, I love this color combination! Your tsavorite is gorgeous, and I love the shape as well. What a nice, crisp green color.
30.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:22:57 PM
Author: platinumrock
Date: 4/7/2009 6:38:02 PM

Author: Kismet

Somehow, I love this color combination! Your tsavorite is gorgeous, and I love the shape as well. What a nice, crisp green color.
30.gif

Thanks! The tsavs are really nice. I''m generally in favor of the blue/green combo but this particular pairing doesn''t really do it for me (although it looks better in the picture than it does in person.)

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love the first ring choice! It is something I really REALLY want for my wedding band, or just RHR, or perhaps a 1 yr anni.
27.gif
Absolutely love it. Although those sapphires also look mighty nice with that chrys too...
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results