shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Gold and White Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glossnpolish

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody...

(this is gonna be a long post)

It''s been an eventful past year... my engagement did not follow through... so here I am now, single. But I''m getting happier with time.

Anyway, onto happier things:

It''s soon to be my birthday. My last 20-something birthday.

You might recall that one year ago, I had some jewelry made for my birthday. Well since then, because there was quite a bit going on in my life, I lost my appetite for jewelry amongst other things, and my collection did not grow. No jewelry purchase for the last 1 year.

So just recently when I finally mustered enough courage to move on... I thought, hey it''s my last 20-something birthday round the corner, I should get something I will use for yonks, to commemorate the last year of my youth. Yeah I have at last come to terms with the fact that I am no longer a spring chicken, and my friends all around me are getting engaged/married/popping babies.

I''ve always thought I lacked the thing I would want very much: a cross pendant.

Thus I contacted Lesley of BGD to have a diamond cross pendant made. It will be made up of 11 pieces of 10-pointer stones and set in white gold. I should be getting the CADS soon.

Well while waiting for the cross to be made, I think something has woken the jewelry monster frenzy again. Exactly one year later.

After seeing mouth-watering pictures of a free-moving white gold bezel pendant on a white gold rope on BGD''s blog, I am thinking, hey maybe I should have this done in yellow gold, to my current solitaire which is at the moment sitting in a four-corners white gold pendant.

I''ve always wanted some yellow gold jewelry, to match certain outfits. Do you get the feeling sometimes, that your outfit would be better suited to yellow gold jewelry instead of white? Well I''ve got that, and so I extrapolated the yellow gold bezel pendant idea.

A YG bezel pendant will definitely need matching cousins; NEW YG bezel earrings. So I am also thinking of getting another pair of studs of 0.8ctw . These would definitely complete the set with a cartier trinity rolling ring that I currently have in YG/RG/WG/diamonds.

Am I being excessive to want a YG set and a WG set?

Should I save the pendant reset/earring monies and gravitate towards upgrading my current ear studs?

Here is my tiny collection for your evaluation:

- 1.2 ctw studs in 4prong martini WG
- diamond earring jackets WG
- 1.26ctw solitaire pendant in four corners setting WG (I realise it doesn''t suit me ''cos it flips around a lot)
- heart pendant made of 16pcs of 7-pointers WG
- in-the-making cross pendant WG
- 4mm scattered band WG
- 1ctw 5 stone band
- cartier trinity rolling ring with diamonds WG/YG/RG

I would love to hear what you have to say. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

glossnpolish

Rough_Rock
This is a long overdue picture of the heart pendant, in real life versus the WF CADs.
It is my beloved.

Thanks everyone for reading.

I am so sorry... this thread should be under RockyTalky. Mods, can you please move this thread? Thank you.

heartypic2.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Some people have a staple jewellery collection they wear to death and other have many sets they mix and match. I do not think there are hard and fast rules. I do believe some colours are better suited to WG/YG/RG so if that matters to you and you want options then by all means buy buy buy!

Seriously I think 1.2ct earrings are a great size and do not 'need' upgrading and if you want a YG set then get Lesley on the case.

glossnpolish

Rough_Rock
Thanks Steel, I''m glad I got a response.

As you said, there are no hard and fast rules, just that I didn''t to be excessive while trying to build a very classic and staple jewelry wardrobe. I''ll do the yellow gold pendant reset first and see how it matches my current earrings before spending on another pair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results