shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold setting help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I''m still looking for a setting, and my only set criteria is yellow gold...does anyone have any suggestions?

Here are some I''ve looked at and liked so far...

Legato

Pave

I do know that I really like the slope of the band up to the diamond. Does anyone else have any other ideas/suggestions that might be similar? Or I''ve been contemplating a custom design, but I don''t even know where to start!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will show you my new setting. I adore it. Its nothing like you describe but have a look anyway.. you might like it
9.gif

http://www.screencast.com/users/WinkJones/folders/Infinity%20Diamonds/media/e0dc9e53-29a6-4edd-b9e3-cb85f6a0bdf3

oneforship

Rough_Rock
I do like it a lot! Although I forgot to mention I''ll be setting a princess cut in mine.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I will have a look for some suggestions for you
1.gif
I love yellow gold!

Do you have a budget in mind?

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Well I''m trying to come in around $3000 total, and I''m going to be spending around $2000 on the diamond, so somewhere $1000 or under is ideal! (Otherwise it will take some more saving!)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you already picked the diamond out? Is there a vendor you are already working with for the stone?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/8/2009 5:52:49 PM
Author:oneforship

I''m still looking for a setting, and my only set criteria is yellow gold...does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi, oneforship. I do not have any suggestions offhand, but I, also, love yellow gold and will keep my eyes open. I have a round brilliant that is in a custom setting. In yellow gold. Mine is definitely not as high a setting as the ones you have pictured, but the lines are not dissimilar. I will post a photo of mine. If you do decide to go the custom route, you will have a jeweler with whom to work!

Good luck!

Deborah
34.gif

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Well maybe I have it picked out...I''ve been looking for about a while, and I know the price range that I will be in for the size diamond and cut quality I''m looking for. I think I will be going with a Whiteflash ACA. I just inquired about putting a stone on hold today, but I''m not actively working with anyone yet.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 6:32:22 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
3/8/2009 5:52:49 PM

Author:oneforship

I''m still looking for a setting, and my only set criteria is yellow gold...does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi, oneforship. I do not have any suggestions offhand, but I, also, love yellow gold and will keep my eyes open. I have a round brilliant that is in a custom setting. In yellow gold. Mine is definitely not as high a setting as the ones you have pictured, but the lines are not dissimilar. I will post a photo of mine. If you do decide to go the custom route, you will have a jeweler with whom to work!

Good luck!

Deborah

34.gif

Looking forward to the picture!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The Vatche X-prong is a gorgeous ring! Have you considered that?

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 6:40:20 PM
Author: Upgradable
The Vatche X-prong is a gorgeous ring! Have you considered that?

Yes I have looked at that one too! It is gorgeous, I like it a lot, although I think I might like the Legato better...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the side view of my yellow gold ring, which is where one can see what you call, "the slope". I will also post a photo that shows a collage of pictures of my ring and its jackets taken from above. From that angle, one cannot see, "the slope".

Deborah
34.gif

AGBFSideView.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my ring from another view point.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBFRingCollage.jpg

oneforship

Rough_Rock
AGBF, that is gorgeous! I think I''m leaning towards a more simplistic setting, i.e. no sidestones, but maybe something interesting with the metalwork? I don''t know, it seems like every time I like one, the other one stands out to me more!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/8/2009 6:57:18 PM
Author: oneforship

AGBF, that is gorgeous! I think I'm leaning towards a more simplistic setting, i.e. no sidestones, but maybe something interesting with the metalwork? I don't know, it seems like every time I like one, the other one stands out to me more!

Thank you for the compliment on my ring. The important thing for you to be doing right now is what you are doing: thinking of your options before you leap. Looking around and being aware of your choices now, rather than after you buy a ring, is very smart!

Keep up the good work. We all all help you keep looking and thinking!

Deborah
34.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
There are some really pretty YG settings out there now...

Here is an interesting and unique one from Clay Pot...

clay pot setting.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Oooops! Sorry the pic is so large, guys!!

Here is a pretty one from Singlestone...I was thinking it would look pretty with a smaller bandk, maybe 2 rows of pave vs 3, or maybe just some gypsy set melee:

ss gold setting cushion pave.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
This pic is from Tiffany...it is of the sugar stacks rings...I always thought this setting would look beautiful with a diamond.

tiffany sugar stacks 12.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/8/2009 9:53:40 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

There are some really pretty YG settings out there now...

Here is an interesting and unique one from Clay Pot...

Wow!!! I absolutely love this! If I were getting engaged today and had the money for this, I would ask for this ring in a heartbeat! Thank you so much for posting it, Rock_of_Love!

Deborah
34.gif

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 9:59:20 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
This pic is from Tiffany...it is of the sugar stacks rings...I always thought this setting would look beautiful with a diamond.

Oh I like that one a lot, it seems quite original but simplistic.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
I think I found a winner!!

Although I think I want to get it done custom because I''m interested in a thinner band...but this is exactly what I''ve been picturing in my mind!

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 8:42:40 AM

Although I think I want to get it done custom because I''m interested in a thinner band...but this is exactly what I''ve been picturing in my mind!

You don''t think something like this would swallow a .75carat princess do you? Hopefully somewhere closer to the 2mm or 2.5mm range?

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 8:42:40 AM

Here is another interesting one from Stuller that I think could be modified to fit a princess...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a site that I love to go to to look for so many mountings.. maybe theres something out there that might peak an interest and just slight modification?
www.sunjewelry.com ... THey have thousands to look at... have fun! hope this somewhat helps

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 3:56:51 PM
Author: dannyandterry
I have a site that I love to go to to look for so many mountings.. maybe theres something out there that might peak an interest and just slight modification?

www.sunjewelry.com ... THey have thousands to look at... have fun! hope this somewhat helps

I like this one a lot too actually, although I would like to have it done in yellow gold.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 5:01:47 AM

Date: 3/9/2009 3:56:51 PM
Author: dannyandterry

I like this one a lot too actually, although I would like to have it done in yellow gold.
OOH,, that is unique and beautiful,, I bet if you took those pics to whiteflash they can custom make that in yellow gold.. they made my setting and bought the diamond from them.. Fantastic!, I''m in the process of replacing my current with another setting of theirs in Yellow gold, and changing my current one to an RHR... I love yellow gold.. It''ll look fantastic.. I''ll be waiting to see pics when you''re all done
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuller or Scott kay are good bets.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
I sent this link to Whiteflash to get a quote on a custom in yellow gold, so we''ll see what they come back with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results