shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Gold Pretty Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Hello all, I am a new joiner to PS and LOVE everything I have seen so far. I have noticed that yellow gold often looks different in the pictures provided by all of you compared to the pictures I see from vendors online. And I like what I see on "real" pics here more. The pictures provided by online vendors often appear harsh in color and just plain fake. So I was hoping you all could post your pictures of yellow gold rings here for me since there is an over flow of platinum/white gold due to its current popularity. I love both but would like to see more yellow gold so please please post them for me here! Thank you in advance to everyone!

-Currently Sparkle-less
8.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ilovesparkles!
35.gif
There are a few of us here with yellow gold. Here''s mine........

cmser23.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few of mine!!
1.gif
I too am a huge fan of yellow gold, particularly yellow rings with white claws/baskets.

ERAngledAndi.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome ilovesparkles
35.gif
I am sorry to hear you are sparkle - less at the moment, but hopefully soon you will have something sparkly to enjoy
41.gif

As for yellow gold, there are some of us who love it, most of mine is set in yellow gold, sorry I don''t have any pics though. Whitegold never really got the foothold in the UK where I live, so it is mainly yellow rules here! As I tend to be a matchy sort of gal, I keep to it so all my blingage goes together - I don''t like to mix the two, but maybe that''s just me.

Anyway, great to have you aboard and look forward to sharing and comparing with you!
35.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one was of my Ering, and her she is with a few of her RHR cousins
37.gif

DiaRingsAndiP2.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hrrmmpph, apologies for the glarey picture! Here is a clearer one taken before I got the scatter band.

DiaRingsAndiP.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes - my eyes!!! Great stuff, thanks for sharing
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one of mine.

yellrg.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of my old setting. I had an aquamarine put in after I changed settings. I do love yellow gold as well as white gold.

Lorelei, I have to admit that I do mix. I wear a two toned watch so that anything goes.
9.gif

cmsolder.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a good idea Catmom
emsmilep.gif
I am about due for a new watch soon
41.gif
so I have a look at two colour ones
31.gif

Love your rings!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link AGBF and thanks everyone for posting pics! Keep them coming I''m loving it. And one day ,maybe in the next year (crosses fingers), I will have sparklies to show off too!
31.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my wedding ring. It''s also in my avatar.
21.gif

108_0894.JPG

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a RHR that''s in 18k yg and plat head.

2.18.06kvl.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
And here''s a yellow gold wedding set that was my husband''s grandmother''s.

P7270037.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Love love love all that has been posted! Please please please keep it coming!

AW

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are two of mine.

small_P7210726a.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I had to post this ring by LadyluvsLuxury which is the ring that started my lust for YG! It is just so amazing!

c_fin_band_and_ring2.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
look at all these beautiful rings
30.gif
10.gif
nice to see some YG rings
36.gif
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, also, would love to see more photos! cflutist, your jewelry is always just awe-inspiring!!!

Deb
34.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
since you didn't say "yellow gold with diamonds"
16.gif
, I thought it would be ok to post some of my family heirloom yellow gold rings (and bracelet since I posted this in the "show me your family heirloom" thread). These are 21 or 22K yellow gold, and belonged to my mother. I just love the deep color of the higher K yellow gold. I wear the wedding band as my wedding band when I am not wearing my new wedding set...mixing and matching is just lots of fun.
3.gif

I just wish I had beautiful hands like so many of the ladies here...oh well
8.gif

rmsheirloom2.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
It seems like there was another yg wedding set thread, and I might have already posted this there, but here are two sets. (sorry they aren''t the best picture) The set with the wider w-band is my first set; the think one with tiny diamonds is a new set from an antique shop. I must admit I most often wear the smaller e-ring with the wider w-band for various reasons, and I am planning to set the larger diamond (my original e-diamond) in a white setting.

both sets tog.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I will throw in a few more pics. Here is the ''new'' for me but old set:

antique 1138.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my orig. wedding band with the "antique" e-ring: (please excuse the piece of lint stuck in the prong...
8.gif
)

old WB new ER.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
RMS that is so unique!

Old-fashioned girl - GORGEOUS sets, I am sad to hear that you are changing to a white setting
39.gif
The ones you have are so delicate and classic!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
ilovesparkles, thanks so much for the compliment! As for changing to white, the good news is, getting that "new" antique* ring was my way of still being able to wear my yellow gold wedding band as a set with an e-ring, while still being able to wear my engagement diamond in a white setting, which I just like better on me. So I will still have 3 of the four rings I posted in YG. Just the plain solitaire will be reset. I will probably mix and match (I don''t mind having different color metal on different hands), sometimes wearing one thing or another. I like diamonds on my own hand better in white, but I am one who likes YG better for some things (e.g. with pearls or rubies, or depending on what color clothes I''m wearing.. maybe that''s weird?). But I''m glad there are still folks out there who appreciate YG, and I do appreciate compliments on my set!!
1.gif

*I use the term antique loosely because it came from an antique store. It is not old enough to qualify as "antique" I''m pretty sure.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2006 3:56:52 PM
Author: rms
I thought it would be ok to post some of my family heirloom yellow gold rings (and bracelet since I posted this in the ''show me your family heirloom'' thread). These are 21 or 22K yellow gold, and belonged to my mother.

I want that bracelet!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 6:27:46 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 2/20/2006 3:56:52 PM
Author: rms
I thought it would be ok to post some of my family heirloom yellow gold rings (and bracelet since I posted this in the ''show me your family heirloom'' thread). These are 21 or 22K yellow gold, and belonged to my mother.

I want that bracelet!
hehe...I would be happy to give it to you if I knew where you lived
2.gif

I should clarify also and say that the 2 rings I posted were my mom''s, but the bracelet belonged to my paternal grandmother. She had 4 of them to represent her 4 kids. When she passed away, she left 1 to each of her children, and my dad in turn gave it to me. He must have thought it would look funny if he wore it
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results