shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow on yellow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
I have a plain 14k wedding band...that is in search of a blingy mate. I love this but wonder if it''s too wow paired next to a simple band? (The pic came from another user who herself patched it from another thread - apologies I can''t give credit where it is due).

My request: yellow stones on yellow golld. Would love to see what PSers have/think!

rsz_yellow_sapphire_ring_4.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea! Being a yellow gold girl myself, I am also looking to set my citrine asscher in buttery yellow gold. I say go for it!

Would luve to see a bigger picture of the one you posted if possible?
31.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on the stone and what undertones it has. I would take each stone and place it buy white gold/ silver and then yellow gold. That way you can tell what really looks good in your opinion.

Hope that helps!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well I just received a yellow gemmy, and I have an unset 18k yellow gold mount, I can look at the color and see. hopefully it won't clash.
ETA: I just took a look and ehh, I do like it however, it just seems to all blend in. What I would love to do is to separate the colors a bit and maybe add a halo of white diamonds melee to accent the yellow stone so it doesn't all blend in but just the right size to showcase the yellow gem kwim
37.gif
?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It depends on which shades of yellow are we talking about, how sparkly the stone is, what are the shapes and proportions/ratios in question, size fo the stone etc. A diamond halo can help, but so can a surface finish on the yellow gold, that will make the stone more stand out and give off a different feel by a sense of texture (if that''s your thing). It also all depends on the desired style.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Larger picture as requested. Can you see this paired with a plain yg band? Perhaps a better match if the sapphire were set in plain yg?

ysapph.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I think it will look amazing, especially if the band is kept nicely polished and shiny
30.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is gorgeous!

I think you should wear a band on the other hand (if you don''t mind, of course!) and let that beauty shine alone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ysapph.jpg

WOW
23.gif

That ring is truly a work of art. A plain band would look perfect with that.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Yup, plain band would be the way to go for me too, cause the one with pave might make it all feel like there''s too much going on.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
That really is a beautiful ring!

I don''t think that a matching yellow sapphire pave band would be out of place. I also think that a simpler yellow gold band would work. But I like the idea of some carving or something on the yellow gold. Something like this or this might work well.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great next to a plain yellow gold ring...it would allow the blingy ring to shine on it''s own.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I''m thinking something really thin...stones or no stones. I have never really cared for yellow stones until I saw this ring. Yummy.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wowwee! I like it as is but think a plain band would work too!
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous, WOW!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results