shape
carat
color
clarity

yellow sapphire with blue sapphire sides?

gemmygemma

Rough_Rock
I am thinking of a mixed sapphire ring, probably with a yellow center and blue sides.

Any thoughts on this? Will it look good in real life? What cuts look best? How do I match the colors?

Does anyone have any examples? I can't seem to find any threads, but I don't really know what to search for.

a_yellow_and_blue_sapphire_ring.jpg

gemgaga

Rough_Rock
Love! Blue and yellow is my second favorite color combination after pink and grey.

I especially like the dimensions.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this yellow and blue combination looks beautiful! I made a quilt with these colors and it looks so cheerful. Reminds me of the sun in the sky :)) .

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, I've just ordered a yellow chrysoberyl and was thinking of light blue sides in a ring. :) In terms of matching colours, I seem to remember hearing that you should match the level of saturation. Regarding cuts, do you mean which cuts look best together? That can be a matter of personal taste. Have you picked a center stone yet? That might be a good place to start, then depending on that cut, work from there (could even start another thread at that point with a poll?).

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a very pretty combination. If you don't like step cuts, do you think that means you like rounder stones (round, oval, cushion), or rectangles/squares that are not step cut? One place to start would be to look at the Show Me the Bling forum and collect pictures of rings that you like and see what elements they have in common.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous! Yellow & blue are one of my favorite combinations. I have a blue spinel I'm thinking of setting w/yellow sapphires somehow. Hope you find your center stone & GO FOR IT.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results