shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold and diamond 25th anniversary collection

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
For my 25th wedding anniversary year I decided that I wanted to create a capsule wardrobe (similar to @DorotheaBrooke's concept) of classic yellow gold and diamond pieces. I wanted 4 pieces - necklace, earrings, right-hand ring and bracelet - that I could put on and never take off and/or that felt wearable for everyday but that were timeless and beautiful. With the recent receipt of a Whiteflash DBTY bracelet the collection is finally complete.

I do not have a lot of high-quality jewelry pieces other than my initial engagement diamond (bought pre-Pricescope awareness) which was reset into a platinum ring with matching wedding band about 13 years ago and a 7 diamond platinum band which was purchased 20 years ago. Most days I only wear the 7 diamond band on my left hand rather than wearing my full wedding set. My husband isn't a big jewelry guy but he acknowledged that 25 years is worth celebrating and understood my desire to have a few more beautiful pieces.

My first piece of this capsule was the Tiffany Victoria medium sized necklace. I quite literally haven't taken this off since I've gotten it except to take this picture.

Next I got the the Cartier Love wedding band with 8 diamonds. I initially purchased this with only 1 diamond but realized that it was getting too annoyed when the single diamond flipped away from the top (had to purchase it a bit big to fit over my knuckle) so I returned that and purchased the 8 diamond. Even though I wanted a yellow gold capsule, the yellow gold Love wedding band just didn't feel right whereas the pink gold felt perfect. And over time their pink gold softens to a very pretty yellowish gold.

Next came Roberto Coin diamond huggies. I was selling an assortment of old gold chains, earrings without a mate, etc. to a local jewelry store and they offered an additional 10% on the gold value plus 10% off anything in the store so I decided to purchase these earrings. Unfortunately I can't wear them right now as I had my ear piercings repaired recently and am waiting for them to heal before I can get them re-pierced.

And finally the Whiteflash DBTY. It is 8 x 10 pts with yellow gold bezels and it is perfect. I appreciated all of the Pricescopers who posted their own DBTY bracelets as it was so helpful to look at all of the options in terms of number of diamonds, size of diamonds, etc. Michelle at Whiteflash was great to deal with. Aside from some FedEx shenanigans that made delivery a challenge, the process of ordering was very smooth.

I have a potential desire to add a yellow gold diamond bar bracelet to this capsule but haven't quite found what I'm looking for and have decided to see if I can take my DBTY to some local jewelers to try on some options before I lock into anything. Also considering a pair of VCA mini or small frivole earrings if I can find them pre-loved. But even if I don't end up getting either of those pieces, this capsule is perfect as is and will likely be what I wear most days from now on.

Thanks for looking and reading.

thumbnail_image0 (2).jpg thumbnail_IMG_2558.jpg thumbnail_image1.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What great choices, they all look really good together.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, I love ALL of them!! Simple, classic, understated elegance and absolutely wearable everyday. Brilliant choices!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Love this! Such an elegant capsule, I especially love the Cartier ring.

lookingforsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Your capsule idea is brilliant and your pieces are timeless!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect, classic choices that will never date.

I love them - congratulations!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your 25th anniversary! What a perfect way to celebrate your milestone. I love all of these classic pieces. Wear them in good health.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Everything is beautiful and they complement each other so perfectly!! Enjoy!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent choices, every one! And you definitely made the right call with the Love band. Wear in good health, and congrats on 25 years!!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love your collection! What a great idea. Congratulations on your 25th anniversary and hope you enjoy your collection in good health for many decades more.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some lovely pieces! Nice and classic...good choices for a capsule wardrobe!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how beautiful!! Love all of your pieces, all are elegant and classic and go together so well. The Tiffany pendant, sigh, so so pretty...congrats and enjoy your lovely new sparklies.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone. I love ogling all of the beautiful jewelry that everyone posts here even if a lot of it is out of my budget. And even though I have just a few pieces that I feel "worthy" of a SMTB thread, they definitely bring me joy and I was excited to share them with you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your 25th! Your choices are beautiful.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh so pretty! I love your capsule wardrobe! Everything goes seamlessly with everything else so it makes for ease of wear. Enjoy and happy anniversary!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them all and think they all look great together! Honestly, it is so good just to have a few basic classic diamond pieces to wear most of the time. I have too many things that almost never get worn! You did a great job choosing your pieces!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great capsule! Congrats on your 25th!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Well that didn’t take long =)2. I added this 1 ctw 14k yellow gold flexible diamond bangle to my capsule and love how it looks with my DBTY.

I thought bangles couldn’t work for me given I spend 8 hrs a day working at my keyboard but this flexible one is very comfortable. And it gives me the look of the diamond bar bracelet that I was going for.

But even better than a diamond bar chain bracelet - because this is a bangle with a semblance of structure which causes it to sit off my wrist a bit it doesn’t get tangled up with the DBTY or sort of run together with it so you always get the look of two distinct bracelets which I like.

Attachments

• 73ECDFBE-033E-4CA1-A099-F2269C51EF2E.jpeg
    73ECDFBE-033E-4CA1-A099-F2269C51EF2E.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 25

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! DBTY bracelet is my fave!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Well that didn’t take long =)2. I added this 1 ctw 14k yellow gold flexible diamond bangle to my capsule and love how it looks with my DBTY.

I thought bangles couldn’t work for me given I spend 8 hrs a day working at my keyboard but this flexible one is very comfortable. And it gives me the look of the diamond bar bracelet that I was going for.

But even better than a diamond bar chain bracelet - because this is a bangle with a semblance of structure which causes it to sit off my wrist a bit it doesn’t get tangled up with the DBTY or sort of run together with it so you always get the look of two distinct bracelets which I like.

Love your new diamond bangle and DBTY stack. I‘ve just started to think about a diamond bangle and really like how this looks on your wrist. I never knew about a flexible bangle and now I prefer this over a hinged one. Thanks for sharing.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's wonderful to have the perfect capsule jewelry wardrobe. I definitely lean toward minimalism and your pieces are perfectly chosen to match your tastes and work with your lifestyle. Congratulations on all of them.

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your 25th. Beautiful and elegant pieces you have put together.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:LOVE a theme and LOVE every piece you chose.
Congrats on 25 years.. enjoy it all.. the marriage and the bling! :appl:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, what a beautiful and classic collection! The gold looks gorgeous on you. I especially love the photo of your DBTY with your Love ring. And the Victoria is one of my favorite Tiffany designs. I think the gold Frivole studs would be an excellent addition to your collection. Feel free to post more pictures for us to admire! :love:

By the way, great idea to buy several pieces that work together for a big anniversary, instead of one major piece.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all of the pieces! You did a great job putting them all together.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Oh, what a beautiful and classic collection! The gold looks gorgeous on you. I especially love the photo of your DBTY with your Love ring. And the Victoria is one of my favorite Tiffany designs. I think the gold Frivole studs would be an excellent addition to your collection. Feel free to post more pictures for us to admire! :love:

By the way, great idea to buy several pieces that work together for a big anniversary, instead of one major piece.

@DorotheaBrooke after I had purchased the necklace, earrings and ring but before I had purchased the DBTY I stumbled upon your jewelry capsule thread which gave me confirmation I was on the right track because your pieces all looked so beautiful together.

And your thread where you were getting input on your DBTY was so helpful in thinking through the different options for size and number of diamonds. Ultimately I decided you hit the nail on the head with the config of 8 10pt diamonds so opted to do the same. Thanks for the inspiration!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results