shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow to white gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cairns

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

My fiance and I budgeted $100 for gifts this year. I thought that it might be a good opportunity to have a pair of .75ctw rb earrings in yellow gold that my parents gave me, put into white gold 6 prong screwbacks. Maybe not having screwbacks or 6 prong will make it a little less? Does $100 sound reasonable to be able to do this, if not how much do you think? I just want a ballpark, so that when I see the jeweler, I know if I''m getting a fair price. Also would any online jeweler do this?

Thanks
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don''t see six prong settings for diamond studs very often. Three prongs is very popular and of course, 4 is the classic stud setting. The other thing you might consider is having your current settings rhodium plated. It would not be worth it to send them to an online jeweler to change earring settings. I''d call around and ask the price of rhodium plating the current pair and the price of new 14k wg settings with three or 4 prongs. I had mine reset locally in 14k wg baskets for $75 earlier in the year. Online the prices are actually higher than that. So do shop around.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Edited.
When I changed 5 to 8 for some reason it posted both. The correct amount was $80.00, I'm just very tired :)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
They aren''t diamonds but I just had spinels set in 14k four prong basket settings for $80.00 by a local jeweler.

cairns

Rough_Rock
Thank you both!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results