shape
carat
color
clarity

YG Halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Anna_Magdalena

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I''m an old member from ~2003, back to share photos of my new setting!

[btw moderators: I hope it''s okay that I created a new account - my old one stopped working and my posts disappeared. I emailed the site to see what to do and never heard back, so I just ended up starting a new account with a different email address]

Stats:
.847 carat center
J SI2
yg halo setting from Derco Jewelers in SF

I used to have a lovely six-prong solitaire setting which I loved. But shrinkage set in, and at the same time, I got obsessed with all the beautiful halos I saw here!

I just picked it up today and am getting used to it. It''s a little chunkier than I expected - the halo is pretty wide in proportion to the center stone, but I think I can live with that.

Ok...here goes...

Halo1.jpg

Anna_Magdalena

Rough_Rock
Third photo:

There''s also a neat flowery detail under the stones that I''ll try to get a good shot of soon. Thanks for looking!
35.gif

Halo3a.jpg

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty, Anna! Enjoy it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well we''re glad you came back to post that beauty! We don''t get to see too many halo rings in yellow gold and yours is just lovely!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Anna, welcome to the Halo Club!!!!! Second, I was just wondering the other day what a ring would look like halo yellow gold. I must say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I am a fan of white and gold metals though. Two-tone is my favorite color. Your ring is scrumptious. Congrats

shay

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great! Love the YG!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks great! Enjoy!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT !!!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Derco did a great job - the ring looks absolutely gorgeous! You''ll get used to the size...it looks fab on your hand!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I really like the look of your halo -- it''s a modern twist, especially in the yellow gold. I don''t think it looks chunky, but it''s quite substantial and it looks humongous on your hand! (You have very pretty hands, BTW.) What is your ring size? That looks like more than 84 points, even without a halo! Very nice.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous; I love the YG!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Anna M:
I like the look of your ring and that it''s not too delicate.
It''s just beautiful and looks great on you!
Enjoy and welcome back to PS!

Anna_Magdalena

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I''m so happy to be part of the halo club!
1.gif

My ring size is 4.25. Sorry about the short nails and unmanicured hands! As a classical pianist, vanity has to take a backseat in that respect!

More photos tomorrow...

path914

Rough_Rock
Anna,

Your ring turned out wonderfully! I am glad that you like it and that we were able to design something to better suit your needs.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out beautifully!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I agree - it''s so nice to see YG! in the sea of WG and Plat, YG is just such a beautiful sight!
Congrats and welcome back!!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh its beautiful!! I love how the j looks in the yg
30.gif
its a BEAUTIFUL piece!! More pics please.

Anna_Magdalena

Rough_Rock
Hi! As promised, a few more photos, including ones showing the nice underside detail. The sun''s not out today, unfortunately, but maybe tomorrow if it''s sunny I can take some of the required flower shots!

HaloThurs1.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a wonderful ring! Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 10:08:19 PM
Author: Anna_Magdalena
Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I''m so happy to be part of the halo club!
1.gif

My ring size is 4.25. Sorry about the short nails and unmanicured hands! As a classical pianist, vanity has to take a backseat in that respect!

More photos tomorrow...
As a stenographer, I feel your pain.
20.gif
2.gif
9.gif

shay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow it looks so pretty!!! i love stones that size in a halo, it looks great on your hand!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful ring. Thanks for sharing pics. I've been starting to look for a more contemporary YG halo type setting for my .5ct RB or a colored gemstone. YG is still available but the styles I see locally are so very outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results