shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Diamonds Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Since I know you all love to see pictures of sparkly things, thought I''d post my mom''s new ring. Here''s the story... My father called me a couple of months ago because he wanted to buy her something *really* special just because. The ''just because'' became the theme around this gift. He asked me to help him create a card and he had all these sweet sayings starting with ''just because''. And it was a good thing he called to get my advice because I knew she wanted a yellow diamond ring and not another necklace like he was going to get her. There''s a standing joke in our family that he always buys her the same (or similar) necklace because that''s the style he likes. Well now she has pretty much the same necklace for every day of the week. It became a joke... another gold necklace... not that that''s a bad thing and she''s very appreciate of his thoughtful and beautiful gifts, but it''s just that she might want some earrings or a bracelet or a ring to go with the gold necklace, you know? Anyway, I was more than happy to help. We actually had a lot of fun doing this together.

So without further ado... here''s her ring.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
5.5 FIY VS1 with 2 side trillions (not sure of the size on those) in a yellow gold setting custom designed from Lester Lampert in Chicago. Lester designed the ring himself. He was an absolute pleasure to work with!

jbh1.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock

jbh2.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
And of course I just had to try it on!
3.gif

jbh3.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Close up...

jbh4.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yozzzzzzers! That is so beautiful. I have been wanting a yellow diamond too. Maybe for my next ring if I am very lucky.

Trillions are awesome; MY FAVORITE and next to the yellow! Gorgeous!!!
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
She was absolutely blown away by this gift. The ring she had been wearing was a 1.5 ct oval that my dad got her 20 yrs. ago as an anniversary gift. He had the new ring inscribed with ''just because''.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow your mom''s new ring is just gorgeous. What a great story that is. I love that he had it inscribed with " just because".

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous!!! What a sweet thing for your dad to do--just because. I''d better not tell my mother about this thread!!! It''s just lovely and I''m glad she''s happy with it!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
wow! it is very very stunning! I''m sure your mom is very touched by his gesture..

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love that strong yellow color...very pretty!!!!
30.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful ring. A yellow diamond is on my wishlist for some day.

I love your kitty in your avatar.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the inscription on the ring and the sentiment behind it. Just love that. The ring is absolutely stunning!!!

dwnthehatch

Rough_Rock
WOW!! It''s beautiful. The trillions look perfect with the knife edge band.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow...it''s perfect! Beautiful!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''m going to email her the link to this thread. She''ll love to read all your comments.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!! I love fancy colored radiants, stunning setting as well!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Dream ring!!!!! How totaly lovely. Your mom is so lucky - I am sure she just about dropped. Very beautiful selection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous yellow stone and ring, and what a sweet thing for your Dad to do! Thank goodness you were able to advise him!!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
OH MY XXXXXX!!!!! Wish I get this kind of Just-Because ring soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W!!! That is a gorgeous ring and your father is so sweet to get it for your mother for *any* reason, but "just because" is the best possible reason of all!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
What a sparkler!! I love how the trillions complement the center stone without overpowering it. I am very jealous of your mom!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is just stunning! You are a terrific daughter to help your dad purchase such an amazing ring for your mom!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree she is a sweet daughter!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! I absolutely love it! Oh so wonderful--story and ring. Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is stunning!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring is amazing! I just love that whole look. The yellow, the trillians, WOW!

Maybe one day when the house is paid off and the college funds are completed. I love love that ring!

What size is the center stone? Is it a fancy yellow, intense yellow? Whatever it is, the color really pops!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscherisme!!! I want one too someday. heee heee. It is gorgeous. I love looking back at this Portia. The intensity of the yellow is so lovely. Thanks for sharing
emsmile.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
asscherisme - The center stone is 5.5 carats, not sure about the sidestones and it''s a fancy intense yellow. Lester has some beautiful stones!

SkipGirl - I''m glad you''re enjoying the photos. It''s so cute to see my mom so giddy with excitement - she never thought my father would ever buy her such an extravagant gift. Although she absolutely loves it, she says part of her feels a bit guilty wearing it... she''s been so involved in fundraising for a cancer center in her area (she''s a cancer survivor) she felt that the money could have been put to better use. I told her she had done sooooo much already with regards to her charity work... she should wear it and enjoy it in good health!!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!
1.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful, but I what I am really loving are all these romantic gestures...how sweet is that. I can only hope my husband feels that lovey towards me in the future (regardless of a ring or not).

I dunno, maybe I just get sappy at the holidays, but your dad sounds like a sweetheart & your mom got such a lovely gift.

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results