shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Gold Setiing - What color Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djr59

Rough_Rock
I have heard people say that if you use yellow gold you can get away with lower grades in color. So my question is, since my girlfriend wants yellow gold, can I go with a "I" color on the rock I am looking at or should I stick up near the "F-G" range? Big difference in price and if the color is lost, why do I care? Thanks!

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
This is true. I have an I color stone set in white gold and it looks fine. Yellow gold should be no problem.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Depends on lots of factors. Here are a few.

If the diamond has floresence, it might face up a bit whiter, allowing you a higher color.

Color really depends on person. I didn't like the look of higher colors, so I only looked at E & D colored stones (and got an E because I couldn't tell the difference). You might think G looks totally white. Some people might think I is white. So, do some searching and find the right color to your eye, or more importantly, her eye.

Diamonds with lots of sparkle can hide things like color and inclusions. Get a well cut stone and it should be beautiful no matter what color.

People always talk about color, then talk about diamond "facing up" white. While I'm no expert on this, I would assume there's a certain amount of play a diamond has. Since diamonds are graded upside down in regards to color, they could face up slightly different. Would love an expert to comment on this.

Hope these variables help your decision.

djr59

Rough_Rock
The stone I am looking at is a Ideal triple cut. It is a H&A and it faces up white. The only way to see a slight yellow tint is on white paper upside down. It does have a faint flouresence. Sound like a good rock? HCA grades it a 1.1.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I have seen some L's set in white gold and they were quite stunning! I color with such a nice make should be very white facing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results