shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow setting for H-I diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Okay, I posted yesterday about a yellow setting for an H/I diamond. . .I forgot the most important characteristic, that this is a yellow gold bezel set diamond .33 H/I authentic Tiffany diamond. Would this look yellowish? I''m buying this site unseen (risky, I know). It''s not too expensive, but if I don''t wear it or resell it, my husband will disaprove and be less inclined to buy me jewelry in the future (lol). . .so I NEED HELP QUICKLY on what to expect!

Thanks,
Michelle

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Do you like and wear yellow gold? If not, don't get the ring.

If you do like and wear yellow gold, I expect you'll be fine.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michelle Carmen You have got your idea the other way around from most people who post here. They are usually concerned with a lower colored diamond looking yellow against a white gold/platinum ring and most agree that I is the lowest they would go. However if they bought J or lower they would want to set the ring in yellow gold as a J color is a 'warmer' stone. As you are setting the stone in yellow gold the diamond should be okay, what people are usually worried about is that a diamond will look too yellow against an icy white metal background.

A yellow setting will look different on a very white stone than a white metal setting will but I think that is a matter of preference. I would not put a D E or F color diamond in yellow gold prongs though as that would be a waste of money splurging on a colorless diamond that would not look icy white due to the setting in my opinion.

A yellow gold setting looks nice and golden around a diamond, maybe the white of the diamond would even contrast with the yellow gold and look whiter but a diamond that is a low color in a white gold setting would make the diamond look cheaper and not white enough.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results