shape
carat
color
clarity

yellow trillions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jackb

Rough_Rock
Please forgive my ignorance; however, I''m supposed to be looking for 0.3-0.5 cw yellow trillions for my wife''s 50th bd to go on sides of a solitaire engagement stone. Is there such a thing, or are they so rare that I will have to refinance the house to afford?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
They're out there. As an independent appraiser I can't really recommend a company for you, but if you do a search for "fancy color diamonds" you should pull up at least half a dozen to start with.

In that size, they shouldn't really break the bank, but if they're over your budget you might consider lab-created fancies, or yellow sapphires, which look quite nice next to a diamond.

Good luck!

jackb

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the advice. I am already working on the yellow sapphires as an alternative, if I can't find the yellow trillion diamonds.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
If you are looking for a setting with yellow diamonds, check out Simon G Jewelry www.simongjewelry.com

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Richard - do you reckon it`s a good cut for a deep macle ? Or would
you not get the depth on one ?
-----------

Hi Further. If the macle (rough diamond crystal) is deep, the cutter might choose to cut another fancy shape rather than trillion, since the other shapes tend to sell quicker.

Seems like they reserve the trillion shape for those flattish macles.

hera Anderson

Rough_Rock
I had been looking for yellow sidestones for quite a while so I can pass you on some information I have gathered from some experts. I contacted "Diamonds by Lauren" a retailer known for his yellow diamonds on ebay. The owner told me it's next to impossible to get trillians in a yellow color. I didn't understand the reason-something about the color not showing very well in a trillian cut. You can contact him yourself on ebay. I was going to have him custom make the ring with .50 sidestones, but he wanted around 3600 dollars. I didn't want to spend that much, and he was kind of a jerk to me anyways.

I was however able to find pear shaped side stones. I contacted Icestore.com and they had 1.00 carat total weight and their asking price was around 3300.00. They were a little too large (and expensive) for my 1.30 diamond. I then contacted fancydiamonds.net and Leibish Pollnauer was able to find them. I don't know for sure, but I think he had them cut. I ordered two side stones (.84ctw) They were little larger than I wanted but I will be more than happy to live with the size. He was extremely fast and I received them within 3 days. I haven't seen them yet. I am out of town, but my husband said they are pretty much a perfect match as far as the color goes. The color is even. He told me the shapes are slightly off but you can't tell unless they are side by side. They are on the line between fancy light yellow and fancy yellow so I imagine them to be a light lemon color. I will keep you posted if you like. They were a fair price and I am very excited.

Hera

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Leibish is simply great
1.gif

ftpmom

Rough_Rock
Did you like your diamonds? I looked at the website but was put off by all the IGI certs and the pictures of the diamonds.

jackb

Rough_Rock
I know it's been a while but I found the yellow trillions. About 71 points total for under 4k. They are natural (via appraisal) and deep yellow. Had to go to 47th and 5th in NYC, but I found them.I would have given up hope if not for your encouragement.

Thanks again.
appl.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your persistence, Jack.

Would you email me with the price you paid for them, along with any descriptive info, so I can add them to my "comparables" list? I use it for appraisal purposes.

hera Anderson

Rough_Rock
I liked the diamonds I got from Leibish. They were as expected- large and a lemony. Much to my surprise, They were a PERFECT color match as well. In my opinion, Leibish's website doesn't really show his whole inventory. If you have any questions, e-mail him and he will fax pictures of the diamonds from the description you give him.

Hera

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/1/2003 5:40:11 PM Furthermore wrote:
You see `em around here and there, Jack. I like trillion cuts a lot. Pity so few people seem to do so !
----------------

Hi Furthermore,
Funny you say this...the first ring we seriously considered had trillion side stones. It was purty, but after continuing to look, we decided on the pear side stones instead. It has a similar look, but a little more feminine for side stones. I really still do like the trillions though. I just received a huge trillion blue sapphire ring from KittyKitty on DT, set in a semi-bezel. I think it may be near 2 cts. But then again that's only a guess.....I'll see about posting it in Show Me the Ring forum.

wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results