shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold and diamond mele setting, love at first sight

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
It was love at first sight....I looked in the case and spotted this ring. But it had a different 1.5 ct diamond in it, which was L or M color. Because I already had an unset diamond and because I wanted to save money, I asked if I could buy just the setting, and the jeweler said yes. So I bought it and had my diamond set into it. It's an I1 diamond, but the ring turned out beautifully, I think, and sparkles like mad, so I'm in love with it. So here are some photos. First, the finished ring and specs:

Diamond: 1.2 ct, F color, I1. 6.77 x 6.8 x 4.12, cut, polish and symmetry all Good.
Setting: 18k YG, with 1 ct SI2 mele

Maybe one day I'll upgrade the diamond, but I'll enjoy it for now. The setting thrills me.

Some photos: (Please excuse the unattractive fingers)

_27554.jpg

_27560.jpg

_27555.jpg

_27553.jpg

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Re: Yellow gold and diamond ring

Here are a few more photos of the ring now and before.

_27561.jpg

_27562.jpg

_27563.jpg

_27564.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Yellow gold and diamond mele setting, love at first sigh

I love this ring---it is rich looking in every single aspect---gorgeous icy center stone, great pave and generous, graceful tapering shank. It's blingie AND elegant, you don't see that every day.

Thank you for sharing the pics, loved seeing this ring! Wear in good health!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh this is pretty!!! :love: I'm so glad this worked out for you. This ring must sparkle like mad. it's a blingy look (which I love!) but also elegant, just beautiful! :appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh I love it! It looks so low and comfy!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

Thank you' azstonie (are you from AZ? Just guessing - from your name. Me too.), junebug17, and Asserhalo_lover! Yes, I'm a yellow gold lover, and the store usually has all platinum stettings, so this one just jumped out at me and SCREAMED take me home! Take me home! Not only is it YG, but the whole setting with the big diamond mele and everything about it just sang to me. I'm so glad the jeweler agreed to sell me just the setting, because I had the perfect diamond for it at home. :love: :love:
I do love blingy... :)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi gajl---I'm from CA and now live in AZ, been here since 1998 :bigsmile: East valley.

I'd love to know where you found that stunner, if you would share.

I've been to Coffin & Trout (very nice people, lovely colored gemstones and diamonds but their settings are too too for me), been to Oliver Smith, Bulgari at Scottsdale Fashion Square.

I'm looking for a good estate/vintage place here in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, have you found any?

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

I love yellow gold too. Congrats on your amazing find!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

YAY! to another YG beauty. I love love love pave in YG. so pretty.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

azstonie|1425315830|3840756 said:
Hi gajl---I'm from CA and now live in AZ, been here since 1998 :bigsmile: East valley.

I'd love to know where you found that stunner, if you would share.

I've been to Coffin & Trout (very nice people, lovely colored gemstones and diamonds but their settings are too too for me), been to Oliver Smith, Bulgari at Scottsdale Fashion Square.

I'm looking for a good estate/vintage place here in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, have you found any?

Hi, azstonie! I'm also an Az transplant, but I'm living in Japan now, and I found this ring here. So, unfortunately, I don't have any advice on where to find jewelry in AZ. I've been here for a long time...AZ is a vacation destination for me these days! (When I can afford one....purchasing bling puts a serious dent in travel funds! Lol). It was one of a kind, that's for sure. Thanks for the kind words...

Maybe some other PSers have some suggestions on good places in the Phoenix area?

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

Thank you SapphireStyle and lorrissey! I'm over the moon with it. Thank you for your nice feedback! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results