shape
carat
color
clarity

Yes or no? Final oval contender

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might want to put everything in one of your previous threads rather than starting more threads. You started two new ones just today.

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
You might want to put everything in one of your previous threads rather than starting more threads. You started two new ones just today.

I thought it was better to put it here rather than post it in old threads. Did you look at the stone?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did. I have a 1.53 CT G SI1 Elyque oval which is stunning, so I'm partial to those. I saw in an earlier thread that someone suggested a 2 CT. I color Elyque but you continued to look so I assume you're not interested. I've never seen any other ovals that I like as much, so I'm not going to be much help.

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
I did. I have a 1.53 CT G SI1 Elyque oval which is stunning, so I'm partial to those. I saw in an earlier thread that someone suggested a 2 CT. I color Elyque but you continued to look so I assume you're not interested. I've never seen any other ovals that I like as much, so I'm not going to be much help.

I have been in contact with Jonathan about that exact stone. I think it is beautiful. Here is my problem - I am replacing my lost engagement ring. I had a beautiful 1.58 G S1 stone that faced up big. I was worried that the Elyque, while gorgeous, would look too different from the ring I knew and loved. That's why I was asking so many questions about ovals. Maybe my I should have given a fuller narrative.

Can I see your stone on your hand?

Reactions: AV_

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure. A fellow PSer has a video of it which really shows it off. I'll post here once she gives me permission. In the meantime, here are a couple of photos. Second one is kind of blurry but hopefully you can see how great the cut is.
IMG_20190505_133536.jpg
IMG_20190505_133503.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Just looking at that video, I think that it is going to look fairly tinted, especially at the ends of the stone. do you want something that faces up very white? I think this is going to have a noticeable color.

At 12:00 and 6:00, in the center of the stone there are some areas that don't look like they're going to have great light return. It has a fairly minimal bow tie from the video. In sum, looks like it could be nice, but if you want a very white stone this isn't it. The center may have some dead areas possibly, but you probably need to see it in person.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I had a beautiful 1.58 G S1 stone that faced up big.

Do you still have its GIA report?

I would agree that the ovals from Distinctivegem have a particular look, as intended - I am happy to see random ovals more like them & these hardly exist. Can you get to see one in person?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd.

I am finding a few larger for weight that are very appealing - www (I have not looked at the GIA report) & a few more.

gotta go

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @brucie1855 -

I agree with @elizat - I think the stone you've linked is going to show a lot of tint. I like the cut - but the warmth would bother me.

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
To me, this is a prettier stone and looks like it may be a little bit of a higher color I.

Oh that is a good find. (and slightly cheaper)

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
ctd.

I am finding a few larger for weight that are very appealing - www (I have not looked at the GIA report) & a few more.

gotta go

I like this one. I was hoping to throw my whole budget at the stone and go super simple on the setting.

Both of the stones I was looking at on Adiamor are no longer available. This is so frustrating.

Reactions: AV_

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Before you post a stone you like, place it on hold. That way, if you have a lurker, it isn't poached. It's also possible that somebody else was just searching for the same specifications and picked the stones you liked.

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
Before you post a stone you like, place it on hold. That way, if you have a lurker, it isn't poached. It's also possible that somebody else was just searching for the same specifications and picked the stones you liked.

Good to know. I'll do that going forward. I thought that 2.2 carat at Adiamo might have been the winner.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
One 1.8 cts D/VS is the largest colourless option I am finding - 10 X 6.5 mm www ; it is slenderer than the 2.2 I/VS 10 X 7.2 mm & not cheaper. The 1.5 D mentioned above www is smaller in every way - weigh, price & mm 9.7 X 6 , it is large for its weight & priced accordingly among 1.5 cts.

2p

I have not looked as closely beyond GIA Colourless (time), but have no objection to the other grades.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results