shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another Diamond Opinion requested

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djr59

Rough_Rock
Everyone seems to do this, so let me try. I am looking at buying this diamond. What is important to me beside size is what I call sparkle, so do I have a good rock or not? I want the stone to sparkle and look great on her lovely finger. This stone will be going into a yellow gold setting (her preference).

Round Brilliant Stone
Carat = 1.55
Color = I
Clarity = VS2
Cut = AGS Ideal 0 - H&A
Depth = 60.8
Table = 56.8
Crown Angle = 34.6
Pavil Angle = 40.8
Culet = .4
Girdle = thim to medium
Flouresence = faint

HCA scores it 1.3

So what do you hardcor cut gods say about this rock?
Will my future fiance have sparkle or will I be a dud?

Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Djr59, based on the numbers it should be a great looking stone
1.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Looks like you've done your homework, should have some nice light return. If the price is right, I'd say go for it.

The I color will look white to most people in a yellow gold setting, but I personally would go a bit higher. Then again, the board folk and I often argue about color
1.gif

djr59

Rough_Rock
Price is $9500. Sound like a good deal?
Color does nto show yellow and faces up very white.
Compared to a F and could not tell the difference.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a great deal and a good stone. Should be a beauty, congrats and let us know how things turn out!
1.gif
Also keep in mind that an I in a yellow gold setting will face up whiter than it would in a plat setting, as the yellow gold setting somewhat 'masks' slight amounts of color in the stone . So your stone will probably look whiter in YG than in Plat anyway!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results