shape
carat
color
clarity

yellow gold band w/ white ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stannyboy

Rough_Rock
Anyone ever seen a yellow gold wedding ring with a white gold engagement ring?

Awesome idea?
Crazy idea?
Goes against everything we know to be true?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I don't like the idea.

Perhaps if one of the rings and WG and YG in it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 11:18:29 AM
Author:stannyboy
Anyone ever seen a yellow gold wedding ring with a white gold engagement ring?

Awesome idea?
Crazy idea?
Goes against everything we know to be true?
as a plan? I''d consult the person wearing it....

as a choice? why not??!! I''m having my ring done in white gold and it is a stand alone ring, but if I get a hankering to wear my wedding band with it, I won''t let the fact that it is yellow hold me back!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think you can wear whatever you like, but I don''t personally care for that look.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
personal preference and i don''t prefer it.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I like mixing the yellow and white gold within the same piece i.e., in a ring, I''d like the head to be white gold and the shank yellow and if I were wearing a band with it, have the band match in the same gold combo.

I wouldn''t wear an all white gold e-ring with a yellow gold wedding band, don''t think it would look good.

That being said, jewelry is all about personal expression and what YOU like. So if you like it, that''s all that matters.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a cool look if they are both thin pave bands with diamonds in them and the yellow gold band has yellow diamonds in them. However, for plain metals I''m not as crazy about it. I would definitely ask the wearer her preference.

stannyboy

Rough_Rock
looks like the general opinion is not overwhelmingly positive!

Was just curious anyhow.

Another question: Do they make curved bands in plain metal as opposed to with stones? I haven''t had much luck looking around.

PS I''m a guy and have little to no clue.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 1:04:23 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I think it''s a cool look if they are both thin pave bands with diamonds in them and the yellow gold band has yellow diamonds in them. However, for plain metals I''m not as crazy about it. I would definitely ask the wearer her preference.
yes... and if it looks like it makes sense it helps - like three matching rings - one a white gold ering with pave flanked by two yellow gold pave bands... I think that would look just fine!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t like the metal mixing, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results