shape
carat
color
clarity

yet another 1st time help me out thread, how do u guys deal with all of us?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

opfreak

Rough_Rock
Anyways, great forum you have around here.
to keep is simple and clean
budget 2k-4k max and 4k should cover the everything, apprasial, insurance, tax etc.
girl doesn''t want anything too expansive.

anyways.

what she wants. (I asked wanted to be safe, rather then burned).
Vintage style ring. i.e. something with some metalwork/stylizing on the sides of the stone.

what she doesn''t like... simple tiffany style.

diamond shape ~round.

problem:

most of the vintage style rings i''ve seen in platnium seem to cost about 2k. (OUCH!). really would like the ring to cost about 1K+/- a bit if it includes any small side stones.

an example of what she likes. (its not her face but close.
http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=WFR-ENGRpt

As you can see the price is 1700, not terriable since then i could get a diamond ~.6 c with a good cut for close to the same cost and get the ring for about 3400. but if i could find something similar for a bit less. My pocket book would love you.

time frame for this is about 2.5 months. which is when i''ll have the full $ amount.

also any one know of a good local dealer, near milwaukee wi. I know chicago is close, and i love chicago, but going to a store there would probably be setting me up for getting ripped off, i''d have sucker all over my head.

as for the diamond, I''m thinking a good cut, white in color (to go with the platinum ring)
and once again a good cut, actually like some of the hearts on fire, or cut above.

Thanks for any help

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
what about going with an antique ring? Or perhaps switch to white gold which is a lot less expensive.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif
Check out this site www.faycullen.com for lots of inspiration.

opfreak

Rough_Rock
I''m open to white gold. not really up on any antique rings, but personally like the high sparkle new cuts have.

However most of these ring styles I''m seeing come in platinum.

I personally am a bit shocked by the price difference.

ring i thought to get was a simple tif style. I was told NOOO.
lol. didn''t know the difference between a simple ring and fancy.

opfreak

Rough_Rock
heres a better example of what she likes.

actually when we were online browsing, she really like green river
MTG_A_8833.jpg

stuff, but ouch, starting at 2k in platinum, and there gold is 1.5k

http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/gallery/item.asp?imgID=MTG_A_8833&cID=MTG&sID=M-A

thats really the sytle of ring she would love, the stone set in (doesn''t want something sticking out). the mounting on this ring is not perfect, but the work on the sides of the stone is what she loves. any sites that have something similar to this?

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
Green Lake Jewlery''s rings are STUNNING - sadly, their prices are high, too - not questioning the quality of their work, I''m sure they do great stuff, but ...like you said, the prices can be a bit daunting. The ring I loved on their website was out of my budget for a setting, so my choice was - choose a different diamond (I had already fallen in love with one, so that would have been hard!) or find a different ring. You can see if someone can make something similar for you - or, look around at some of the websites posted here to see if something close strikes your fancy!

I found this website today, when just browsing around. I don''t know anything about them, but their hand engraving is amazing. www.thomas-jewelers.com

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Well you can do that pretty whiteflash setting and still come in within budget. It depends on how color sensitive you are.
For instance this diamond with the ringhttps://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1948524.htm# with the pricescope discount would be under 4k. And this one is just over 4k with the ring. https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2323672.htm (I have to admit I''m not sure what the Ps discount is, so this is an estimate).
If you want to exchange clarity for color, I''m sure something in that range will come along. They just happen to have several J''s in at the moment and no G Si''s.

opfreak

Rough_Rock
I know i can get in on whiteflash. :)

I actualy was hoping to get in closer to the 3k number.

there were some nice .6c diamons h&a i saw on white flash.

the whiteflash setting is what started the search. it would be ok.

when i was flipping through all those pages though. the greenlakes rings are what my girl really liked.

she loves all that etching on the rings.
trying to find something similar to that, but at closer to a ~1000 bucks, rather then 2k.

thanks for the help guys, did a search and found a poster that listed alot of antique like rings.

now the hunt begins to find something like the WF, or green lakes.

also any one know of any places around milwaukee,wi that would have similar style rings in stock?

and please no mall jewerly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results