shape
carat
color
clarity

Yes...No... Maybe.....

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decisions, decisions.... I have the original setting for my e-ring... and I have been wanting a Sapphire to wear as a RHR... with this post I am including a picture of Montana Sapphire in my setting (it is not set... the stone is only dropped in.. )

Thoughts?

Opinions on color as much as you can tell? These are indoor shots... waiting on outdoor shots...

I am trying to get a few more pictures... but it's on a different coast than I am...

6.5m
1.41 ct.

Attachments

• Montana Sapphire.bmp
    963.3 KB · Views: 759

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like Montana sapphires and like the color of your stone. I think a halo makes for a nice contrast with colored stones, and it looks like they were made for each other.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love Montanas. Yours looks lovely in that setting -- the diamonds set it off without overpowering it. Very nice!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that looks very nice.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It actually reminds me more of a spinel than a sapphire, but I prefer spinels. It has a steely blue color that I like very much. I was at a gem show, and someone was comparing their Montana blue sapphire to my blue spinel ring, and honestly, you could not tell the difference between the stones, they looked identical in color. Very nice cutting, as sapphires typically are not cut well. Very pretty.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an outdoor shot...

Attachments

• Montana with Sun 1.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 715

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think high karat yellow gold, or even rose gold will bring out more of the blue in the stone, but if you like more of the steely blue color, than the white metal is better for that. It depends on what you like.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL thank you so much for your comments.... It's funny... because I am such a monocromatic girl.. I don't wear a lot of color.. I love silver, black, white gray... so it's interesting you note the white gold brings out the steely gray/blue color. I didn't know about Montana Sapphires until the jeweler I had worked with on my reset recommended one for my old setting. (Emma Parker Jewelry; Seattle Washington)

I am still in the decision phase but when he dropped this one into my setting for me to look at I really liked it.. I think I like that it is different.. I like that it's not too dark like some sapphaires can be.. my color preference if I were to get a ceylon sapphire would be cornflower blue.. I think... so on the lighter side for sure... this is not an easy decision. The setting is sentitmental so I want to love it when it's done...

Also...thank you to everyone else for your comments.. I really appreicate the feedback!!!!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks great and what's best is that you already have this setting. Great to be able to recycle! :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this setting.

T

talamasca

Definitely a YES from me, I think it looks lovely :D

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Yes. It looks quite lovely in that setting.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful. Some Montanas seems to have a denim colour to them, which is how I see yours...I love it!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm biased, because I love Montana sapphires, but I think this stone looks beautiful in your setting. Based on what you said about your color preferences, I think this stone in that setting is a perfect match.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I love it, too!

gongli

Rough_Rock
very nice... i never really "got" montanas color or appeal until i just saw your photo.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally changed my mind... the more I look at it.. the less I like the setting.. I think I have decided to not reset and to start work on the project I really want (this one would just make me have to wait longer)... I really want a five stone diamond ring as a RHR.. so thank you for all the comments...but going to head in a totally different direction...after two weeks of trying to convince myself this would satisfy me for the time being.. I don't think so... :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results