shape
carat
color
clarity

yellowish green grossular garnet

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
This is a 1.6ct green garnet I recently received. I love grossular garnet, but mint green can be difficult to find these days and since I'm not against yellowish green garnet so I decide to keep this one.
Now I look at it, it kinda look like a mint peridot which I always want one, but that's even harder to find. ;))

img_720.jpg

img_2208.jpg

img_2212.jpg

img_2250.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this one, thanks for sharing :)

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
katharath|1363486071|3406812 said:
I LOVE this one, thanks for sharing :)

What do you think about the color combo? :D :D

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I really like it! Are the sidestones tanzanites? My favorite CS gems are all blue and greens, and this is close enough that it's something I would naturally like ;-). Any of the mint gems make me think of spring, but with those sidestones it feels sort of Easter-y :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Pretty green. I love mint stones too, I mean LOVE. Hard to find them of a good size & when you do, they're $$$$.

The sidestones with that garnet don't do it for me, but it's what you think that counts! The garnet being a yellowish-green & the tanzes(?) purple don't seem to have any relationship to each other, imho. If the garnet had a blue-ish modifier it would be super -- they would bring good things out in each other.

However you set it, that spring green puppy will be SO cheery & nice!

--- Laurie

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1363522262|3407022 said:
Pretty green. I love mint stones too, I mean LOVE. Hard to find them of a good size & when you do, they're $$$$.

The sidestones with that garnet don't do it for me, but it's what you think that counts! The garnet being a yellowish-green & the tanzes(?) purple don't seem to have any relationship to each other, imho. If the garnet had a blue-ish modifier it would be super -- they would bring good things out in each other.

However you set it, that spring green puppy will be SO cheery & nice!

--- Laurie

Thanks Laurie, for your input. I gotta rethink the idea of three stone then...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL,
I really love green with pink. Do you have any pink pairs?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
katharath|1363499342|3406946 said:
I really like it! Are the sidestones tanzanites? My favorite CS gems are all blue and greens, and this is close enough that it's something I would naturally like ;-). Any of the mint gems make me think of spring, but with those sidestones it feels sort of Easter-y :)

Yes, sides are tanzanites. Now I don't have any ideas about it being a three stone ring since the green is not like tsavorite green, it has lowr color contrast, maybe yellow side stones?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1363574979|3407507 said:
OTL,
I really love green with pink. Do you have any pink pairs?

I love pink with green too,I saved this photo in my compute for a long time. But I think my green is kind of a grass green, lower saturation, may ot product this beautiful color contrast?

r1122_0.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the more reason to use pink side stones - it brings out the green in the stone. If you use yellow, it will make the stone look more washed out IMHO.

I've even seen a green diamond with pink sides, all not the most saturated gems, but the pinks really brought out the green color of the center stone.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1363575918|3407520 said:
All the more reason to use pink side stones - it brings out the green in the stone. If you use yellow, it will make the stone look more washed out IMHO.

I've even seen a green diamond with pink sides, all not the most saturated gems, but the pinks really brought out the green color of the center stone.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. I know this stone will prefer rose gold for sure. :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you are going with rose gold, all the more reason to have it set with pink side stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results